Make a donation

Author Topic: Thoughts On Rtech and the TIV map away from Bluefin Superchips  (Read 20900 times)

Saintsteve

Re: Thoughts On Rtech and the TIV map away from Bluefin Superchips
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2013, 05:36:23 pm »
Only just got round to reading this...

Nice write up Stevie boy  :happy2: sounds like R-Tech have another very happy customer to there collection and it looks like a lovely power band to boot :smiley:

The big question now though - what will it make on JKM's rollers?  :scared: :party: :signLOL:

I will be putting her on their next rolling road.. From what I gather, both R-tech's and JKMs rollers read very simular....

Well I hope so  :signLOL:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2013, 07:58:27 pm »

Nice write up Stevie boy  :happy2: sounds like R-Tech have another very happy customer to there collection and it looks like a lovely power band to boot :smiley:

The big question now though - what will it make on JKM's rollers?  :scared: :party: :signLOL:

I will be putting her on their next rolling road.. From what I gather, both R-tech's and JKMs rollers read very simular....

My stage 1 GTI was about 7bhp less on JKM's but there's many things that can influence the reading. James made the same on both  :happy2:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2013, 09:21:30 am »

Did yours make 315bhp / 362lb/ft on JKM's before then Steve?  :confused: I thought it was around the 280-90bhp / 315lb/ft mark?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting R-Tech's work (quite the opposite in fact) as they seem to be pulling out all the stops of late and kudos to them for that  :happy2:. I'm just interested in what rollers you will believe are a true reflection of what your car is running power wise given that for so long you have stood by JKM's figures. if you run around the 300bhp mark at JKM (which would be the same gain that R-Tech's rollers saw over your SC map), who's figures would you state if someone asked you the what your car is chucking out? Come on Steve, spill the beans...  :party: :signLOL: :jumpmove:

This is all hypothetical at the moment of course and tbh I would love to see the car make 331bhp on the next JKM RR day..  :happy2:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 09:27:00 am by Sunglasses Ron »

Saintsteve

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2013, 10:36:29 am »

Did yours make 315bhp / 362lb/ft on JKM's before then Steve?  :confused: I thought it was around the 280-90bhp / 315lb/ft mark?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting R-Tech's work (quite the opposite in fact) as they seem to be pulling out all the stops of late and kudos to them for that  :happy2:. I'm just interested in what rollers you will believe are a true reflection of what your car is running power wise given that for so long you have stood by JKM's figures. if you run around the 300bhp mark at JKM (which would be the same gain that R-Tech's rollers saw over your SC map), who's figures would you state if someone asked you the what your car is chucking out? Come on Steve, spill the beans...  :party: :signLOL: :jumpmove:

This is all hypothetical at the moment of course and tbh I would love to see the car make 331bhp on the next JKM RR day..  :happy2:

Last time she ran and JKM was 284bhp.. Which as I posted, that was stage 1 code.Superchips after just 2 months of me buying stage 2 in may 2009, reverted me back just 2 months later after I phoned them with a technical enquiry( unbeknown to me)
Wasn't untill march 2013 that I had a stage2 reinstalled after I quizzed about my logs with them. Long story but I'm sure 315 bhp on JKM would be there or thereabouts comparing to Rtech.
As James's car ran same power on both rollers, should say something Ben  :wink:

I'm sure at JKM, the new code logging and MAF readings and logs, will be no less then mid 320's minimum.

I'm at JKM on Thursday/Friday as it happens...  :innocent:

Offline Mandy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 95
  • -Receive: 94
  • Drink Russian, Wear Italian, Drive German :)
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2013, 10:42:42 am »

What are you doing, dyno?
Driving: Tornado Red MK7 GTD, BMW 330e
Drove: Rising Blue Golf 6R, Reflex Silver Edition30 No.1684, Tornado Red Mk5 Golf GTI

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2013, 10:52:58 am »

Last time she ran and JKM was 284bhp.. Which as I posted, that was stage 1 code.Superchips after just 2 months of me buying stage 2 in may 2009, reverted me back just 2 months later after I phoned them with a technical enquiry( unbeknown to me)
Wasn't untill march 2013 that I had a stage2 reinstalled after I quizzed about my logs with them. Long story but I'm sure 315 bhp on JKM would be there or thereabouts comparing to Rtech.

