Make a donation

Author Topic: QQ re number plate surrounds  (Read 1790 times)

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
QQ re number plate surrounds
« on: August 16, 2009, 05:56:32 pm »
Hi all, a nice productive afternoon outside (inbetween showers), massive clean up, pescaras poorboysed, inside and out got the full works... next i thought time to sort out those sooty milltek tails..and they turned out a treat. For some time I thought there was something dodgy with them, but some WD40, elbow grease and they've came back lovely. :jumpmove:

Whilst in the mood I decided to fit my number plate surrounds, did the rear...then...err went to the front and found that the existing mounting is not screwed in...it seems to be plastic pop rivets.  I am assuming that I need to remove the oem numberplate mount before I put my replacement on. Looking for someone who has fitted the same to the front, how did you remove the oem mount?

Pic below which shows shiney tails and new numberplate mount.

Red is a night mare to photo correctly, especially from an iPhone. ...Going to make some thai green curry then head out for a blast. When I get the front fitted I will publish some newer photos, my wee car deserves to be spreadeagled for all to see, she's not had much publicity recently.

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
Re: QQ re number plate surrounds
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 07:25:43 pm »
Were did you get them from mate please & what have they got on the lower edge ?.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline candy turbo

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 07:27:45 pm »
you ll have to fit the front one on top of the oem one other wise it looks pants mate  :happy2:

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 08:03:55 pm »
Thanks guys, eBay... It says www.Autohaus-Wolfsburg.de

Cool I'll pop it on top, just need a couple of of tappers.

Oh and I also fitted the black Vw badge at the front. :-)