Make a donation

Author Topic: CLOSED  (Read 9142 times)

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Re: MK6 Remap - Need Help !!! - who to go with?
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2013, 09:10:01 pm »
The only difference in fuelling maps between your first software version and the second is the rail pressure at low load, rail pressure is lower. This is a revision made by VW in their we software versions. This would not cause a change in MPG that would be noticeable.

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
Re: MK6 Remap - Need Help !!! - who to go with?
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2013, 05:31:08 pm »
Lool, i can get that in my MK6 GTI  :P

Hope you get it sorted soon mate....
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
Re: MK6 Remap - **NOW** - Marshall Remap Gone Wrong Story
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2013, 06:43:16 pm »
Sorry Ross I should've started my own thread.
No need to rename it though!

Nah its cool, i have my car mapped now, so need need for it to be called "Where to get MK6 Mapped" - thought i go with Superchips as its been tried and tested on 100's of TSI - didnt want the bother like you where you have had to back and forth, plus i take put on and take off map when needed....

You thought about Superchips Bluefine for your GTD? - their customers service is a amazing, they sent my map within 15 mins  :congrats:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2013, 09:46:58 am »
I have received your PM Kev and replied. We can do 1 of 2 things for you:

1. We can restore the ECU to full factory settings until you find the underlying issue which is causing you problems.
2. We can restore the ECU to full factory setings with TPROT switched off so that the OBD port is still active for future flashing.

This case is a very strange one, the car was perfect (with a huge amount of praise from Kev about its performance and MPG gains) with no issues for 3 months before we are informed of a noise, spend a day diagnosing said noise and then another issue arises which is resolved with a battery reset, now the car has lower than expected MPG. Seeing as a map cant ever change itself, then there must be an underlying issue on the car. This is the case with the majority of cars that have a fault afer a remap, but the remap will always be held to blame, thats just the way it is in the UK, none of our dealers accross the world suffer from customers with the same outlook.

The same software configuration that is on Kevs car is on another 300+ cars across the UK and thousands worldwide flashed through the Sedox network of dealers, no cars have had these same issues before and due to Kevs car miraculously 'fixing itself' with a battery reset its clear that this case is due to an underlying issue that is yet to be resolved.

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2013, 02:05:19 pm »
ill change the title as its unfair to says it gone wrong -  ....my bad

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
Re: Marshall and his re-map story - Starts on page 2 or 3
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2013, 02:36:36 pm »
I've read this entire "problem" (Marshalls) with interest. I am not a mapper but after getting the power from my old TDI I have a pretty decent (not amazing) understanding of TDI tuning. All I will say is this ... what a farse.

From reading the posts I see nothing wrong with PDTs position on anything, they seem to have actually gone out of their way to help!  :fighting2:

MPG can vary so much from many things..

Wind speed
Wind direction
Small inclines or declines in the road
Tyre pressures (have you even checked this?)
Car alignment (tracking)
EGR contamination
Rate of DPF regeneration if you still have it
Quality of fuel (regular or premium)
Humidity effecting combusion efficiency
Hot weather causing heatsoak thus making the charge air less dense, decreasing power and needing more throttle to maintain a given speed
Air filter being dirty
Fuel filter being dirty
Boost leak (which has been tested I presume).

A remap in itself will not cause any noticable difference in engine noise. Outside of changing fuelling amounts at idle, SOI and injector duration, idle speed and EGR duty cycle, and only very slight. I had 5 different remaps on my old car and never noticed any difference in engine noise in any of them.

If you noticed the noise immediately you should have taken it back immediately. Not 3 months later. After 3 months after I mapped your car, if you came back to me saying "it's making a noise" I would say "okay I will investigate at a rate of £xx ph."

You are complaining over a 3mpg difference which can easily be caused by any of the above. Resetting the battery in itself would not cause a noticable difference in MPG. It would reset certain parameters as PDT have mentioned already.

I can drive the same route between where I live and a friends house and driving in a similar fashion, get anywhere from 33mpg to 42mpg.

