All Things Mk5 > Mk5 General Area

REVO or APR ?

(1/4) > >>

Rich:
I'm selling my car, but good news is, i'll be getting a GTi  :jumpmove:


I'll be looking to remap the car first, but which remap should i go for ?


I've got confused a bit... can you still have a Stage 2 remap, but without having to get all the other stuff such as a Turbo back exhaust  etc...


All i'm looking for is the best remap which JUST changes the ECU. Hope that makes sense lol.


I see APR has more torque than the REVO map.


Look forwards to reading your opinions on this :smiley:

WhiteGTI:
Where does it say that the APR has more torque?

On average REVO maps achieve more power I think. There was a discussion about it a couple of weeks ago, comparing all of the maps, and their respective power/torque outputs.

GTIjames:
you can stright to stage 2+ without an exhaust or intake, you just have to get a uprated high pressure fuel pump that will probably give you the most bang for your buck. surprised that not many ko3 gti's have done this yet..

exhaust and intake will further improve things

anyhow how come the insurance works out cheaper on a remapped gti than a soot chucker  :stupid:

Rich:
Was looking at these stats



http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tfsi_trans.html


APR stage 1 - 303TQ

VC:
I say this without p1ss taking mate but you have checked your insurance for a stage 2 modded Gti?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version