All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

Dans grey MK5 GTI. Prepping for VagTuner

<< < (72/198) > >>

Andy:
Are them brakes on

AJG09:
Tell us  :rolleye:

dansmith180:
Car is back

332bhp and 320lb/f

Best run was 340bhp (capable of about 345ish with tweeks he said) and 353 lb/f (capable of about 370ish with said tweeks)

What it's running now should be safe on all the parts and also a bit easier to put the power down. Was a bit dissapointed with the torque when he said the numbers but after looking at the boost plots and graphs you have to spike it fairly high and start to push the turbo and engine to their limit to reach the big numbers and I really don't fancy a rebuild anytime too soon  :rolleye:.

On the road I've done about 150 miles now 50/50 motorway and back roads. Its fantastic at both, overtaking in 6th on the motorway is easy as can be and when you play in 3rd and 4th on twisty roads and especially inclines its fabulous. The turbo hits hard low down and keeps pulling strong all the way to the top.

This was the map where with tweeks could have made big numbers and sorted the drop off at the end.


This was the best run on the current map


All I can say is that if you're number chasing and want balls out performance go K04. However if you're after a good balance and a B road beast hybrid K03 has to be considered.

dansmith180:
Sorry boys didn't mean to tease, I did make a long post but all that worked was 'car is back' I think its because there was an unknown emoji after it.

dansmith180:

--- Quote from: maxitrol on December 05, 2015, 06:58:30 pm ---Are them brakes on

--- End quote ---

Not yet mate as they're being painted red ATM since they only come in black from Forge, will probably go on in a few weeks with the rear anti roll bar and rear brake upgrades I have planned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version