Make a donation

Author Topic: Faz's Black GTI SOLD - Now a Shadow Blue GTI! Stage 1 complete  (Read 14621 times)

Offline fazi123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
Re: Faz's Black GTI SOLD - Now a Shadow Blue GTI! Post 9 onwards...
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2016, 08:32:39 pm »
So just to leave you with how my engine bay looked while I had the ITG with large filter on the car

I should hopefully have my new intake next week and will hopefully give the bay some much needed elbow grease cos it's filthy at the moment!

Offline fazi123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Faz's Black GTI SOLD - Now a Shadow Blue GTI! Stage 1 complete
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2016, 11:35:54 am »
So I purchased some S3 brakes recently to improve my stopping power after my remap!

Obviously I couldn't have them looking the way they were so I had given them to a cousin who loves all these jobs!

Some progress shots

Roughed up ready to paint:

first coat complete:

Some more general photos during the paint session:

Oh and here's how we've decided to do the retaining clips:

Oh and heres the EBC Slotted discs that are going to go behind the wheels:

Now its just about having to wait for the braided lines to arrive from AKS  :happy2:

Offline Washout

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2016, 09:23:34 pm »
Which braided lines you ordered dude need to get some for my s3 setup.

Offline fazi123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2016, 10:42:40 pm »
Which braided lines you ordered dude need to get some for my s3 setup.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hel-car-Brake-Line-Kits-VW-Golf-MK5-3-2-R32-4-Motion-/370535394812

These ones should do the trick mate. I've not yet received mine so I can't give you an exact part number - Sorry!. They are HEL ones though.
I should get them some point this week so I'll update the thread with the details as and when I do  :happy2:

Offline smyffalis

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Faz's Black Beauty SOLD - Now a Shadow Blue DSG!
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2016, 11:19:53 am »
Hello Guys!

I had a mk5 a few years ago (as you may have noticed! lol). I moved into an ST after the GTI as I figured I'll try one of them out. I then moved into an Audi A3 TDI Sline (was for sale on here) but I couldn't get on with a diesel. So the hunt for another GTI began and here I am back to where my first venture into a performance hatch started - the MK5 GTI!

So the new (to me) is an 06 Shadow Blue GTI. It has a pretty high spec from standard and I'm glad I held out for this one in the end.

Spec is as follows :
Bi-xenon headlights
Electric sunroof
Heated folding mirrors
18" Diamond cut monzas
Cloth interior
Cruise control
Auto dimming rear view mirror
MFSW
Electric drivers seat
Rear parking sensors

I've owned the car for just over a month and in that time I figured I'd get a few things done.
1. Full Service (it didn't need it, but I like to do one whenever I get a new motor) including all fluids (brake etc)
2. New Cam follower (the old one didn't look half as bad as I was expecting)
3. Timing belt + water pump service
4. DSG Service - VW also noticed the coil packs hadn't been replaced so did them for free too!
5. New main thermostat (it wasn't holding the temp at 90)

Anyway heres a pic (from the advert) - Will take LOADS more when the weather improves (And I can be bothered to wash it!)

Hope you like it!

Love the colour mate. Can't wait to see a few pics of it. Good idea upgrading the brakes you done a good job with them. I had a set of R32 front brakes on my old 2.0 TSI Scirocco. They certainly make the difference. Must look into getting an upgrade on them next... I'll post a few pics of my ed35 soon especially when I get your ITG fitted

Online RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2016, 11:59:44 am »
Going IN with this project!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Offline fazi123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Faz's Black Beauty SOLD - Now a Shadow Blue DSG!
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2016, 02:43:27 pm »
Hello Guys!

I had a mk5 a few years ago (as you may have noticed! lol). I moved into an ST after the GTI as I figured I'll try one of them out. I then moved into an Audi A3 TDI Sline (was for sale on here) but I couldn't get on with a diesel. So the hunt for another GTI began and here I am back to where my first venture into a performance hatch started - the MK5 GTI!

So the new (to me) is an 06 Shadow Blue GTI. It has a pretty high spec from standard and I'm glad I held out for this one in the end.

Spec is as follows :
Bi-xenon headlights
Electric sunroof
Heated folding mirrors
18" Diamond cut monzas
Cloth interior
Cruise control
Auto dimming rear view mirror
MFSW
Electric drivers seat
Rear parking sensors

I've owned the car for just over a month and in that time I figured I'd get a few things done.
1. Full Service (it didn't need it, but I like to do one whenever I get a new motor) including all fluids (brake etc)
2. New Cam follower (the old one didn't look half as bad as I was expecting)
3. Timing belt + water pump service
4. DSG Service - VW also noticed the coil packs hadn't been replaced so did them for free too!
5. New main thermostat (it wasn't holding the temp at 90)

Anyway heres a pic (from the advert) - Will take LOADS more when the weather improves (And I can be bothered to wash it!)

