Make a donation

Author Topic: Tuners in South Yorkshire?!  (Read 6312 times)

Offline t20lau

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Website design Sheffield
    • Email
Re: Tuners in South Yorkshire?!
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 12:27:07 pm »
Questions questions. i can help with the HPFP one. Basically when tuned the map will be asking for more fuel than your standard o/e pump can deliver - by uprating its output you won,t suffer from any misfires or poor fuelling midrange/top end.

So you want see any difference in Fuel Consumption UNLESS your ragging it about?!

Beat me to it Hurdy.As said, i would say it will be exactly the same if your driving normally. My K1 still returns over 30mpg just kicking about town.

Hmm...Will have to look more into this! Sounds like a good purchase!
SEAT Ibiza Sport | Vauxhall Astra VXR | BMW Z4 M-Sport | VW Golf GTi Edition 30 | BMW F30 330D X-Drive

Offline Blade

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
  • Taking a sabatical from cars
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 12:28:30 pm »

Hmm...

How much is this GIAC Map for the DSG?! Didnt realise theres was a map for the DSG and a Map for the ECU!

What does the GIAC DSG Map do for the car then?!

The GIAC DSG map increases the redline in sport and manual to 7250rpm from 6400rpm to take advantage of the K04's higher peak power (assuming your engine remap allows more than 7250rpm redline!)
The gearchanges are up to 60% faster. (I've also found them to be smoother)
The rating of the torque handling for the gearbox goes up to 500nm due to increasing the oil pressure which increases the clutch clamping power. Which is a good thing for me as I'm currently spiking at 380lbft (515nm)
The Launch control is altered to allow you to launch up to 3700rpm.

Very impressive stuff -i wish i had DSG option

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 12:28:48 pm »
You can only really take advantage of the HPFP if you have a stage 2+ remap, for which you will also need an intake and a full exhaust system :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 12:30:16 pm »

Hmm...

How much is this GIAC Map for the DSG?! Didnt realise theres was a map for the DSG and a Map for the ECU!

Blade, it really does transform the car :happy2:

The GIAC DSG map increases the redline in sport and manual to 7250rpm from 6400rpm to take advantage of the K04's higher peak power (assuming your engine remap allows more than 7250rpm redline!)
The rating of the torque handling for the gearbox goes up to 500nm due to increasing the oil pressure which increases the clutch clamping power. Which is a good thing for me as I'm currently spiking at 380lbft (515nm)

Very impressive stuff -i wish i had DSG option
Golf R gone.

Offline t20lau

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 12:33:50 pm »

Hmm...

OMFG...

Sounds like a MUST  :signLOL: Like the fast it increases the RPM limit, but just wondering, if it increases to 7250, why would you require a ecu map to allow for more than that?!

Does this Map cost as much as the ECU map?!
SEAT Ibiza Sport | Vauxhall Astra VXR | BMW Z4 M-Sport | VW Golf GTi Edition 30 | BMW F30 330D X-Drive

Offline t20lau

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2009, 12:34:56 pm »
You can only really take advantage of the HPFP if you have a stage 2+ remap, for which you will also need an intake and a full exhaust system :happy2:

icic...So Basically Stage 2 Cars would have no requirement for the HPFP?!

BTW...THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO MATEY! YOUR HELPING LOADS!!!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2009, 12:51:45 pm »
Stage 2 cars get by with just the zorst and intake, however for the little extra (less than £300) that the HPFP can cost, you'll see a much meatier mid rev range and a stronger top end. Some Stage 2 cars can run lean without the HPFP which (as Blade has said) can lead to a less than smooth ride. The maps a definitively different between stage 2 and stage 2+. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline t20lau

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 12:58:50 pm »
Stage 2 cars get by with just the zorst and intake, however for the little extra (less than £300) that the HPFP can cost, you'll see a much meatier mid rev range and a stronger top end. Some Stage 2 cars can run lean without the HPFP which (as Blade has said) can lead to a less than smooth ride. The maps a definitively different between stage 2 and stage 2+. :happy2:

Does the HPFP not cost about £500-600?!

Also, then you'd have to pay for a remap too...so your talking around the £1k mark surely...

Does the DSG Map cost as much as the ECU map?! Would you recommend this to any stage of car?! As long as the Rev Limiter is moved from 6500 to 7250?!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2009, 01:01:57 pm »

Also, then you'd have to pay for a remap too...so your talking around the £1k mark surely...

Does the DSG Map cost as much as the ECU map?! Would you recommend this to any stage of car?! As long as the Rev Limiter is moved from 6500 to 7250?!

Statllers would fit you the Autotech HPFP  for around £300. Yes, you'll need a map, but most tuners only usually charge about £50 for upgrades from stage 1 -2 - 2+.

You can run the HPFP on stage 2, but you'll not see much benefit from it.
Golf R gone.

Offline t20lau

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2009, 02:02:33 pm »

Statllers would fit you the Autotech HPFP  for around £300. Yes, you'll need a map, but most tuners only usually charge about £50 for upgrades from stage 1 -2 - 2+.

You can run the HPFP on stage 2, but you'll not see much benefit from it.

oooo...I'll have to look into that then ;)

So unless I go with Stage 2+ dont go for the HPFP...Thanks Man, Helps alot, now I know not to waste money on it unless I got for the Stage 2+ Map...

So how about this DSG Map?! Does the DSG Map cost as much as the ECU map?! Would you recommend this to any stage of car?! As long as the Rev Limiter is moved from 6500 to 7250?!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2009, 02:17:08 pm »
The DSG map is worthwhile at any stage....even stock.

You'll not see any benefit from the extended rev range as stock, because the engine rev limiter will be set lower than 7,250rpm anyway, but you will see an advantage in how much smoother the car feels and the extra urge in the gearchanges. If anything I'd have even considered it before the Engine map. The two maps for the engine and DSG are totally separate and so you can have any engine map(APR, CC, REVO, GIAC) with the DSG map.

Again Statllers do this map for under £400.

I'm beginning to sound like a Statllers promotional vid :ashamed:
Golf R gone.

Offline t20lau

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2009, 02:36:08 pm »
The DSG map is worthwhile at any stage....even stock.

You'll not see any benefit from the extended rev range as stock, because the engine rev limiter will be set lower than 7,250rpm anyway, but you will see an advantage in how much smoother the car feels and the extra urge in the gearchanges. If anything I'd have even considered it before the Engine map. The two maps for the engine and DSG are totally separate and so you can have any engine map(APR, CC, REVO, GIAC) with the DSG map.

Again Statllers do this map for under £400.

I'm beginning to sound like a Statllers promotional vid :ashamed:

Dont worry man, I know you work for them really hahaha!

Without revealing too much I'll be in a Stage 2 Edition 30 so looks like I'll be getting my wallet out for this DSG Map too...

My missus is going to :fighting: me