Make a donation

Author Topic: MFSW - What Functions does is give you?  (Read 1528 times)

Offline akbarirfan

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 81
  • -Receive: 18
MFSW - What Functions does is give you?
« on: November 08, 2013, 10:41:37 am »
Hi Guys,

I am looking into buying a Golf GTi soon and wanted to know what benefits the MSFW adds?

What do the buttons do? Are the only connected to the CD player? If the CD player is replaced for a non OEM one, are the functions now redundant? (looks like there are 8 in total)

The car would be DSG is that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Irfan

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
Re: MFSW - What Functions does is give you?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 10:43:39 am »
you can also toggle between mpg, average mpg, miles till empty etc on the clusters via the mfsw.

Offline SRC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 02:58:42 pm »
Hi

When stationary, I can alter all sorts of settings - brightness of interior lights, welcome/coming home lights-on delay, central locking driver's door only, etc etc.  Many of these are otherwise only accessible through VCDS.  I suspect you need the highline display to get full benefit.

On the move, you obviously get control of your ICE and this will depend on what you've got fitted.  With original VW equipment, you'll have control over mode, volume, track, station etc.   You can also scroll through the trip computer functions (set 1 and 2), as stated in the post above.

I find the MFSW a real boon, especially with a DSG 'box.  You can keep your hands at quarter to three while muting or changing tracks.  I miss it when I have to reach for the little volume button on my wife's Passat.  (Separate rant - why can't they move the volume button across to the right hand side for those of us who drive on the correct side of the road?)

Shadow blue DSG 5 door with leather, sunroof, 18" Monzas, MFSW. 
Full list of mods:  Seat inserts and a VW bottle opener.  Each worth 20bhp.

Offline Rob.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 03:55:12 pm »
I've recently added a MFSW and have a Kenwood head unit...at the moment, it's not a great deal of us other than cycling through the trip computer.

I'm hoping when I fit the stalk adapter I recently bought from here, I'll be able to skip track etc, and possibly even control calls with the bluetooth module I also bought (but who knows!)

I'll probably report back with an update.

Offline akbarirfan

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 81
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 04:30:15 pm »
Thanks for the replies fellas, looks like those 8 buttons are pretty powerful!!

I'll have to add MSFW to my must have spec list.

Thanks