Make a donation

Author Topic: ITG Intake vs. OEM Airbox on Revo Stage 2+  (Read 30755 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: ITG Intake vs. OEM Airbox on Revo Stage 2+
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 10:54:57 pm »
Great figures Steve :happy2:

323WHP on a dynojet is well up there.

You need to get it down the Pod again now to see what it equates to :jumping:
Golf R gone.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 10:56:32 pm »
wasnt stating the figures were untrue just i never know a filter could make such a fdiffernce as that.

agree with the ECU readapting back to the original intake. My car when i fitted the ITG was like a bag of sh!te until it  adapted. Want to get mine on the rollers again now........ should i go to AMD Essex tomorrow is the question???

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 11:03:21 pm »
great results Steve , but I cant buy it sorry.
40 bhp from an intake  :surprised:

either you have hit the sweet spot of synergy for your modifications where the sum is greater than the individual parts
OR
the order in which things were done or some other factor has skewed the results, so the gain is not purely intake but intake + optimised pump
(could the HPFP be underperforming in a lower spec scenario ? so rather than the forge running being 40 better , the std run is actually low?)

in any case its a great result , the air intake clearly works VERY well , and your car must FLY ........... :pomppomp:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 11:10:34 pm »
im going to go upto AMD tomorrow I thinkHopefully they will be able to fit me in. Last time i went it was with the code red intake and a newly installed stage2+ map with no time for adaption.

It should now have adapted fully, plus ive fitted the PCV fix(I think the old one was gone) and now the ITG intake. Ill post the results up when im back

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 11:14:03 pm »
i do wonder actually would the normal stage 2 file have got more with the OEM intake vs S2+ file.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2009, 08:07:51 am »
great results Steve , but I cant buy it sorry.
40 bhp from an intake  :surprised:

either you have hit the sweet spot of synergy for your modifications where the sum is greater than the individual parts
OR
the order in which things were done or some other factor has skewed the results, so the gain is not purely intake but intake + optimised pump
(could the HPFP be underperforming in a lower spec scenario ? so rather than the forge running being 40 better , the std run is actually low?)

in any case its a great result , the air intake clearly works VERY well , and your car must FLY ........... :pomppomp:

I am not for one minute saying the ITG will give you 40bhp, which is why I worded my original post very carefully.  :wink:

IMHO it is because of, as you call it, "the sweet spot of synergy" for my mods.

The car was run up on the dyno for a good 15mins before and had 4 runs with OEM airbox, and the results where within 2-3bhp. So it wasn't completely unadapted to the OEM airbox nor was this just a one off run with very low figures.

Also remember it had the original paper filter (that had covered about 5k miles) and not a high flow panel.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 10:13:36 am by SteveP »

Offline CarrG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2009, 10:12:33 am »
Some great figures. Making me think to swap my Dbilas but ouch the cost!
K1 Revo 2+
Ibis RS3
VW California 180 DSG "Candy"!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2009, 10:41:47 am »
Ive been on AMD techniks rollers this morning and the difference is still ncouraging. Once I figure out how to use my new scanner, ill upload the Dyno graphs.

Offline CocoPops

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 11
    • Kennet Heath
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2009, 10:45:32 am »
Wow  :congrats:

I think I need to get my pump sorted!  :party:

Group Buy Nath?  :grin:
Used to Own: 2008 GTI Ed30 | ITG Intake | Miltek TBE System | Bluefin Stage 2 | 327bhp
On Order: 2017 Golf GTI Performance Pack 5dr DSG
Also own: 2016 Lotus Evora 400

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2009, 10:47:19 am »

....Like john_o, I think it's much more about the 'sweet spot of synergy' between ALL of Steve's mods. There's a real danger of relatively expensive disappointment in simply strapping on an ITG and expecting mega bhp gains.

As Steve has alluded to (if I've understood correctly), an aftermarket fuel pump, intercooler, and Revo code/settings are all major contributing factors.

Steve's car is now a very fine example of what can be gained by carefully selecting and balancing a whole package of mods.

What we now need is a similar exercise applied to a K03 GTI and also evidence of how the ITG performs on a car with lesser mods such as oem intercooler and fuel pump.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2009, 10:51:59 am »
Im just trying to upload my map now, scanners giving mee Jip. I have the results from when I had the code red intake on, and what I have now.

I do not however have the intercooler though, but i do have the smaller willy...i mean turbo

Offline CocoPops

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 11
    • Kennet Heath
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2009, 10:56:29 am »
I need to get down to JKM then I guess RR.

I'm running ITG/Bluefin St2/Full Non Res Milltek. Would be interested to see what I get.
Used to Own: 2008 GTI Ed30 | ITG Intake | Miltek TBE System | Bluefin Stage 2 | 327bhp
On Order: 2017 Golf GTI Performance Pack 5dr DSG
Also own: 2016 Lotus Evora 400

Offline CarrG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2009, 11:01:23 am »

....Like john_o, I think it's much more about the 'sweet spot of synergy' between ALL of Steve's mods. There's a real danger of relatively expensive disappointment in simply strapping on an ITG and expecting mega bhp gains.

As Steve has alluded to (if I've understood correctly), an aftermarket fuel pump, intercooler, and Revo code/settings are all major contributing factors.

Steve's car is now a very fine example of what can be gained by carefully selecting and balancing a whole package of mods.

What we now need is a similar exercise applied to a K03 GTI and also evidence of how the ITG performs on a car with lesser mods such as oem intercooler and fuel pump.

Yes i have had all the supporting mods for quite some time. I don't expect to bolt on the ITG and gain 40hp! Would just be curious to see the difference between DB and ITG.
K1 Revo 2+
Ibis RS3
VW California 180 DSG "Candy"!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2009, 11:09:52 am »

I need to get down to JKM then I guess RR.

I'm running ITG/Bluefin St2/Full Non Res Milltek. Would be interested to see what I get.

....Yours would make an excellent comparison and provide further assessment of the ITG.

Isn't there also another Dyno-Dynamics meet coming up soon? Surrey, organised by Oil? Although JKM are best because they already have so many previous logs and data and are never over optimistic.

Assuming an Ed30 already has a Stage2, you're looking at needing to budget around £1,400 for HPFP (APR), intercooler, and ITG.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2009, 11:15:48 am »

Yes i have had all the supporting mods for quite some time. I don't expect to bolt on the ITG and gain 40hp! Would just be curious to see the difference between DB and ITG.

....Sorry but I'm not so intimately knowledgable of your mods. My response to your post was also addressed to a wider audience.

Indeed, a DB vs ITG comparison would be interesting.

:happy2: