Make a donation

Author Topic: VW Customer Support = crap?  (Read 7466 times)

Ifti

VW Customer Support = crap?
« on: September 23, 2009, 11:26:49 am »
I have had my GTI Edition 30 for over 6 months now.

I have been chasing VW in regards to my plaque for over 6 months now.

Every time I ring I get the same rubbish - "they are sent out in batches, sir".

I finally rang last week with the hump. Told em it had been over 6 months, and that I was originally told 3 months. The guy checked something and said there had been a problem there end, and that he was forwarding the issue to the Team Leader. He stated I should receive the letter within the next few days. Told him I had heard all this rubbish many times before, but he said I had to wait.

Waited a few days - still nothing.

I just rang back again today. Got some lady telling me "they are sent out in batches and you have to wait".
So I informed her I had been waiting over 6 months, and that I wanted to speak to the Team Leader who was apparently dealing with my case. She said I would need to wait for the letter first before they could do anything with the plaque.
I then asked whether that means I wait for the letter, then wait another 3 months for a bloody plaque??

She then put me on hold.
Came back and told me that she had referred the case onto another person, who dealt with the plaques.
I asked if I could speak to that person, and she said I couldnt and that the woman was 'very good at her job' and will get back to me in a week.
Apparently they are going to try to see if they can send me the plaque without waiting for the letter.

I then asked to be put through to complaints, so I could make a formal complaint.

She replied with 'this is complaints, but you cant make a complaint until you have received the plaque'!!!!!!

She then stated that they will definately get back to me in a week.

Just as she was about to go, I had to say - well how are you going to get back to me?!
The woman paused for a second, and I had to tell her to take my number down!!!

I mean come on, seriously, over 6 months for a bloody letter and plaque??
I dont even want the metal thing - just want to know what biuld number I am!!!

The customer support is absolute bullsh!t. Im going to give it a week, and if they dont get back to me I'm gonna ring em and be doubly pissed!

/rant over.

Offline Poppa Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
Re: VW Customer Support = crap?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 11:41:50 am »
Write formally to VW - they take letters of concern more seriously than calls as they go to a dedicated team  :happy2:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 11:58:12 am »
its very very crap, have delt with them a few times and at some points its just impossible!

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 11:59:09 am »
Next time you ring them tell them people have received the plaque without receiveing the letter!  Because I did!

FOR SALE!

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 12:07:36 pm »
Next time you ring them tell them people have received the plaque without receiveing the letter!  Because I did!
Yes, but be wary if you have the vehicle on a private plate you need to get in touch as the VW dealership info will not be up to date.

Ifti

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 12:32:17 pm »
Didnt even think of writing to them TBH.
May try that if they dont get back to me by next week now!

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 01:33:27 pm »
Next time you ring them tell them people have received the plaque without receiveing the letter!  Because I did!
Yes, but be wary if you have the vehicle on a private plate you need to get in touch as the VW dealership info will not be up to date.

Mine's on a private plate but I bought it new and it was registered with the private plate so that's not a problem for me.  Also best to check that VW actually have you listed as the owner of the vehicle if you are the 2nd/3rd owner etc.

Didnt even think of writing to them TBH.
May try that if they dont get back to me by next week now!

Remember to send it recorded delivery so that they can't say they never received it!

FOR SALE!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 02:09:53 pm »
lol all this aggro over a plague. What do they look like?

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 02:43:46 pm »
I had the same BS trying to get a straight answer to the cambelt change issue...3 times, 3 different answers! totally pathetic!

its not the wee donkeys at the end of the phone that are at fault, its management and with it the processes and support and systems that underpin it!  :booty: to them all!

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 03:50:57 pm »
I rang up about the plaque letter I received last week and in the silences whilst he was checking info on his computer I was listening to a very interesting discussion in the background with another CS person talking to someone on the phone about stuff they read on forums!!

FOR SALE!

Offline BenR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 07:29:26 pm »
Mate i have the same problem, i first called in april when i got the car and still nothing!! I have rung 7 times now lol and still no plaque!

Apparently my case has also been referred to the 'Team Leader' and they would ring me back on friday...well here we are on wednesday and still no phone call!!

They are so crap at their job it is unreal...how it takes over 6 months to get a metal plaque sent out astounds me lol...

Ifti

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 11:35:19 am »
Mate i have the same problem, i first called in april when i got the car and still nothing!! I have rung 7 times now lol and still no plaque!

Apparently my case has also been referred to the 'Team Leader' and they would ring me back on friday...well here we are on wednesday and still no phone call!!

They are so crap at their job it is unreal...how it takes over 6 months to get a metal plaque sent out astounds me lol...

Not in a bad way, but glad to see Im not alone!!!
Im going to start calling every week now! lol

Offline cuprak1

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
  • Cupra k1 - 360 bhp/360 ft-lbs
    • London web design
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 01:22:43 pm »
god your everywhere, stop getting involved lol

as for the plaque and vw, defo letter followed up by  a call

SpeedStats iPhone app  - AVAILABLE NOW!
---------------------------------------
View my Cupra k1 project thread here! 360is

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 04:59:33 pm »
god your everywhere, stop getting involved lol

as for the plaque and vw, defo letter followed up by  a call

Bored mate lol.

Ifti

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 02:06:18 pm »
I am STILL waiting for my Plaque.
Its almost a year now.
Apparently my Plaque had been ordered, but has now [conveniently] become 1 of 6 plaques lost in dispatch?!!
I mean seriously, WTF??
I have been told they will be contacting Milton Keynes to find out when and if the plaque has been dispatched. If it has been lost, it will take another 6-8 weeks to re-order another??

Seriously? Is this some kind of fcuking joke??? Its been almost a year now, and I'm fed more and more bulls**t.

Ive even spoken to the manager, who doesnt even bother ringing me back, after numerous messages being left for her to ring back.

This is the worst customer service I have received from any car company. Its a metal plaque for God sake, why does it take a year??

To me now, its not even the plaque. Its a matter of principle to me!! I WILL GET IT!

Has anyone got the address for complaints?? Time to write a really crappy letter I think!