Make a donation

Author Topic: Stage 2+ fantastic service!  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Orc

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 25
    • Email
Stage 2+ fantastic service!
« on: June 13, 2014, 07:04:37 pm »
So guys bit of a story here after a twitching bum today with the fantastic guys at r tech.
So I turn up for a stage2+ stage2 dsg this morning with the car only having stage 1 already and me always thinking it wasn't right but never dynoed it. Ran a few 1/4 times @ 13.0 flat so thought it did go well but it surged and was all over the place.
So niki ran it up for a power run to start with and we get 334hp with 370ftlb now if you mention those figures as a stage 1 edition 30 remap you would think its crazy and unreal but I have the graphs, the worrying thing from this bluefin superchips stage 1 was the fact the power was spiking @ just over 3 bar boost!! In the words of Niki how I had never blown the turbo up or threw a rod was beyond anyone.
So with that in mind I was loosing about 60hp roughly instantly after the spike so I was devastated people can sell this crap to customers by just hand held base flash maps it's so worrying and a good job the car is hardly used, they need to seriously look at there software protocols there using.
Anyway onto the custom mapping, so after a while niki flashes his software onto my car and guess what now the immo cuts the car so the dreaded is faced me thinking I'll be getting it towed home and a new ecu! To be honest guys my behind was twitching like a kid on crack.
So the fantastic skilled guys at r tech whipped my ecu out and had it apart for a bit of bench work, after a while and much sunburn and worry I hear it running again and not cutting after 3 seconds so was so pleased. So after all this Niki can now work his magic on the mapping and dsg, sounds immense on the rollers and couldn't help but give a little school boy smirk as I can tell it's running 100 times better.
After a few hours work we get a brilliant linear map out of her without compromising either hp or torque, end result 360hp and 386 ftlb, but it holds until the revs out and with a lot less boost in safe parameters.
To put it bluntly being a tech I should of really done what was advised but my local vw dealer wouldn't do it, however the lesson of the day is if you don't know your map from a previous owner get it flashed to factory as trust me the blood through my veins were sweating today!
I can't thank the team at r tech enough as you guys have really helped me out and created a drivable usable monster in the road now, so guys lesson learned and these guys get the big thumbs up from me for all there help and great too meet you lot!

Regards.

Offline martziniuk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: Stage 2+ fantastic service!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 09:25:40 pm »
Very very nice  :happy2:
Mk2 Octavia vRS with K04 conversion, 3"TBE & Decat, APR HPFP, BDM Intake, S3 I/C, Sachs clutch & Unicorn custom map, S3 brakes, AP coilovers, THS mounts.

B8.5 Audi S4 with uprated pulley and unicorn Stage 2

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 10:31:16 pm »
Another happy customer.

It seems that SaintSteve wasn't the only bluefin tuned edition 30 which had this horrible boost spike early on. Superchips write their maps to fling open the actuator and dump a load of boost low down, there isn't really any boost control in that map  :scared:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,65077.0.html

Comparing the two graphs above the 2nd map has so much more midrange  and much smoother delivery :happy2:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 10:33:36 pm by GrayMK5GTI »
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Orc

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 25
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 03:28:26 pm »
Drivability is completely different and it is amazing the work they have done. Superchips are a nightmare and wouldn't recommend them anywhere