Make a donation

Author Topic: 2012 APR Remap Challenge is NOW!  (Read 13511 times)

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 18
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email
Re: 2012 APR Remap Challenge is NOW!
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2012, 09:56:54 pm »

Clearing the fault code will always remove limp mode until the problem happens again.  Sounds like you needed a good dealer close by to offer support and that is another major reason why we are here, to develop a dealer network of customer friendly professionals.

Yes what i need was good dealer support which was not available as for the problem that that bought the limp mode on  it was touching the accelerator pedal Lol

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2012, 11:24:29 pm »
Surely if they are that confident in their product then they should pick up any bill for getting your previous map put back on if you are not happy with theirs??

I see what you're saying, but really the risk (if any) would be minimal--it's a shame to hear of all of these tuners charging to reinstall their maps on peoples' vehicles. That's never something we would do. If customers are strongly considering this option, then surely it's more than a cost comparison. Maybe they're bored, curious, or want to conduct their own tests before choosing. Nobody is forced to do anything here, but what offer is a simple path to see what it's like. Worst case you leave with an OEM map a free dynograph and the ability to say you've compared the software... and then have to grovel to get your current tuner to flash your car again

APR should concentrate on gaining new custom by reputation and results... not trying to undercut all other companies with these stupid "amnesty" deals

If the software is that good then why is the proportion on APR customers on here (and many other forums) so low?

Not trying to undercut, just offering a lower cost alternative for those that want to give us a try.  Not many should want to pay for a remap again but we've seen that there is an opportunity to get a higher quality product so we are trying to make it less painful for those that have already shelled out hard earned money.  Why the hate for trying to help?  If we wanted to undercut, we would sell new remaps for less.

Sweeping statement of the year award goes to.....

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2012, 11:42:35 pm »

Probably got something to do with pulling out of the UK Rich followed by the Awesome Revo amnesty and then not looking after the dealers that stuck by them through the lean times.  :confused:

Not looking after the remaining dealers?!?  I beg to differ and invite you to contact any of them.  Gwent VW, Tuningwerkes.....all were taken care of just fine.  Now, we did kick some out around the same time, so maybe that's what you mean?

....@ APR: Perhaps you would like to take this opportunity to deny the story that some independent dealers who included APR among other tuner's remap offerings, were told they could only exclusively offer APR if they wanted to remain an APR agent.

I have a high regard for APR products but the whole Awesome Manchester affair doesn't inspire me with confidence in being looked after in the future if I was ever to convert from Revo to APR software.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline gizmo68

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
  • We're here for a good time, not a long time
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2012, 12:18:34 am »
... and what happens if one is not happy with the software?

Then you need to go cap in hand to your original mapper and hope they don’t charge you too much for wanting to jump ship in the first place.

Is that really how it works with other tuners?  With APR, once you buy it, you own it and reflashes are already free regardless of who we are flashing over.  Seems like a pretty poor customer service policy on their behalf to me.

I don’t know if that is what would happen, but you really blame them if they did?

I buy a product from company A which has a good reputation for maps and cs, yet i decide to bin their map and go with one of their competitors.

In the cold light of day I come to my senses and realise that company B’s map was in fact worse than what I had on the car before, so I either have to return the car to std at no cost, pay to have the inferior map on the car or go back to my tuner hoping they will give me a free remap (which in my case means an ECU removal).

Could you really blame them for wanting to charge a nominal fee for this service? a dealer overwriting the remap by ‘upgrading’ the ECU against your wishes is one thing, but to knowingly get it overwrote by a competitor is a different kettle of fish in my eyes.

As for my mapper I dare say there would be no charge, despite him already being out of pocket due to their outstanding c/s which has gone above what many or dare I say it any tuner would of done.

Which incidentally included:
a hire car to get me home after an unforeseeable problem on the day of the remap,
my car was then delivered to me a couple of working days after,
then after a query, a courtesy car was delivered to my work some 200 miles away and my car was collected,
which was delivered back to me a few days later - with a full tank (£70’s worth) of fuel.
All this despite nothing being found wrong with the car, that to me is c/s!

To top it it off they have the reputation in the UK of one of, if not the best mappers of VAG TDi’s (amongst others)
VCDS HEX-NET & VCP owner (covers all VAG cars)
(PM me if you require VCDS or VCP coding or scanning in Kent)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2012, 06:00:18 am »
i dont think this is aimed at persuading people who are currently happy with their remap to swap.  Id say its aimed at people who are already considering a change, but reluctantr to splash out £500 on a second(or 3rd) remap

Lets be fair, there are loads of guys on here who have changed tuner after being unhappy with their remap experience, and many have done it at full price.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2012, 08:25:04 am »
Yes I did Sy.  :smiley:

Offline Evan@APR

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2012, 11:02:23 am »
Lets be fair, there are loads of guys on here who have changed tuner after being unhappy with their remap experience, and many have done it at full price.
Yes I did Sy.  :smiley:

None of what you mentioned previously (below) indicates being unhappy with the remap?

Now, we did kick some out around the same time, so maybe that's what you mean?

Yup, you binned my dealer/tuner of choice so I binned your software as the support was no longer there.

Had my dealer/tuner been allowed to continue as an APR dealer then I would still be an APR customer. Simples.
APR UK
www.goapr.co.uk | elight@goapr.com | 0845 680 3527
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2012, 12:06:27 pm »
None of what you mentioned previously (below) indicates being unhappy with the remap?

No but it could have been better and as my dealer no longer was supported by yourselves and following on from vRS_Carls experience on an identical car to mine I changed.

Offline Marshall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2012, 01:33:28 pm »
Personally I don't see what all the debate is about.
If you want it, get it!
If you don't then don't.
I've had Revo on a previous car and bluefin and now APR on this car.
The car is smoother and quicker than anything else I've personally tested and although I've never met Keith or Evan the couple of times I've emailed or called for information etc they have been extremely helpful.
This debate can go on and on but I'd say anyone who has software and not 100% happy with it this is the perfect chance to compare.
If your happy with your current software you wouldn't even be looking at this thread would you?
Before anyone starts saying a fanboy etc I'm basing my information from actual experience of more than one brand of software and not hear say which people are very quick to do so.
MISANO RED RS3

Offline paulk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2012, 06:35:13 pm »
The only downside to APR for me was the fact i couldnt get all the maps on the cruise control , this option sold it to me ...I think if i had all the facts i would have gone revo with the sps...All a side the car feels great now .

Offline Marshall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2012, 07:01:49 pm »
Paul in a few months this option should be available as from what Evan said they have worked out a way to do it.
So should be a free update in the new year to accommodate us that couldn't get switching at time of purchase.
MISANO RED RS3

Offline paulk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2012, 10:49:12 pm »
Paul in a few months this option should be available as from what Evan said they have worked out a way to do it.
So should be a free update in the new year to accommodate us that couldn't get switching at time of purchase.

sounds good mate

Offline speedracer90

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2013, 10:30:05 pm »
I have apr in my car and take great respect in saying that to  :driver:

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2013, 11:43:36 pm »
is this deal still on??

Paul
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces