Make a donation

Author Topic: Vw have had me over  (Read 8084 times)

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Vw have had me over
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2014, 12:47:47 pm »
So one vw dealer says its knackered, another says nothing wrong........you seem to be the ball being batted about in this one   :rolleye:
I don't think they would lie to you, its just one technicians opinion over when something needs a £1500 replacement, and one that doesn't.
Could you get the AA or someone to look at it for an independant opinion?
Hope you come through this with some love still left for the car.....
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder

Offline MateyGuv

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 67
  • Instagram & YouTube - mateyguv
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69555.0.html
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2014, 07:27:37 pm »
Little update, vw have no records that my car was rapaired by an approved vw bodyshop and that it must have been rapaired through the previous owners insurence.

Im I right in saying that vw couldn't sell a car as an approved used if the car wasent rapaired by an approved vw bodyshop ?

There also saying that they can't find nothing wrong with the car, but they have had it since Monday and I'm only just getting it back today, I have a slight suspicion that they might have realised the car was wrongly sold to me replaced the steering rack on the sly and tell me thers nothing wrong with it, so I'm going to have a look to see if anything has been replaced .

Thanks

Jake

This could get a little tricky I'm afraid. I assume you have HPI'd the car and it's clear? If so when the car went through its approval check the tech checking it over would have been satisfied the car met VW quality standards. I would be a little dubious that the car was not repaired by a vw approved Bodyshop as this could have implications should a claim be made under the anti perforation warranty. Like I mentioned before manufacturers will find anything not to pay the dealers for warranty work. The supplying dealer blatantly knew about the damage so I would have hoped the checks were more focused on any areas effected by the repairs.
I would highly doubt that they have replaced the steering rack on the sly as it is a costly item. Had they replaced it they would make you more than aware they have done it as "a token of goodwill" basically they are being nice but accepting no responsibility.
If the car comes back and it's sorted I would keep it as the Ed35 is a great car and rare too. If it's clear on HPI that is! I would get some kind of conformation from the supplying dealer that the anti perforation warranty is not effected though

Offline Mk5jake

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2014, 09:33:51 pm »
I revived the car back this afternoon I was happy to see her again :) drove it home from work falling in love once more, I arrive at my house go to park up and GUESS WHAT ! It's F**king creaking and clicking just as bad if not worse than before !
What the hell is going on here 2 garages and a week and abit later and the car comes back the same ! The dealer is going to get the biggest grilling, this is a joke, and the sevice manager at Coventry said he had test drove the car for 40 mins and herd the noise twice and they said nothing looked wrong so it dident warrent rapair

Really had enough of this now, I just seem to be going round in circles :(

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2014, 09:17:48 am »
Saw my first Ed35 up close last week, looked fantastic, didn't know they were rare...
You may just have to live with this until the rack gets closer to failing...crap I know....how long does your maintenance warranty last?
Make sure they record that you are not happy to accept the car in this condition, and are only using it under duress, and reserve the right to return the vehicle as soon as it gets any worse   :driver:...maybe
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder

Offline Duke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2014, 11:48:14 am »
Probably best to speak to VW UK about it now? I would be returning the car for a full refund as it isn't as described.

Also not sure about the fuss about having it driven by other people. We all don't want our cars driven by someone we don't know, but I'm sure they get to drive cars much quicker than just a GTI.

Offline Mk5jake

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2014, 04:05:12 pm »
I also requested that my oil be toped up By vw as it had dropped below max (still well above minimum) and upon checking the car today the oil is overfilled by about 1cm, am I at risk of damaging the car by driving it ?

Thanks

Offline Mk5jake

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2014, 04:22:34 pm »
No happy about vw overfilling the car with oil, this Is basic stuff that I wouldent even expect from a back street garage !

I wonder if any of you nice people out there could tell me how I can get a video from my phone onto this thread and maby some of you lot may be able to identify my problem ?

Thanks

Jake

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2014, 09:13:24 pm »
No happy about vw overfilling the car with oil, this Is basic stuff that I wouldent even expect from a back street garage !

I wonder if any of you nice people out there could tell me how I can get a video from my phone onto this thread and maby some of you lot may be able to identify my problem ?

Thanks

Jake

Upload it to YouTube, give us the link :)

Offline Mk5jake

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2014, 11:14:51 am »
Right here's a link to the video of the problem I'm having,

Thanks

Jake

Offline Llew

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2014, 11:21:16 am »
I got a headache listening to that
Golf 2006 tdi 140pd, dsg paddles,blue interior led lights,r32 rear bumper, cruise control,vcds,highline , r32 mfsw steering wheel, gti front bumper,miltek decat.

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2014, 11:23:57 am »
I would say there is a noise , but what causes the noise , is it the same steering rack as an ED30 as mine made that noise , but i never moved it while stationary either , it made it sometimes when getting near to full lock . Moving the steering when a car is stationary is not good for it either . The noise is in the cabin too so perhaps something around the steering column rather than the rack is the problem , its sounds like a dried out joint,coupling or similar . I would say it is to do with the column rather than the rack . Perhaps not the answer you were looking for .
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 11:25:31 am by garrardrj »
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Mk5jake

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2014, 12:24:09 pm »
I haven't got a clue where it's coming from but all I know is this is the problem I went into vw with in the first place and after a week and a half at the garage it comes back with the same fault ? Surely it's not acceptable for a 2 year old car to be making these noises when only light steering is applied.

Thanks again everyone

Jake

Offline Gazza747

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2014, 09:22:36 am »
In my opinion when the dealer told you about the damage before you bought the car, that should have put you off. It seams a bit strange a main dealer admitting to a damaged repaired car.
I think now you are realising that it may have been an error buying the car in the first place and when issues like this come up you are looking for a way out. I would have a think about what you ultimately want out of this situation. If you want rid of the car, I would suggest you have a reasonable case. You would need to discuss your intentions withe the dealer and VW. I think you have a reasonable case with the fact that it was sold as damaged repaired from a main dealer, the fact that it has not been fixed and the fact that you have lost confidence in the car.
Like I said it's up to you what you want to do, but at the least you should be able to get the car fixed and if you then want to change the car you have the option of getting something else.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
2013 Golf mk7 1.4 tsi SE DSG
2011 Golf mk6 2.0 tdi Match manual (sold)
2007 Golf mk5 GTi manual (sold)

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 71
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2014, 05:06:14 pm »
It could be the subframe bolts. ECS do subframe spacers which stops the movement in the sub frame. Awesome gti sell the kits and they cost very little to purchase.

http://www.awesomegti.com/brand/ecs-tuning/tuning/ecs-subframe-spacer-plates-kit-mk5-mk6
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 05:10:19 pm by 56OctyVRS »
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline Viking

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2014, 05:31:52 pm »
It could be the subframe bolts. ECS do subframe spacers which stops the movement in the sub frame. Awesome gti sell the kits and they cost very little to purchase.

http://www.awesomegti.com/brand/ecs-tuning/tuning/ecs-subframe-spacer-plates-kit-mk5-mk6

I volunteered that in a post on the first page, but it appeared to be ignored...  :innocent:
Sarcasm for free. Anything after that can only be considered as a bonus.

Just because you think you know something, doesn't make you an expert if you've just read it on the internet, y'know.