All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

Dans grey MK5 GTI. Prepping for VagTuner

<< < (73/198) > >>

M9xxr:
Got to be happy with that mate! thats some good figures and i bet it pulls really well! least if you decide to want more your just a ko4 and a bwa inlet cam off 370-380  :happy2:

AJG09:
Good stuff, looks like a good result  :happy2:

AJP:
Nice result that. And quite wise to keep the torque down if you feel it's quick enough.

Does the turbo feel substantially different to a normal k03 then?

Would you go k04 if you were going to do it all again, or does the hybrid give enough extra mid-top end to make the hybrid comparible to a k04 swap? (Obviously the numbers say so, but subjective seat-of-the-pants opinion doesn't hurt!)

dansmith180:

--- Quote from: AJP on December 06, 2015, 03:08:05 pm ---Nice result that. And quite wise to keep the torque down if you feel it's quick enough.

Does the turbo feel substantially different to a normal k03 then?

Would you go k04 if you were going to do it all again, or does the hybrid give enough extra mid-top end to make the hybrid comparible to a k04 swap? (Obviously the numbers say so, but subjective seat-of-the-pants opinion doesn't hurt!)

--- End quote ---

Yeah sooo much more than the standard K03, obviously I wasn't running it with the same mods I am now but as far as I know the normal K03 peaks at 19psi and holds 11psi. Looking at my boost gauge it peaks at 27psi and holds 17psi running well within its limits. Its honestly like being hit in the back when it comes on  :driver:

If I started again I might consider full CDL conversion however if you could do what I have done cheaper. You could stretch the fuel pump and injectors maybe and not spend so much on other bits.

Overall its a well rounded car, could do with a diff and ALK but is manageable as it is. A handful at times but puts a big stupid smile on my face which is all I want from a car  :wink:

AJP:
I'm sold on the 'being hit in the back' bit!

Think I'll definitely look at a hybrid in the future, just seems to make sense on standard axx/bwa internals.

Enjoy it mate!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version