Make a donation

Author Topic: JonnyC's Audi S3 Project..  (Read 168309 times)

Offline Ryan_Evo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: JonnyC's Audi S3 Project..
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2009, 08:22:45 pm »

Fueling,what l/hr is the pump then,because i have yet to see a single pump provide enough pressure for 600bhp.What cc are RS4 injectors because unless Audi decided to fit 1000cc's in a 420bhp they wn't be good enough.

I have driven/mapped loads of gt3076's and they are cracking on the road but they will only produce 500-550 and thats at 2-2.3bar held.

I don't pay much attention to the yanks as they love there overreading dynojets ,i know what a gt3076 and 1200kg can do and it's not a 10.

I'm just trying to help mate.

Offline Ryan_Evo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2009, 08:27:52 pm »

ryan's not played with a 2.0TFSI motor yet...just a 1.8T BAM and his 4G63 Evo motor!!!  (i think!)  :smile

I am in the process of fitting a full standalone to my bro's ed 30 was trying to keep it quiet so yes i have started to fiddle.
At the end of the day a turbo is a turbo i know what works and what it requires.Trying to help but i think i'm wasting my time.

Offline cal tdi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
  • dub or die
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2009, 08:29:33 pm »

35r would make good power for sure, but I dont fancy spool up at 5k.. The 3076 should offer great top end but be very drivable at the same time..

agreed, no point having a corsa vxr destroy you unexpectedly just cus your not on constant high alert revving the tits off it  :laugh:

an anti-lag system would be tres cool but having a crew of mech.s follow you around to rebuild the engine ever few 100 miles would be a little... impractical

looking forward to this what ever the outcome
Candy weiß Mk6 GTI - Stage 2

Offline Ryan_Evo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2009, 08:33:01 pm »
anti-lag doesn't kill engines it kills turbo's.

Offline chungster

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2009, 08:41:52 pm »

ryan's not played with a 2.0TFSI motor yet...just a 1.8T BAM and his 4G63 Evo motor!!!  (i think!)  :smile

I am in the process of fitting a full standalone to my bro's ed 30 was trying to keep it quiet so yes i have started to fiddle.
At the end of the day a turbo is a turbo i know what works and what it requires.Trying to help but i think i'm wasting my time.

now that's interesting!!!  What standalone ECU u using then?? Didn't realise u were into mapping!  nice one  :happy2:

nah not wasting ur time Ryan...the folks on here just need to be a bit more open minded perhaps. I mean i've read plenty of yours/caney/badgerbill's banter on the other forum and plenty of people now respect your views on BT projects.  :drinking:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2009, 08:45:17 pm »

Your not wasting your time, I think each of us will go about things in a different way thats all. If you think its going to be a massive failure then thats cool with me, im doing this to entertain myself  :happy2:

I look forward to see how you get along with the ED30. You must be running the new FSI Motec ECU?

At the minute I have a spec that im working to, and as I keep on saying this is the first stage. With the eventual goal being down the line, possibly with a slightly different spec depending on how I find the car to run with this..

I dont really get that last statement, with FWD and a 3076 and 1350kg USP have done a 11.05.. 150kg less and 4WD surely its a possibility..?? Maybes not..

APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline chungster

• Thank You
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2009, 08:50:28 pm »
they would have done that using drag slicks tho right JC???

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2009, 08:52:48 pm »
can i just ask did you know about the piston when you got it ?????  and the red wheels look awesome i nearly did that but chickened out  :chicken:

Certainly didnt know about the piston, no way I would have bought the car if I did! So that was quite a shock, and a massive pain in the arse as the previous owner escaped the same fate by about 50 miles! He has zero sympathy and has basically left me to sort it all out.. Not something that I would have done if when he had driven away in the car 7months ago had the same problem.. Guess were all different!!

Thanks, yeah still not sat right and the S3 never suited the taller tyres, its going to have 10mm spacers all round and 225 tyres, should look perfect with that..
i feel for you mate , i would have gone back and kicked up some serious sh*t ! but i suppose he was nt to know ? i would have expected some sympathy though . suppose buying with a warrenty from a dealers and such not so bad idea  but if any one can sort it its you  :wink:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2009, 08:54:22 pm »

Think they were on drag radials yes, but still.. A good 4WD launch will see 1.7 60ft times, and I think they ran a 1.9..

Anyways im really not too bothered, its meant to be fun. If I get to the 600hp goal then great, if not then ill still have a bloody quick S3.. Its not life or death to me

Offline Ryan_Evo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2009, 08:54:39 pm »
No i don't think it's a failure what your doing,you won't achieve 10's with that spec but i'm sure you will have fun trying!
I'm trying to advise you in what works and what you will need ,to do a 10 you need a 130mph terminal with 1200kg ,to get 130mph terminal you need 480-500whp DD,to get that you need minimum gt35.
btw it's not motec and will have switchable anti-lag and launch control,my bro's is just a test mule.

Offline Ryan_Evo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2009, 08:57:02 pm »

Think they were on drag radials yes, but still.. A good 4WD launch will see 1.7 60ft times, and I think they ran a 1.9..

Anyways im really not too bothered, its meant to be fun. If I get to the 600hp goal then great, if not then ill still have a bloody quick S3.. Its not life or death to me

yanks 1/4 miles are not like ours bud.

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2009, 08:59:23 pm »
No i don't think it's a failure what your doing,you won't achieve 10's with that spec but i'm sure you will have fun trying!
I'm trying to advise you in what works and what you will need ,to do a 10 you need a 130mph terminal with 1200kg ,to get 130mph terminal you need 480-500whp DD,to get that you need minimum gt35.
btw it's not motec and will have switchable anti-lag and launch control,my bro's is just a test mule.

Interesting, as far as I knew there wasnt many systems that worked well with the FSI engine because of the variable voltage to the HPFP.. That was quite a while ago though!! Im just going to get a WOT box for mine, bit of a cheat I know but should do the job for how often ill use it..

I ran a 119.8MPH run with my 350hp Golf, suppose it takes a lot more power for that extra 10mph..

yanks 1/4 miles are not like ours bud.

I hear people say that, but how come? The tracks?

Offline chungster

• Thank You
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2009, 09:08:23 pm »
well i know some tracks over there are not exactly "flat" lol.....

do they also calculate their ET's slightly differently to how the uk does it? maybe something to do with the reaction times?  :popcornsoda:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2009, 09:08:38 pm »

Offline Ryan_Evo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2009, 09:09:47 pm »
I can't give many details on the ecu at the moment but it will work fine and yes the injectors are the issue with them.

what was your wheel hp on DD and what was your car weight without you in it. I take it the 119mph was a mega bog start.

Some things the yanks claim on 1/4's are just unbelivable ,i've seen downhill strips and all sorts!