Make a donation

Author Topic: Canon SLR  (Read 4295 times)

Jenks

Canon SLR
« on: February 18, 2014, 02:21:12 pm »
...is there a market for 2nd hand SLR's nowadays, its a 35mm (OMG!) camera as opposed to digital tho!! its a few years old but in exceptioonal nick, I bought it with some big lenses etc but didnt us it much & i'm now looking to get one of the smaller size digital SLR's.

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Canon SLR
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 02:44:38 pm »
There's always a buyers market for these things but you have to find the right kind of place.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Adam_B

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 08:17:27 pm »
Best time of year to sell would be mid to late sept when all the uni courses have just started. The photography one I did a few years ago panicked everyone into buying 'proper cameras'

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 09:44:25 pm »
The lenses will potentially be worth something as they "should" fit on a digital body.

The body will be worth peanuts unless it is something exceptional.

Offline markc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 11:28:38 am »
I think Hedge is correct there, your lenses should fit Canons DSLR's.  Why not get hold of a DSLR Body and use the lenses  :happy2:
Had: Edition 30, 3 Door Manual, Pearl Black, Cruise Control, IPod Prep, Arm Rest, Auto Lights and Wipers

Offline MichaelR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
  • I love Nutella.
    • My Flickr
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 02:55:00 pm »
There's always a buyers market for these things but you have to find the right kind of place.

This.

People still shoot to film these days.
Reflex ED30 #2082
295 bhp / 315 ft·lb

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 10:01:59 am »

This.

....Not me but lots of photographers of all ages shoot film and many even prefer film - It's not just a generational thing. Some shoot both film and DSLR.

The glass quality of the SLR Canon lenses will not have changed and so Hedge's idea of buying a Canon DSLR digital body is a good one depending what sort of photography you want to do. Autofocus is primarily what you won't gain.

If you are after a smaller size DSLR, Canon offer the 100D which is a similar size to a 'bridge' camera. My daughter has one which I have used (I use a 70D with long L lenses) and it's very good indeed in my opinion.

If you have a limited budget and you are happy to join and be active on a good forum such as TalkPhotography you can buy very good condition previously loved gear when you eventually qualify for their Classifieds. Up to you of course, but eBay for camera bodies/lenses is always going to have a higher risk factor in my opinion.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Jenks

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 08:40:27 am »
must admit i hadnt considered that the lenses would fit a digi camera... cheers

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=4vehakp82d4v103lmr9tf3ua2j&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 08:58:03 am »
Which film camera is it?

Offline MichaelR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • I love Nutella.
    • My Flickr
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 09:04:09 am »

This.

....Not me but lots of photographers of all ages shoot film and many even prefer film - It's not just a generational thing. Some shoot both film and DSLR.

The glass quality of the SLR Canon lenses will not have changed and so Hedge's idea of buying a Canon DSLR digital body is a good one depending what sort of photography you want to do. Autofocus is primarily what you won't gain.

If you are after a smaller size DSLR, Canon offer the 100D which is a similar size to a 'bridge' camera. My daughter has one which I have used (I use a 70D with long L lenses) and it's very good indeed in my opinion.

If you have a limited budget and you are happy to join and be active on a good forum such as TalkPhotography you can buy very good condition previously loved gear when you eventually qualify for their Classifieds. Up to you of course, but eBay for camera bodies/lenses is always going to have a higher risk factor in my opinion.

To be honest i was surprised when i found this out when i started to get into photography.

Agreed on talkphotography, great forum!
Reflex ED30 #2082
295 bhp / 315 ft·lb

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 05:11:42 pm »

To be honest i was surprised when i found this out when i started to get into photography.

....What ID do you use on TP?

On TP I am..........   You'll never guess.......  RedRobin!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Jenks

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 05:35:59 pm »
its a Canon EOS 1000F with the built in flash - old school i know!! It came with a 35-80mm & I got a Canon 75-300 lens as the original intention was to take motrsport pics etc

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=4vehakp82d4v103lmr9tf3ua2j&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 06:30:35 pm »
its a Canon EOS 1000F with the built in flash - old school i know!! It came with a 35-80mm & I got a Canon 75-300 lens as the original intention was to take motrsport pics etc

Cool. Those current lenses should work then!  :happy2:

Jenks

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 02:39:21 pm »
top man! I feel a shopping expedition coming on, lol!!

Offline MichaelR

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • I love Nutella.
    • My Flickr
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 07:08:59 am »

....What ID do you use on TP?

On TP I am..........   You'll never guess.......  RedRobin!

I'm Michaelk20 on there, I haven't posted much, more just lurked, read and learned!

My flickr is http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelritchiephotos/ , haven't updated that in a while. I'm waiting for the good weather to come along, i hate the cold lol
Reflex ED30 #2082
295 bhp / 315 ft·lb