You can look for a problem if you want but it doesn't necessarily mean there is one.

Fit a boost gauge which can allow you to see how hard the engine is working. You will be able to tell when you are driving up hill or down hill, or have the wind on your side or not. Then you can tally that up with expected MPG (not forgetting that with a battery reset the onboard MPG readout will be slightly wrong anyway and takes up to 1000 miles to re-calibrate).
Are you noticing less miles per tank or simply a lower MPG readout on the gauge? Because actual and displayed can be amazingly different...

It's a private issue between customer and mapping company but since it's posted publically (not sure what that achieves anyway) then it's open for opinion.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:43:42 pm by xjay1337 »

Offline graeme

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2013, 02:40:59 pm »
^^ Spot on  :congrats:

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2013, 03:35:26 pm »
^^ Spot on  :congrats:

Yep....well put. To be fair think this topic needs locking and let them sort it outside of the forum.  :popcornsoda:

Offline flatout

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2013, 05:17:08 pm »
how can it be private when you are posting on a forum with hundreds of members?????
stage 2+ Grey Ed30..DSG 362 BHP.380 lb/ft.....Also Statller Tuned :)

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2013, 06:19:08 pm »
I don't mind this being on the forum, it (hopefully) shows how we deal with things when customers come back to us with a problem, be that 1 day or 1 year later, we will go out of our way to help resolve the issue, and as in Kevs case we don't charge for any of this testing or investigation work. A lot of our work is helping drivers that have had a remap elsewhere that come to us for diagnostics etc... Because their tuner has washed their hands with them once they have paid for the remap and they don't want to know.

At present the only issue is a slight drop in MPG from where it was a few weeks back, but car is driving perfectly. There are so many reasons why mpg can vary, the current humidity and barometric pressure won't help diesels AT ALL, neither will the hot intake temps and higher fuel temps.

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2013, 07:10:20 pm »
The mpg may be low but how many miles are you getting to a full tank?

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2013, 10:57:56 pm »
It now seems everyone's an expert!!!
This was a private matter and if you'd read earlier I posted here as I didn't get any reply from Dave in my earlier emails  but that parts sorted now.
Once my cars back to standard then that's when this can be put to bed once and for all.

As for comments from people saying mapping can't alter engine noise etc then its not worth going in to the fueling side.
I'm first to admit I'm a perfectionist and like things to be right.
This is what I'm trying to achieve.
Dave is arranging for the car to be flashed to standard.

Not an expert at all mate.
I've just been there and done that having more than doubled my TDIs standard power. As I said I'm not a mapper but I'm not an idiot either and I know how a diesel engine works and what happen with a remap.

The whole grievance was a private matter and you could have phoned, or PM'd - but instead you make it public. If you make it public then people can read into it what they like and comment as they see fit.

As I said I've given you an almost complete list of things which can effect your MPG. Have you checked the basics such as your tyre pressures with an accurate gauge?

PDT seems to have gone above and beyond (and still are) what anyone would "reasonably expect" such a company to do. And this I think shows on the thread and I'd certainly use PDT based on what I've seen.

And when your fuel efficiency is worse when the remap is taken off I wonder what will happen then! Maybe VW's map is faulty as well.  :confused: :party: :chicken:

This case is a very strange one, the car was perfect (with a huge amount of praise from Kev about its performance and MPG gains) with no issues for 3 months before we are informed of a noise, spend a day diagnosing said noise and then another issue arises which is resolved with a battery reset, now the car has lower than expected MPG.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:59:54 pm by xjay1337 »

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2013, 12:41:37 pm »
I have to agree with Jay on this  :happy2:

Certainly wouldn't put me off going to PDT for a remap for my scirocco  :drinking:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2013, 04:48:33 pm »
Hi Kev,

Not read it yet but will check now, have loads in my PM box and raraely get a chance to come on here these days as we are working a 1 month waiting list with 2 staff away on holidays!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2013, 05:02:33 pm »
Glad to hear its all sorted-did you find out what was causing the issues