Make a donation

Author Topic: Someone Crashed Into Me :(  (Read 3741 times)

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Someone Crashed Into Me :(
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 05:54:39 pm »
The next renewal is not always as bad as you dread.
My daughter 20, had 1st accident, no damage to hers,£1300 damage other car, she lost 2yrs no-claims leaving her with 1yr, admiral renewal came in cheaper than the year before???? even though female premiums where supposed to go up.....I think the guy on the phone rolls some dice to get the insurance premium......if you complain he rolls them again..... :popcornsoda:
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder

Offline Andygtiiii

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 07:33:27 pm »
Gutted mate least insurance are sorting it  :happy2:

Offline Vish8895

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 10:12:52 pm »
Who is your insurance company? What would you say they were like to deal with?

I'm with E-Car insurance, heard a lot of issues with them but i think thatch from incompetent people who cant read haha! People complaining about things they clearly state several times, like proving NCB and proving you're licensed to drive etc. But as far as the claim process has been concerned, not one complaint! Everyone was really helpful and I've only had to make one phone call the entire time! They transferred me at each interval and everyone was really helpful! The cars now booked in next week for repair, its going to be picked up and swapped for a courtesy car and then swapped back when done! I'm impressed! They even had to source a repair company who would deal with 17 year olds in my area! Very happy!

Thanks
Vish

Offline Vish8895

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 12:36:31 pm »
For anyone interested, it was settled non-fault by the insurers and I kept my NCB.

However, a few days before the 3 year claim period was up, I received a notice that he was taking me to court for personal injury.

I contacted the company I was insured with and they instructed a solicitor who has been putting a defence together, and we are due in Court on June 28th this year... Just what I need.

To add insult to injury, I received and opened the claim/court documents hours before my 21st birthday party... Not exactly how I thought that day would go  :scared:

Offline Sandman

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2017, 01:40:17 pm »
Sounds very much like some scumbag ambulance chaser lawyer has phoned him and convinced him that he is due some compensation.  Is it any wonder that insurance premiums are so high!

Offline Dan_FR

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 01:41:03 pm »
How can he take you to court for personal injury if the accident was declared as being his fault?

That sucks. The last bump I had took 2 1/2 years to be proven as a non-fault - utterly ridiculous how long it takes.....
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Vish8895

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2017, 01:44:17 pm »
Who is your insurance company? What would you say they were like to deal with?

The company who insured me at the time were e-Car, they were excellent to deal with all the way through, right until the end of my policy, where they caused me to rack up nearly £30 of phone bills to get my NCB sent out. They did however re-reimburse me for half of said bill so it wasn't all bad.

Offline DBXdarkangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2017, 04:12:13 pm »
I would deal with outside of insurance.
Will cost no more than £400 repaired privately.
Most people's excesses are £500.
Plus future insurance cost will go up.
Hope it gets sorted.

£500 excess? jesus what insurance company is that?? mines only £100 excess total

Offline Tazocin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2017, 07:00:21 pm »
People go for whatever they can nowadays. I had a very small bump a cpl of years ago, my fault, less than 5 mph, bumper to bumper and no dmg to my car, scuffs to bumper and cracked no.plate to theirs. All ok at the scene but a week or two later I was getting bills for hire cars, garage wanted to do £2000(!!) worth of repairs and she claimed neck/back injuries. My insurance felt they werent playing fair and contested claims and I never heard anything more about it, premium didnt even increase much so ppl just chance a bit of extra cash.

Ironically the same driver nearly hit me a month later but I managed to stand on the brakes and no accident although I was fuming once I realised who it was :D