Make a donation

Author Topic: MK5GolfGTI sudden influx of post views? Bot views?  (Read 119 times)

Offline OllieVRS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 15
MK5GolfGTI sudden influx of post views? Bot views?
« on: Yesterday at 12:52:10 pm »
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but what's up with the sudden influx on views on recent posts? My last post had maybe 100 views, suddenly it's at 3700 with no replies? All other posts are suddenly >3000 views too.

Either this forum got mentioned by a big YouTube channel or someone's up to some funny business with bots.

Any idea @Andy ?
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:53:59 pm by OllieVRS »
'06 Skoda Octavia vRS TFSI

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 675
Re: MK5GolfGTI sudden influx of post views? Bot views?
« Reply #1 on: Today at 03:52:50 pm »
Maybe it's your contributions generating a lot of interest, or the warmth and charm of your personality  :laugh:

I delete the bot posts if I spot them though, and there are many!

Always the same tactics.  Exhuming ancient posts with inane nonsense and a link to some tiger penis medication or some sht like that.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline OllieVRS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:01:54 pm »
Maybe it's your contributions generating a lot of interest, or the warmth and charm of your personality  :laugh:

I delete the bot posts if I spot them though, and there are many!

Always the same tactics.  Exhuming ancient posts with inane nonsense and a link to some tiger penis medication or some sht like that.

That's a good one pudding. I'm flattered  :grin:

The nothing like the warmth and charm of my doom and gloom oil pressure-related posts. Must be oil pump hysteria  :scared: driving this extra forum traffic :laugh:

Would it be difficult or expensive to implement some sort of bot-check thing like cloud flare or recaptcha when logging in? I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject.
'06 Skoda Octavia vRS TFSI

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 675
« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:17:05 pm »
Your oil pump investigations is all great info, and a common issue, so don't sell yourself short  :happy2:

That's one for the forum admin/owner unfortunately mate, but bots are a plague on all forums unfortunately.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D