Make a donation

Author Topic: Accommodation for the 2nd meet.  (Read 18058 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Accommodation for the 2nd meet.
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 02:43:41 pm »
indeed i do and i wont let the side down, stealthwolf in his ed30 couldnt catch me on the motorway with his stick shift so theres hope for me at the Pod.

:signLOL: :signLOL: Stealth can't even park in his own garage (no offence Stealth  :happy2::wink:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 07:12:28 pm »
indeed i do and i wont let the side down, stealthwolf in his ed30 couldnt catch me on the motorway with his stick shift so theres hope for me at the Pod.

Oi! That was me when I'd barely had the car six weeks. I'm a helluva lot more aggressive and my shifts are faster. Still not learny heel-toeing yet. Plus I was in 6th gear the entire time! Rematch me and I'll downshift to 5th, maybe even 4th! :xmaslaugh:

:signLOL: :signLOL: Stealth can't even park in his own garage (no offence Stealth  :happy2::wink:
Lol actually I can park it in my garage. It was the 'rents garage in Brum I initially had difficulty with. When I came up to the Stafford meet, I'd been at home for about four days and managed to park the car into the garage, without assistance, for a total of five times, without incident!

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 07:29:31 pm »

Oi! That was me when I'd barely had the car six weeks. I'm a helluva lot more aggressive and my shifts are faster. Still not learny heel-toeing yet. Plus I was in 6th gear the entire time! Rematch me and I'll downshift to 5th, maybe even 4th! :xmaslaugh:

Lol actually I can park it in my garage. It was the 'rents garage in Brum I initially had difficulty with. When I came up to the Stafford meet, I'd been at home for about four days and managed to park the car into the garage, without assistance, for a total of five times, without incident!

Well done stealth, I take it all back  :rolleye: :grin: :happy2:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 10:20:37 pm »
it is something I've noticed when driving DSG GTi's, they will gear down to 4th on the motorway when you floor it, which is something you would never do in a manual, unless your Tom of course :evilgrin:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2008, 10:24:03 pm »
it is something I've noticed when driving DSG GTi's, they will gear down to 4th on the motorway when you floor it, which is something you would never do in a manual, unless your Tom of course :evilgrin:
#

Going down to fourth is something I started doing recently. When I first had the car, I didn't downshift to fifth gear. After a while, realised it'd be better to do so and did that. Now I'm beginning to shift down to fourth gear if I really need that extra power.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 04:03:08 pm »
Im coming up on the saturday night and staying in the travel lodge local to the pod. Anyone else gonna do the same?

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 04:54:33 pm »
I am up for it.

Have you booked it yet?

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2008, 04:57:16 pm »
Not yet the travel lodge normally is pay on the day, but you just have to make a reservation 1st. Hurdy and also Redrobin(daughter depending)will also be booking an overnighter there aswell. The more the merry, and a good chance to relax with all before the big day.

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2008, 05:51:15 pm »

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2008, 06:11:06 pm »
Yes mate, that looks good enough for me  :happy2:

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2008, 05:40:05 pm »
I,m in for the Travelbodge experience... Whats the latest to reserve your bunk??

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 05:51:39 pm »
travel lodgers aernt normally fully booked, especially as its in sleepy hollow. i will be booking my bed beginning of january

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 08:32:51 pm »
Just tried to book a room at the Hotel and the price is now up to £50 a room!!!! :surprised:, from £29!!!

Im going tobe driving up now in the morning :sad:, ive looked for other b&b's but all are asking more then Travelodge.

I was under the impression that as long as i booked within 14 days i would still get the cheap rate. :mad:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 08:46:17 pm »
^^^^^ I only booked as I thought you had?  :sad:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2009, 08:55:42 pm »
Im really pissed, ive been tring to book another hotel but cant find anything cheaper then £50!!. The offer was for £29, i was under the impression book a room with a least 7days notice to get that price. Redrobin phoned me tonight to get details, i expect he's tried but i guess he's come up against it aswell!.

Dont know what to do, but dont wanna shell out £50