Make a donation

Author Topic: Pressed plate - wheres best to buy from ?  (Read 3035 times)

Offline Loooda

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Pressed plate - wheres best to buy from ?
« on: June 06, 2013, 09:44:32 am »
Good Morningggg

iv been looking for some pressed plates this morning but iv read that you can get "bad quality" ones and "good quality", althought i havent read where from!

anyone suggest the best place to buy a set from please :) ?

thankssss

:drinking:
Do you know what "nemesis" means?
A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Personified in this case by an 'orrible c***... me

Offline Mk5Dom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 19
Re: Pressed plate - wheres best to buy from ?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 09:48:15 am »
I had some eBay cheapo ones on my Polo.
Then made the transition to Dubmiester and they were fantastic quality.

I'm sure everyone else will suggest Dubmiester.
Past: MY07/Mk5 Golf Match 1.9 TDI 105PS Manual Steel Grey Metallic
Present: MY13/Mk7 Golf GT 2.0 TDI 150PS DSG Tornado Red, MY14/2K Caddy Startline 1.6 TDI 102PS Manual Candy White

Offline Loooda

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 09:51:57 am »
iv just seen on dubmiester that you have to send a proof of identity and some form of Proof of Entitlement,

i dont really wanna send my driving license / passport away :(! haha

Offline wycombeant

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 10:03:15 am »
Iv got the ebay ones....had them 6months with no problems and never been pulled  :wink:

£25 with no hassle of sending docs  :pomppomp:

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 10:04:53 am »
I grabbed new plates from eBay albeit not pressed, and they didn't require docs either. :happy2:

Offline Mk5Dom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 10:05:59 am »
Go on there site and look for one of there 'dealers'.
I was in the same boat as you, didn't want to send off my driving license either.

I found my local one, drove there with my paperwork, paid for, delivered within a week and a half.

http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/dealer-locator/
Past: MY07/Mk5 Golf Match 1.9 TDI 105PS Manual Steel Grey Metallic
Present: MY13/Mk7 Golf GT 2.0 TDI 150PS DSG Tornado Red, MY14/2K Caddy Startline 1.6 TDI 102PS Manual Candy White

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 10:25:33 am »
iv just seen on dubmiester that you have to send a proof of identity and some form of Proof of Entitlement,

EASY (if you have a scanner!)  I was worried about this so I emailed Dubmeister and they will accept your documents electronically.

I scanned my V5 document (all 4 sides) and my driving licence (both paper and photocard from and back) to PDF files.  I then zipped the files up using my registration number as the password and then emailed the ZIP file to sales@dubmeister.co.uk (obviously telling them the password was the car registration).

Then when I placed my order online they matched the order to the email. 

The plates arrived within a couple of days and they are excellent, really pleased with them.  I drove past the police mobile ANPR cameras that visit the roundabout near my office every month, on four occasions and wasn't pulled over so I assume they register ok with the cameras and won't be a problem.
Black 2008 GTi, InPro smoked door mirror indicators, genuine Autohaus Wolfsburg plate holders, uk legal pressed metal plates, LED number plate lights, MTEC super white headlights & side lights, LED internal lights, Polo stubby aerial, Kenwood DDX4023BT head unit & Enfig surround.

Offline Loooda

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 10:27:37 am »

EASY (if you have a scanner!)  I was worried about this so I emailed Dubmeister and they will accept your documents electronically.

I scanned my V5 document (all 4 sides) and my driving licence (both paper and photocard from and back) to PDF files.  I then zipped the files up using my registration number as the password and then emailed the ZIP file to sales@dubmeister.co.uk (obviously telling them the password was the car registration).

The plates arrived within a couple of days and they are excellent, really pleased with them.  I drove past the police mobile ANPR cameras that visit the roundabout near my office every month, on four occasions and wasn't pulled over so I assume they register ok with the cameras and won't be a problem.

your a life saver mate :)!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 10:33:45 am by Loooda »

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 11:26:11 am »
As above I got mine from Dubmiester and sent my docs electronically :happy2:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline chowgar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 01:02:17 pm »
Dubmeister here too.... sent my docs all recorded there and back in no time with no issues... :happy2:

northyracing

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 05:19:04 pm »
Iv got the ebay ones....had them 6months with no problems and never been pulled  :wink:

£25 with no hassle of sending docs  :pomppomp:

Same here absolutely perfect quality and no hassle that's worth £25 all day long

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 09:48:40 pm »

EASY (if you have a scanner!)  I was worried about this so I emailed Dubmeister and they will accept your documents electronically.

I scanned my V5 document (all 4 sides) and my driving licence (both paper and photocard from and back) to PDF files.  I then zipped the files up using my registration number as the password and then emailed the ZIP file to sales@dubmeister.co.uk (obviously telling them the password was the car registration).

The plates arrived within a couple of days and they are excellent, really pleased with them.  I drove past the police mobile ANPR cameras that visit the roundabout near my office every month, on four occasions and wasn't pulled over so I assume they register ok with the cameras and won't be a problem.

your a life saver mate :)!

No problem, hope you like your new plates!

I bought some genuine Autohaus Wolfsburg plate holders on eBay to put my metal plates in, bit expensive but they do look pretty smart.
Black 2008 GTi, InPro smoked door mirror indicators, genuine Autohaus Wolfsburg plate holders, uk legal pressed metal plates, LED number plate lights, MTEC super white headlights & side lights, LED internal lights, Polo stubby aerial, Kenwood DDX4023BT head unit & Enfig surround.

Offline Stanipkiss

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 11:38:16 pm »
I would recommend Dubmeister all day long, quality is the best and great service.
They are based in TSR in Bridgwater, not far from me and the sales girl is pretty to (worth a visit)  :happy2:
I will be getting another rear plate from them next week for my trailer.

Mk5 Jetta 2.0l Tdi 140 se Apex RDX coilovers, BBS VZ003, Skyline tails, Genuine Xenons more to come

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2013, 10:10:26 pm »
I think Dubmeister are the only ones that are properly legal and have been tested to the correct BS standards etc
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)