Make a donation

Author Topic: JonnyC's Audi S3 Project..  (Read 167885 times)

Offline jonnyc

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
Re: JonnyC's Audi S3 Project..
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2009, 05:47:41 pm »
can i just ask did you know about the piston when you got it ?????  and the red wheels look awesome i nearly did that but chickened out  :chicken:

Certainly didnt know about the piston, no way I would have bought the car if I did! So that was quite a shock, and a massive pain in the arse as the previous owner escaped the same fate by about 50 miles! He has zero sympathy and has basically left me to sort it all out.. Not something that I would have done if when he had driven away in the car 7months ago had the same problem.. Guess were all different!!

Thanks, yeah still not sat right and the S3 never suited the taller tyres, its going to have 10mm spacers all round and 225 tyres, should look perfect with that..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2009, 06:00:34 pm »
this is going to be a complete animal. cant wait to see it finished.  :popcornsoda:

TSR powered 1.9 16v mk2 Golf GTI
TSR big turbo mk5 golf gti

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2009, 06:12:54 pm »
 :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda:...............to another 100 page thread :wink:

Good luck jonny, hope the engines not too stuffed.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 06:14:26 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 06:15:27 pm »
:popcornsoda: :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda: :popcornsoda:...............to another 100 page thread :wink:

Lol, bearing that in mind.. Whenever there is a big update on the car ill add it to the first post as well as the thread.. Should make it a little easier to look through whats going on..

Offline plush-automotive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 06:26:59 pm »
daaam this is going to be cool as if a white s3 isnt cooler enough anyway but pushing them figures is going to rock mate. So thats what the wheel money is doing then lol :happy2:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2009, 06:43:57 pm »
daaam this is going to be cool as if a white s3 isnt cooler enough anyway but pushing them figures is going to rock mate. So thats what the wheel money is doing then lol :happy2:

Unfortunately the wheel money just about covers the cost of the turbo unit  :confused: Yeah, im really looking forward to having the car done, should know tomorrow exactly what is required for the build, get the bits ordered then im away!

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2009, 06:53:09 pm »
Should be fhooooking mental dude, guessing your already going to be a good proportion along with regards to the mods with it being your old car as appose to starting from standard (minus the set backs).

Best of luck dude  :jumpmove:
If you have to ask why, you'll never understand.

Offline Ryan_Evo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2009, 07:02:44 pm »
Not that keen on v-banded manifolds,great for swapping turbo etc but the ones i've seen seem a tad laggy.
A gt3076r won't produce anywhere near to 600bhp on pump fuel.550bhp is the realistic max thats with some very good supporting mods.
If your after a 10 second car that you need to run at least a gt35 and imo your need to be running a stroker to make it a fairly decent road car.Some of the mapping/fueling stuff you have listed seems a bit low tech for a 600bhp car.
If you need any help/advice ,no problem.

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2009, 07:16:41 pm »
Not that keen on v-banded manifolds,great for swapping turbo etc but the ones i've seen seem a tad laggy.
A gt3076r won't produce anywhere near to 600bhp on pump fuel.550bhp is the realistic max thats with some very good supporting mods.
If your after a 10 second car that you need to run at least a gt35 and imo your need to be running a stroker to make it a fairly decent road car.Some of the mapping/fueling stuff you have listed seems a bit low tech for a 600bhp car.

What would you suggest?

Offline Ryan_Evo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2009, 07:27:16 pm »
Is the aim still 600bhp and 10 second 1/4 on pump fuel??

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2009, 07:53:31 pm »
Is the aim still 600bhp and 10 second 1/4 on pump fuel??

Well yes, but a long term aim.. As I said earlier, Im doing this in two stages, the second stage may include a larger turbo, but we'll have to see..

Thing is, I dont really want a 35r as spooling at 5k isn't going to make a very nice road car! lol..

Yes, the aim is 600hp / 10's 1/4 / and all on straight pump fuel..

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2009, 08:02:52 pm »

Just a couple of questions in relation to your post..

Why would having a v-band flange change anything when it comes to spool compared to a 4 bolt flange? Surely its a lot more down to the design of the manifold itself and the flow characteristics? Also, its proven that the Tial V-Band housings flow more than the Garrett equivalents..

What is so low tech about the RS4 injectors and Autotech fuel pump plus a low pressure fueling solution? The most powerful 2.0T FSI cars out there are all running either that exact set up or something that is very very close? Not sure what you would suggest as an alternative?

35r would make good power for sure, but I dont fancy spool up at 5k.. The 3076 should offer great top end but be very drivable at the same time..

The USP GTI with a GT3076r turbo made 620WHP and has ran a 11.01 1/4 with full interior and FWD.. With 4WD and less weight, I think its possible, and ill try my best to make it a reality  :smiley:

No one thought that a mid 12 1/4 would have been achievable on a K04 MK5 until I did it in mine..

Offline Ryan_Evo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2009, 08:13:17 pm »
I know because i have used them,you are right it did make more power/flow at the top end,approx 10-15bhp.Did i say power or did i say spool  :wink:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2009, 08:17:35 pm »
I know because i have used them,you are right it did make more power/flow at the top end,approx 10-15bhp.Did i say power or did i say spool  :wink:

Ok ok..  :wink: Well we'll see..

Was this on a 2.0T FSI engine?

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2009, 08:21:04 pm »
I know because i have used them,you are right it did make more power/flow at the top end,approx 10-15bhp.Did i say power or did i say spool  :wink:

Ok ok..  :wink: Well we'll see..

Was this on a 2.0T FSI engine?

ryan's not played with a 2.0TFSI motor yet...just a 1.8T BAM and his 4G63 Evo motor!!!  (i think!)  :smiley: