Make a donation

Author Topic: Audi 2.0TDI BKD Injector Flow Questions  (Read 1350 times)

Offline 08micsta

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
Audi 2.0TDI BKD Injector Flow Questions
« on: March 04, 2014, 10:07:54 am »
Hi Guys

In need of some assistance on a BKD motored 2.0TDI Audi A3.

The car car boosts intermittently and generally doesnt boost at all in first gear - Vehicle is stock.

We have checked:

EGR Valve
Boost Pipes
Vacuum Solenoid Box
Turbo Actuator
VNT System and replaced the turbo

I have researched the hell out of this and simply cannot find any faults on the car which would cause this issue except possibly for faulty injectors.

I ran some logs in VCDS and checked the flow rate which to me appears as though Cylinder 4 is not flowing correctly. Does anyone know what the stock figures should be for flow rate on these cars and if I posted up the logs of the flow rates would you guys be keen to look at them and tell me if the injectors are performing correctly as well as confirm my suspicion that cylinder 4 isnt up to scratch?

It can only be injectors from here on and to have them removed and tested is going to cost a near fortune locally, and new injectors (as the BKD motor tends to warp the old injectors) come in at a quarter of the cars value so I am taking this next move very carefully.

Keen to hear some answers!  :drinking:

Mike
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:09:42 am by 08micsta »
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline doylebros

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
Re: Audi 2.0TDI BKD Injector Flow Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 05:48:03 pm »
I'm surprised there wasn't any VCDS codes?

What torsion values did you get when checking them with VCDS for the timing?

What's the idle speed like and how smooth does it idle?

If one injector is well out of specification compared to the others it could be faulty or it could be a faulty cam lobe.
If all figures are all over the place it suggests worn camshafts.
It is hard to tell if an injector oddity is due to an injector fault or a camshaft fault.
Apparent multiple injector faults are usually worn camshafts.

I know this is very general but there a a few pointers which may help for boost leak checking.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/boost-leak-tester-leaking-turbo-symptoms-how-to-fix/
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:02:59 pm by doylebros »