Make a donation

Author Topic: Tuners in South Yorkshire?!  (Read 6293 times)

Offline t20lau

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Website design Sheffield
    • Email
Tuners in South Yorkshire?!
« on: October 14, 2009, 04:36:46 pm »
So are there any reccomended tuners in the area?!
SEAT Ibiza Sport | Vauxhall Astra VXR | BMW Z4 M-Sport | VW Golf GTi Edition 30 | BMW F30 330D X-Drive

Offline dan.payne

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Tuners in South Yorkshire?!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 01:36:12 pm »
So are there any recommended tuners in the area?!

JBS Auto designs http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/

Straddlers http://www.statller.com/

:happy2:
GTi Edition 30 Phase 2+ :jumping:

Offline t20lau

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 10:33:30 am »
So are there any recommended tuners in the area?!

JBS Auto designs http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/

Straddlers http://www.statller.com/

:happy2:

Nicely...

You tried either?!

Tom
SEAT Ibiza Sport | Vauxhall Astra VXR | BMW Z4 M-Sport | VW Golf GTi Edition 30 | BMW F30 330D X-Drive

Offline dan.payne

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 10:56:52 am »
Ive used JBS for a few years now, cant complain of the service they provide at all. If its a map your after they use Custom Code which I have on my ED30 and is amazing  :laugh:

Im yet to visit Straddlers but Ive heard very good things about them. They use GIAC software which has been proven to be very good also.

They both do full upgrades such as suspension & engine upgrades, exhausts & software etc.
GTi Edition 30 Phase 2+ :jumping:

Offline t20lau

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 11:04:26 am »
Ive used JBS for a few years now, cant complain of the service they provide at all. If its a map your after they use Custom Code which I have on my ED30 and is amazing  :laugh:

Im yet to visit Straddlers but Ive heard very good things about them. They use GIAC software which has been proven to be very good also.

They both do full upgrades such as suspension & engine upgrades, exhausts & software etc.

Thanks for the info matey...

Any chance you could briefly list your mods, which has taken you to Stage 2+?!

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 11:10:36 am »
I've used Statllers and JBS extensively and both are excellent tuners.

JBS have a TFSI Leon as a demo/test car. They develop their own maps and they are very smooth and progressive. Until recently I had Custom Code on my car and it was very smooth, but ultimately didn't give the outright power I craved :laugh:

Statllers have 2 ED30's as demo/test cars - one manual and 1 DSG. GIAC use them for testing their beta maps, so they are very experienced with the K04 limitations. I'm currently running GIAC on my DSG box, which is a must if you have DSG.

In Sheffield Swifts are the registered Superchips/Bluefin dealers and I've used these in the past too. Very well established, but deal in all sorts of motors and not specific to VAG....still decent though.

HTH. :smiley:

Golf R gone.

Offline t20lau

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 11:16:06 am »
I've used Statllers and JBS extensively and both are excellent tuners.

JBS have a TFSI Leon as a demo/test car. They develop their own maps and they are very smooth and progressive. Until recently I had Custom Code on my car and it was very smooth, but ultimately didn't give the outright power I craved :laugh:

Statllers have 2 ED30's as demo/test cars - one manual and 1 DSG. GIAC use them for testing their beta maps, so they are very experienced with the K04 limitations. I'm currently running GIAC on my DSG box, which is a must if you have DSG.

In Sheffield Swifts are the registered Superchips/Bluefin dealers and I've used these in the past too. Very well established, but deal in all sorts of motors and not specific to VAG....still decent though.

HTH. :smiley:

Hey thanks for the info...

I'll more than likely be in touch with Statllers at some point then, as I live / work 10mins aways ;)

The GIAC map you are running at the moment, what hardware are you running it with?!

Offline Blade

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
  • Taking a sabatical from cars
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 11:17:33 am »
I run GIAC also. Steve Jnr at Stattlers knows his stuff - highly recommended.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 11:41:11 am »
My Giac map is only for the DSG box.

The Engine map is Revo stage 2+.

Currently I'm running...

Evoms intake
Autotech HPFP
Forge Twintercooler
Forge DV
Milltek Turbo back exhaust.

Brakes are TAROX 10 pots up front and S3 full rears.

Suspension..

Whiteline anti-lift kit
APR torque arm insert
Autotech lightweight front and rear ARB's
Bilstein B16 PSS10 coilovers

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's.

I've also got VF engine mounts going on and still considering the BSH catch can I've just bought. :smiley:
Golf R gone.

Offline t20lau

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 12:01:40 pm »
My Giac map is only for the DSG box.

The Engine map is Revo stage 2+.

Currently I'm running...

Evoms intake
Autotech HPFP
Forge Twintercooler
Forge DV
Milltek Turbo back exhaust.

Brakes are TAROX 10 pots up front and S3 full rears.

Suspension..

Whiteline anti-lift kit
APR torque arm insert
Autotech lightweight front and rear ARB's
Bilstein B16 PSS10 coilovers

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's.

I've also got VF engine mounts going on and still considering the BSH catch can I've just bought. :smiley:

Hmm...

How much is this GIAC Map for the DSG?! Didnt realise theres was a map for the DSG and a Map for the ECU!

What does the GIAC DSG Map do for the car then?!

Does the HPFP really help then? What is it really used for?! Does it hold any disadvantages over the OEM? Just sounds to me like its going to make the car drink more fuel  :signLOL:

TD ProRace 1.2s? Nice  :notworthy: I'm thinking about getting some...

Offline Blade

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 12:09:30 pm »
Questions questions. i can help with the HPFP one. Basically when tuned the map will be asking for more fuel than your standard o/e pump can deliver - by uprating its output you won,t suffer from any misfires or poor fuelling midrange/top end.

Offline t20lau

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 12:10:23 pm »
Questions questions. i can help with the HPFP one. Basically when tuned the map will be asking for more fuel than your standard o/e pump can deliver - by uprating its output you won,t suffer from any misfires or poor fuelling midrange/top end.

So you want see any difference in Fuel Consumption UNLESS your ragging it about?!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 12:17:33 pm »

So you want see any difference in Fuel Consumption UNLESS your ragging it about?!

Basically yes.

On the trip over to the 'ring two weeks ago, my car did 330miles on a tank whilst driving at 90-120mph!
On the way back in the UK the car did 380 miles on a tank at a steady mph.
At the ring, when I was fully on it a refill to the brim indicated 115miles left to empty from full :surprised: :evilgrin:
Golf R gone.

Offline Blade

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 12:18:41 pm »

Beat me to it Hurdy.As said, i would say it will be exactly the same if your driving normally. My K1 still returns over 30mpg just kicking about town.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 12:24:58 pm »

Hmm...

How much is this GIAC Map for the DSG?! Didnt realise theres was a map for the DSG and a Map for the ECU!

What does the GIAC DSG Map do for the car then?!

The GIAC DSG map increases the redline in sport and manual to 7250rpm from 6400rpm to take advantage of the K04's higher peak power (assuming your engine remap allows more than 7250rpm redline!)
The gearchanges are up to 60% faster. (I've also found them to be smoother)
The rating of the torque handling for the gearbox goes up to 500nm due to increasing the oil pressure which increases the clutch clamping power. Which is a good thing for me as I'm currently spiking at 380lbft (515nm)
The Launch control is altered to allow you to launch up to 3700rpm.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 12:26:42 pm by Hurdy »
Golf R gone.