Make a donation

Author Topic: How many 3dr Mk5 Gti's are likley to be around with this spec?  (Read 3968 times)

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
Re: How many 3dr Mk5 Gti's are likley to be around with this spec?
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2013, 03:21:47 pm »
I would just like to add that don't get too hung up on the options and forget about the basics which are more important. Such as general condition & full service history :happy2:

No point having a fully kitted out dog of a motor :P
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline jordychris

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2013, 07:53:05 am »
Mine is a red 3 door 56 plate 47000
It has some nice options
Options list
Xenons
Full leather heated
Sat nav
18 in monzas
Sunroof
Leather armrest with iPod dock
Winter pack
plus the standard spec
I still think this is the best car I have owned even after 3 yrs

Offline jamma

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2013, 01:04:32 pm »
I have one of these.

Candy white 3 door

1. Xenons
2. Leather heated seats
3. Monza diamond cut wheels
I also have:
4. Parking Sensors
5. Highline Computer
6. Cruise Control
7. Winter Pack
8. DSG
9. Have other options I believe, like that arm rest thingy lol

Also has stage 1 revo map which I couldnt live without.

Love it and not seen many about in white either. I think the only option it hasnt got is the sat nav. Has nearly 4000 quid worth of options.

do you wish to sell it  :happy2:

I may be selling this soon now. I just moved back to bmouth and have a 330 mile round trip each weekend to Essex so a diesel is on the horizon me thinks.

Let me know if you want any info

Offline Jakesangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2013, 11:53:47 am »
Hello mate,

From personal experience if you have set your heart on Candy white with those particular options I would advise you to hold out until the right car comes along. If will be definately worth the wait.  We searched for a couple of months in order to find the right car which was a Candy White 5 door after originally looking at the steel grey option. Its just my opinon but the Candy White truly is a beautiful car and you wont be dissapointed. Ours is a '56 model with paddle shift DSG, has full service history, 40,000 miles and had loads of extras, including electric sunroof, arm rest, sat nav, parking sensors, xenons, headlamp washers, heated/folding mirrors, 18" Monzas. The only thing it didnt have that we really wanted was heated leather seats, it came with heated cloth seats. We bought it from a V.W. dealer and coincidentally he had a steel grey 5 door gti for sale as well which had heated grey leather seats, door cards, armrest etc. So after a little negotiation and a bit more cash the dealer swapped interiors for us and what a transformation it made. Dont settle for second best if you have you heart set on a particular car and the 3 door candy white looks awesome but with 3 kids as well the 5 door was our only option really. Good luck with your search I hope you get what you want in the end

Offline TonyZed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2013, 12:29:33 pm »
I have a similar problem looking for a Mk6 5 door with all the bits my Mk5 has (2005 in black)  :confused:

1. Xenons
2. Leather heated seats
3. Monza diamond cut wheels
4. Parking Sensors
5. Highline Computer
6. Cruise Control
7. Winter Pack
8. DSG
9. Satnav
10. MDI
11. Leather armrest
12. Blutooth
13. Heated/folding mirrors
14 Etc!!

I have only found 1 Mk6 in Autotrader and EBay with xenons ( and I missed it :rolleye:) which are a must once you have had them.  :driver:

TonyZ

Offline vaheedakhtar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2013, 01:49:22 pm »

Funnily enough, this is the same combination I looked for when searching for my current MK5. I looked for almost 8 months and had to settle on a black one without the xenons - but it has pretty much everything else.

Pedspalmer

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2013, 04:21:18 pm »
Hi I have a gti with all of that, but in black looking to sell it shortly. Thks ma

Offline swedishfireball

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2013, 05:28:55 pm »
so Ive been looking for around 2 months, now after a candy white GTI (orginally thought about an ED30) but over time have come to prefer the look of the standard GTI.

Looked at a few white gti's but after xenons and leather, but all the ones i am seeing all have cloth seats and no xenons at all.

In order of preference i want :-

1. Xenons (as i think its going to be a ball ache to retrofit them to work 100% as from factory)
2. Leather heated seats (all the ones ive seen so far are all cloth and not heated)
3. Monza diamond cut wheels (not so fussed about the wheels as its easy to change them)

So i am wondering am i being too fussy expecting to find a 3dr with at least the xenons and leathers?

or maybe i'm thinking its going to be pretty rare to get a white one with this spec

Or am i just not being patient enought?

How's this? Not completely standard but looks well maintained...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-GTI-MK5-2-0TFSI-CANDY-WHITE-DSG-LOW-MILES-STUNNING-CAR-LEATHER-BBS-L-K-/271195417244?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f2481aa9c