Make a donation

Author Topic: Zaino?....  (Read 15787 times)

Phil Mcavity

Re: Zaino?....
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 03:54:35 pm »
I create my own stance by eating one or three Pastys a day to give phylis that lowered look  :happy2:

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 06:05:21 pm »
I create my own stance by eating one or three Pastys a day to give phylis that lowered look  :happy2:

Nice.  :happy2:

veedub18

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 07:19:54 pm »
I stand by my recommendation and truly believe its just what you need Red.   :star:

I'd never pay for something I could do myself, especially getting the satisfaction of a job well done!   :drinking:

Z2 and Z8, they will sort you out nicely  :happy2:

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 11:49:17 pm »

Lol ! Very good !!!

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline autoperfection.com

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 28
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 01:34:16 pm »
we suggest you try out our new sealant

You can't just write that without posting up details. :drool:

:grin: We're just working on some more in depth info, which will be loaded onto the shop when the product goes live so we'll keep you posted!

So, it seems clear to me that Zaino is very highly rated. The only other rival product would be Taryn&Jim's new sealant. I've a huge amount of respect for you guys (TnJ) and your dedication and enjoyment in what you do....BUT....I would need to know a bit more info about how this new sealent is better than Zaino which is already well proven.

We couldn't possibly pass comment as to whether it's a better or worse product than Zaino, however, our extensive tests have shown that the product is both extremely easy to use and provides outstanding results.  We had our first sample of the finished formula and applied it to several test cars well over twelve months ago and the product is still holding up excellently.  In terms of being well proven, this of course can only come with time and once people have tried and tested the sealant for themselves hopefully it will also become a very highly rated product!

Hope this helps!

Taryn and Jim :smiley:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 02:12:47 pm »
^^^^
Thanx TnJ :happy2:

My question comparing with Zaino was more for myself and others to answer, rather than asking yourselves to comment - I totally understand how professional you are in not commenting on rival products.

I'm about to order some Zaino and am going for it because I'm a newbie and it's already proven. If your product was already out and others were reporting on it, I'd be considering it. However, I will be using your great big supersoft-softer-than-anything-else-I've-ever-touched go-to-bed-with cloth to buff.

Cheers, you two :drinking:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

veedub18

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2009, 06:57:01 pm »
^^^^
Thanx TnJ :happy2:

My question comparing with Zaino was more for myself and others to answer, rather than asking yourselves to comment - I totally understand how professional you are in not commenting on rival products.

I'm about to order some Zaino and am going for it because I'm a newbie and it's already proven. If your product was already out and others were reporting on it, I'd be considering it. However, I will be using your great big supersoft-softer-than-anything-else-I've-ever-touched go-to-bed-with cloth to buff.

Cheers, you two :drinking:

Any updates Red? Looking forward to seeing a coat of Zaino on Tornado Red  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 07:48:41 pm »

Any updates Red? Looking forward to seeing a coat of Zaino on Tornado Red  :happy2:

....Just a matter of allocating enough time during a good weather spell - Not a simple matter!

I'm going to try a patch with clay first to see what the score is. :happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

veedub18

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 07:55:09 pm »

....Just a matter of allocating enough time during a good weather spell - Not a simple matter!

I'm going to try a patch with clay first to see what the score is. :happy2:

Great stuff!
With clay, I like to warm it up first, in a cup of hot water or similar. Tear a chunk off, rub it around in your hand and get it soft, as I find it will pick up more stuff when softened. Use plenty of lubricant, and you will be able to feel how smooth the paint is when it has done a proper job. You'll be quite surprised how much stuff it actually removes  :happy2:

I use Megs last touch as a lubricant, some people use watered down car shampoo, and there are a lot of clay detailers, Megs QD etc.

Looking forward to hearing your findings.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 08:16:38 pm »
^^^^
Yep, softening it up and using a lubricant is what I have been advised :happy2:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2009, 08:32:56 pm »
Ky won't work as well in this instance though robin,
 just stick to the bottle sold in the kit ;)

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 06:49:03 pm »

Z-2 Pro on its way to me and Meg's Quick Clay Kit bought. Also, leak in my garage roof now mended - Actually extremely important!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 07:41:42 pm »
Looking forward to seeing how it goes ;)

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2009, 06:23:45 pm »

Latest is that I've got the Zaino Z-2 Pro and Meg's Quik Clay Kit so no more excuses except the weather.

Does it matter if I handwash my car one day, garage it, and clay another day? And do I have to buff soon after claying or can I wait another day before Zaino?

veedub18

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2009, 06:57:07 pm »

Latest is that I've got the Zaino Z-2 Pro and Meg's Quik Clay Kit so no more excuses except the weather.

Does it matter if I handwash my car one day, garage it, and clay another day? And do I have to buff soon after claying or can I wait another day before Zaino?

Hi Red, hows it going bud?

If you wash and dry your car then put it in the Batcave, as long as its clean, then claying next should be ok. You just want to make sure there is no grit at all on the paint as it could scratch. Use lots of lube (que the jokes from the usual suspects...!)
Once you have clayed, all your surface protection will be removed, so its pretty important that you get some cover on as soon as, especially before going out into the big wide world!
What I'd do is wash and clay, say for example on a Saturday evening if you have nothing else planned. Have a good nights kip, then apply the Zaino on the Sunday morning, (20 mins for a GTI approx), give it half an hour, then buff it off.
Jobs a good-'un  :happy2:
You will find the car a lot easier to wash and dry, next time around.

HTH.

Stuart