Make a donation

Author Topic: Diesel tuning talk to me!  (Read 1610 times)

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
Diesel tuning talk to me!
« on: July 31, 2009, 01:07:57 pm »
Hey folks
Sorry to but in on your gti forum with my derv but im having a remap on my 2.0tdi pd 140 which one is yet to be decided but the bluefin is standing out at the mo.
Im also looking into a exhaust and panel filter but am very worried that adding a exhaust would make the car sound like a tractor and smoke its brains out the same with the air filter! Would these extras make any real differences or should i just save my money and buy a ED30 :grin:

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline NotNormal

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: Diesel tuning talk to me!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 03:01:17 pm »
I have a PD170, running Revo software, full turbo back exhaust and cold feed air filter.

My turbo back exhaust is a Miltek resonated, inc DPF removal pipe (yours just has a diesel cat not the DPF) and doesn't have any tractor qualities - it sounds like a normal petrol turbo with a resonated system TBH

Currently running circa 220bhp 330lbs/ft (with more power to come ;) ) and don't have a problem with smoke, you get a puff of it if you've been chugging around town all morning then go out on the open road and boot it, but it clears then you get minimal smoke there on !

Both the exhaust and filter made small but noticable changes, maybe not it out and out power but drivablitly

The rev range has increased by aprox 500 - 600 rpm and the car feels alot less breathless

HIH

Tom
Don't judge me by your ability !

Current daily crapper - Audi A6 Avant 3.0tdi SLine Quattro

Previous favourite rides :

BMW E92 335d M/Sport (351/520)
BMW  E92 335d SE (339/500)
Golf MK5 GT170 Diesel Sport (220/330)
Audi S4 (B6) - Noggy blue (366bhp)
Evo VI (6 ;) ) RSII - Scotia White (420bhp)
Astravan Sportive 1.9 CDTi - 190bhp
Astra GTE (MK2) Turbo (

Offline davo01

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Diesel tuning talk to me!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 09:31:11 pm »
have to agree with not normal

i have a 04 140 with miltek turbo back non resonated and it just makes it so more responsive and free for more of the rev range

am hoping to see some good gains with this and my hybrid turbo once mapped