I'm sure at JKM, the new code logging and MAF readings and logs, will be no less then mid 320's minimum.

I really hope it does mate, believe me. It's just that there has been sooooo many people who have been let down when on their rollers over the years, especially when running higher stages of tune (Stage 2+ etc).
325-330bhp on JKM's dyno is what is normally seen by Revo Stage 2+ cars going off previous results, so if it gets anywhere near that it will be a cracking result mate  :happy2:

Is she going on this week then?  :party:

Didn't James' crack nearly 400bhp at R-Tech?

Saintsteve

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2013, 11:10:30 am »

I really hope it does mate, believe me. It's just that there has been sooooo many people who have been let down when on their rollers over the years, especially when running higher stages of tune (Stage 2+ etc).
325-330bhp on JKM's dyno is what is normally seen by Revo Stage 2+ cars going off previous results, so if it gets anywhere near that it will be a cracking result mate  :happy2:

367bhp springs to mine Ben, but he's now running a different CDL engine since last at JKM  :happy2:

Saintsteve

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2013, 11:11:59 am »

What are you doing, dyno?

I've posted a clue elsewhere, so get hunting  :wink:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2013, 11:44:13 am »

As James's car ran same power on both rollers, should say something Ben  :wink:

I'm at JKM on Thursday/Friday as it happens...  :innocent:

It did but Nick "watered it down " for JKM as the LPFP wasnt up to the job really so would have given a poor graph  :wink:

James was on the same CDL lump at JKM as he is running now. His first outing at JKM was on the BWA lump which broke a while later  :laugh:

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2013, 11:55:16 am »
Slightly off topic and apologies if covered elsewhere.

R-Tech maps - If battery is disconnected how do you get the map back (if indeed its wiped)

Do R-Tech have a long waiting time to get booked in?

:popcornsoda:
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2013, 11:57:44 am »
Slightly off topic and apologies if covered elsewhere.

R-Tech maps - If battery is disconnected how do you get the map back (if indeed its wiped)

Do R-Tech have a long waiting time to get booked in?

:popcornsoda:

You dont lose the map if you disconnect the battery.  :happy2:

You will have to fing Nick about waiting times etc

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2013, 12:00:48 pm »
As mentioned above - Disconnecting the battery won't wipe the map. With Revo maps however, it does revert the settings back to default B0 T0 F0 and feels like it has lost the software. A quick pluggin in off the SPS switch soon sorts that though..

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2013, 12:30:10 pm »
Thanks guys,

What if for instance you needed to put it back to standard settings, would you need to go back to Nick to turn on/off ect?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 12:50:41 pm by mvb12 »
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2013, 03:52:20 pm »
Yes you would have to go back to Nick or a VW Dealer to flash back to stock

Offline rtechniki

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 27
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2013, 08:17:52 pm »

James with the BWA ran 367bhp at JKM from memory, then with the CDL it ran 450lbft 380bhp on my dyno then the following week it ran bang on the same numbers at JKM.

The car will run 404bhp on the dyno be we have never been able to keep it at 400bhp due to the low pressure fuel pump not keeping up. so the safe limit we found is 380bhp until we find a solution for the fuel pump to keep trims below 18%.

As far as I know with the CDL and BWA engine its the most powerful K04 TFSI recorded on the dyno dynamics at JKM? (just moved the goal posts for numbers on that dyno)  So people cannot blame there dyno for low numbers when a setup has made 360bhp+ on two occasions.   Its all about getting the cars hardware 100% spot on first then map it.   Some of the stage2+ setups out there are never going to get over 330bhp on the jkm no matter what mapping is used, but if the owners start looking into there hardware a little more and aim for cooling and flow instead of brand names then they might start seeing constant 340+bhp at JKM.    (Performance hardware gimmicks dont make power they make the sellers money..lol)   Maps and tuners are only as good as the hardware and engine VE.
Nick Gower
R-Tech Performance Tuning
Hinckley 01455 617233
Bespoke ECU Software for 1.8T & 2.0TFSI