Make a donation

Author Topic: monza valves  (Read 1700 times)

Offline markos

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
monza valves
« on: August 31, 2014, 10:13:44 pm »
Anyone else have problems with the valves on 18" monzas? Can't seem to inflate the barstewardss at petrol stations using their pump... I have to go to a garage with a different pump attachment and use theirs. I've got low tyre pressure warning so guessing the valves have some sort of sensor in them and pricey. Anyone know what valves I could swap them for so I can inflate them at the petrol station? Not sure if they're normal diameter either?!

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=4t226qngg97gdrbcis4emj7jf8&/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
Re: monza valves
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 10:32:07 pm »
I think the pressure sensor works by monitoring the rotational circumference of the tyres using the ABS sensors. I put new tyres on the other day about 10 miles later the warning came up. Went to the petrol station and checked all the tyres some had to much are in. Once i got the correct pressure i pressed the button to set the tyre pressure again.

Supposedly some monzas need metal valves but any pump should work on them.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=72725.0

05 | Tornado Red | DSG

Offline markos

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 10:00:15 am »
Ok, so i really need to find out what sort of monzas i have then, BBS or other. And apparently there are 2 types of BBS monzas too!

Any ideas how to tell what I have?

Yeah, not sure why the normal petrol station pumps don't work... it's as if the valves aren't long enough?!

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=4t226qngg97gdrbcis4emj7jf8&/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 10:49:04 am »
You can remove the wheel and look at the code number. But i would try a different petrol station maybe their pump is sh*t.

05 | Tornado Red | DSG

Offline cashmang

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 01:47:16 pm »
I had my wheels refurbished a few weeks back and the bloke doing the work for me said that the monza wheels use a different type of valve to normal car tires, it's more of a motor bike valve.

He then told me later that I have different valves on the front and back....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline markos

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 08:58:52 am »
You can remove the wheel and look at the code number. But i would try a different petrol station maybe their pump is sh*t.

so i tried my 4 local petrol stations last night and only 1 worked... tescos! which is pretty good to be honest as i use momentum. bit weird though as to why the others don't work, it's as if the valve isn't long enough for other air hoses. also noticed some valves are longer/shorter than others so i also have a mixed set!

thanks for your answers  :happy2:

Offline cashmang

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 01:08:02 pm »

so i tried my 4 local petrol stations last night and only 1 worked... tescos! which is pretty good to be honest as i use momentum. bit weird though as to why the others don't work, it's as if the valve isn't long enough for other air hoses. also noticed some valves are longer/shorter than others so i also have a mixed set!

thanks for your answers  :happy2:

Don't worry I have a mixed set too