Make a donation

Author Topic: Finally all SORTED! MrACD's 2005 Black Golf GTi 5 Door  (Read 2885 times)

Offline MrACD

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Finally all SORTED! MrACD's 2005 Black Golf GTi 5 Door
« on: June 11, 2015, 11:44:59 pm »
So, finally after a lot of messing about I finally got the car..  Now the Cam Chain and Tensioners have been done it drives a dream and pulls very well..

Quick shakedown - 84k miles, full stamps SH from same dealer and a mountain of invoices.  DSG, Highline, MFSW, 6cd changer in armrest, Cruise, cloth interior.

Got her home and gave her the 2 buckets wash, blade dry down and microfibre finish.  For now until I get all my cleaning stuff (CarChem Tailor 1900:1 shampoo, Poorboys Black Hole and DAS-6 PRO - Sonus and Menzerna Kit) I used the microfibre cloths and demon shine, got to say it comes up well.

Today I did a few things, like removed the knackered alloy middles and replaced with new ones.

Excuse the rusty discs - just washed lol.

Also put on the red GTI badges front and rear..  Not sure they are 100% lined up, I can change that no issue though.

Few more pics.

That's about it for now, the paint is ok, about a 5/6 out of 10.  I am confident that with the DA I can get it looking 95%  :smiley:

So here is a start anyway.

I have plans for the car, but got to say I think I may keep the 17's on, I like the ride.. Plus the dealer put on 4 brand new Avon's, seems a waste!

I have changed both drivers and passenger interior grab handles as they were tore to she ite.  I didn't get pics of before lol...

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:22:34 pm by MrACD »
2005 Gti - 5dr, DSG, Black
2003 Toyota MR2 Roadster, Chilli Red
2005 Honda VFR800 Vtec

Offline MrACD

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Finally all SORTED! MrACD's 2005 Black Golf GTi 5 Door
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 10:29:17 pm »
SO - I have finally (CROSSES FINGERS TIGHT) sorted all the niggles and issues out with the car.  It's cost a little bit of money but it will be well worth it.

Air con Compressor, Cam chain, adjustor and tensioner, Rev G DV, Rev N PCV, NGK 7's plugs, ECS Subframe spacer Kit, New front top mounts and bearings, RCD310 and updated CAN, lots and lots and LOTS of other little bits..

Upshot is it drives lovely now, quiet and pulls hard, no more creaking from the steering and is how I wish it was when I got it.....

ANYWAY -  :fighting:

Up next......

Dent man to get door dings out of drivers door, alloys (18's - not decided on type yet), possible lowering springs, Stage 1 RTech and DSG remap, Xenon (maybe depo).....

Let Moditus bite me hard!  :laugh: :drool:

More photo's to come :)
2005 Honda VFR800 Vtec

Offline Gmaster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 01:38:05 pm »
Nice golf mate , know how you feel I've had mine a month hardly driven it due to like yours new cam chain needed etc.
I'm hoping when all done I can enjoy the car.

Offline MrACD

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 02:19:05 pm »
Nice golf mate , know how you feel I've had mine a month hardly driven it due to like yours new cam chain needed etc.
I'm hoping when all done I can enjoy the car.

Yeah annoying isn't it..  Once it's all done it will be worth it.  This is the longest I've ran it without now without issues *touch wood*  :signLOL:
2005 Honda VFR800 Vtec