Hope you like it!

Love the colour mate. Can't wait to see a few pics of it. Good idea upgrading the brakes you done a good job with them. I had a set of R32 front brakes on my old 2.0 TSI Scirocco. They certainly make the difference. Must look into getting an upgrade on them next... I'll post a few pics of my ed35 soon especially when I get your ITG fitted

Cheers mate! I'm gonna give it a wash sometime soon and then I'll probably take some fresh snaps! The brakes are what I hear a worthwhile upgrade - so should hopefully give me the additional stopping power for coping with the remap!

You should have got the ITG today :P get it on!!

Offline fazi123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2016, 02:44:46 pm »
Going IN with this project!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Cheers Raz!

Though I'm going to slow down once this lot are on! Need to sort the house out though I do hope to get a set of coilovers on pretty soon too!

Offline fazi123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2016, 09:17:17 pm »
So I got my delivery today!  :smiley:

And here it is installed  :laugh:

Oh and these arrived too! Finally!

So thats everything I need for the brake upgrade to get done. I'll probably get these installed in a few weeks and will update then!

Thanks,
Faz

Offline smyffalis

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2016, 03:49:53 am »
Get some videos up of the sound. I absolutely love the ITG!

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2016, 10:07:16 am »
@fazi123 I had a revo on mine but found it too loud - how you finding it compared to the ITG?

Offline fazi123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2016, 01:01:19 pm »
Get some videos up of the sound. I absolutely love the ITG!

I still need to take it for a proper drive! I'll be sure to get a video or 2 up  :happy2:

Offline fazi123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2016, 01:03:20 pm »
@fazi123 I had a revo on mine but found it too loud - how you finding it compared to the ITG?

Hey dude! I find the Revo quieter, but then again as @smyffalis would agree my ITG was REALLY loud with the bigger filter etc. From the small drive to check everything was working ok, it felt / sounded a lot better for my tastes.

Offline cicco

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2016, 03:38:27 pm »
Nice looking shadow blue mate and some good mods,  with decent power from r tech,  mine was mapped there too.

Offline fazi123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2017, 06:32:53 pm »
22/02/2017

So I've been pretty quiet on the forum with regards to my car over the past few months. A few things have changed in that time.

The car passed it's MOT without a single advisory in January - Which surprised me considering it's about 11 years old now!

I then changed the oil with Quantum Platinum 5w40 (R-tech reccomend either Millers or the Quantum). Having had the Millers running in it previously I can't say I've noticed any difference in terms of performance or noise so happy days!I also changed the oil filter and the pollen filter - just to keep the air inside clean.

AP Coilovers were installed - I figured this'd give me some adjustment as I wasn't exactly sure how much I wanted to lower or even if I wanted to lower it at all. I didn't go for my initial preference of the Koni's fully adjustable as I decided I was never going to track my car so really didn't need the adjustment they offered.
I had them wound right down to the bottom for a short while before I decided I had enough of the scrapes and going REAL slow everywhere. I soon changed their height back to a more useable height where it is sat for now - much better and am able to actually use the car as a GTI again! :)

I also had the Powerflex ALK (Anti-lift kit) installed along with the engine mount and dogbone insert bush. This really has improved the handling and for the relativley little cost they have really bought the car to life!

I've also gone and had all 4 tyres replaced as they were all budget / ebay specials from when I had purchased them. I ended up going with Rainsport 3's after reading some reviews on various forums. I previously had Goodyear Eagle F1's on my previous GTI and if i'm completely honest - I can't say they are worth almost 2x the cost of the Rainsports - or maybe I just don't drive "hard" enough.

Today I just spent the past few hours replacing the front disc's and pads as I was beginning to get a bit of juddering which coincided with my brake pad warning light coming on.
I ended up getting 340mm TTS discs along with Brembo pads - From my initial drive since having fitted them they're pretty good and I haven't noticed any real difference in braking performance even though they are a little smaller.

I was hoping to replace the rear brake discs and pads too, but unfortunately I can't seem to get enough leverage on my drive to remove the caliper carrier (m14) bolts so I may have to give it to the garage in the coming week to get them done.

I've also wrapped my entire center console with a Carbon fibre look wrap - I think it really has freshened up the inside as it was beginning to look a little drab - or maybe it's just because it's been about 4 months since it's last wash  :ashamed:

I'm sure I've missed some little bits and bobs that I've probably done.

I'll have to give it a wash at some point over the coming week and will upload some pics afterwords!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 06:38:12 pm by fazi123 »