Make a donation

Author Topic: Dans grey MK5 GTI. Prepping for VagTuner  (Read 275108 times)

dansmith180

Re: Dans grey MK5 GTI BWJ converted - back from R-tech, wow.
« Reply #825 on: August 13, 2016, 09:55:59 am »
Dude just a quick question, when you bought those China discharge pipes did you get stung with any charges?

Oh yeah Alex messaged me like a month later and said he got a bill for £18 or something from DHL for them. Bit annoying but still way cheaper than alternatives

dansmith180

« Reply #826 on: August 13, 2016, 10:00:58 am »
So took her for a good drive last night on roads I know and just wow it's a weapon. Will do a more complete review/ comparison and try to get some exhaust and acceleration videos up on Sunday evening.

Also great news I filled up and all the petrol stayed in  :jumpmove:  :jumpmove:. I did do something on Alex's recommendation so that may have been the cure or maybe I was just a twat on Thursday night. Either way it's all good now. That's £100 already done at Shell in 27 hours   :laugh:

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #827 on: August 13, 2016, 10:45:27 am »
Awesome! I'm really happy for your new weapon! :drinking:

Offline Scoobykiller

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #828 on: August 13, 2016, 11:54:47 am »
Love this beast very similar to mine

dansmith180

« Reply #829 on: August 13, 2016, 09:56:44 pm »
Love this beast very similar to mine

Awesome! I'm really happy for your new weapon! :drinking:

Cheers boys  :love:

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #830 on: August 14, 2016, 04:40:22 pm »
So took her for a good drive last night on roads I know and just wow it's a weapon....
Also great news I filled up and all the petrol stayed in

Chuffed for you on both counts mate :smiley: :happy2: :driver:

dansmith180

Re: Dans grey MK5 GTI BWJ converted, R-tech powered.
« Reply #831 on: September 11, 2016, 09:48:19 pm »
Finally got a bit of an update. Was annoyed with it for a bit because of the stupid rattle and then busy with other stuff.

First off I finally have some video of the exhaust

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKOgmrDjbzH/

Also fitted a GFB DV+ which I absolutely love, makes a nice little chirp when giving it some and I find it definitely makes the car respond quicker. Feels better around town and lower speed motorway cruising. Highly recommend it to anybody.

Took it to EMP who were very helpful and it's 100% not the exhaust making the rattling noises, sounded like it was coming from the gearbox and I had already suspected issues with that. So a mate hooked me up a very good deal on another box fitted so I did that. Also did the release bearing at the same time.

Whilst in there noticed the DMF had a lot of play so possible that's an issue although it only had 7k or so on it  :thinking:

Box back in went for a test drive and no difference with the rattle  :fighting:. Have got a 20k newer box though and cost me a very small amount really so shout out to @DANBOY66 for hooking me up  :love:

Pretty sure it's the DMF now but whatever it is it's nothing major or dangerous so I'm just driving it and will see what happens.

Gave it a good clean in and out so took some pics. Also went out with a mate and did some filming and photos so hopefully have that lot edited and have some better quality stuff to post in the next few days.

Tight fit

Got 10 days off from Friday on so got a few good days planned aswell as a few days to polish and coat the car hopefully.

Offline DANBOY66

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,74301.0.html
Re: Dans grey MK5 GTI BWJ converted, R-tech powered.
« Reply #832 on: September 11, 2016, 09:54:25 pm »
Glad to have helped out mate

Always nice to have some positive feed back when you help someone out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan..

Seat Ibiza cupra 06 1.8T GTX2867R GEN2 track toy in the making
Passat TDI 170 DSG the Family mini cab

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
Re: Dans grey MK5 GTI BWJ converted, R-tech powered. Update 11/09/16
« Reply #833 on: September 12, 2016, 09:41:38 pm »
Hmmm - that's annoying to hear about the rattle Dan - all that work and it's still there. As you say - at least the box is newer, along with the release bearing, so you can have confidence in those new bits!
Remember when my K04'd 1.8t spat a sheared diff pin through the gearbox bell housing. It must have been rattling around in there for a while - taught me that transmission fluid absolutely stinks!!

Car is looking great, and sounds gutsy on that vid! How clean can your car look after a week off, as it looks decent there!

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #834 on: September 13, 2016, 10:47:53 am »
Car looking gorgeous Dan!!
So jealous of your wheel, brake and tire set up. Just suit your car so, so well :happy2:

Sorry to hear your rattle isn't sorted :sad1:
Seems likely to be the DMF if there's lots of play in it.... Ho Humm..... as you say maybe just ignore it and keep trucking. Sort it out later :happy2:

Looking forward to more updates on your time off!

taught me that transmission fluid absolutely stinks!!

I once spilt almost a full gearbox worth of used transmission fluid on the garage floor. Cleaned it up with a big towel which I then put straight in the washing machine...... f*ckin hell..... destroyed the machine and all the pipes!! Transmission fluid STINKS :sick: :sick:   

Offline Spankiee

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #835 on: September 15, 2016, 09:47:27 pm »
calipers look mint. way better than my s3's
candy white edition 30

dansmith180

« Reply #836 on: September 15, 2016, 10:10:22 pm »
Hmmm - that's annoying to hear about the rattle Dan - all that work and it's still there. As you say - at least the box is newer, along with the release bearing, so you can have confidence in those new bits!
Remember when my K04'd 1.8t spat a sheared diff pin through the gearbox bell housing. It must have been rattling around in there for a while - taught me that transmission fluid absolutely stinks!!

Car is looking great, and sounds gutsy on that vid! How clean can your car look after a week off, as it looks decent there!

Yeah there's always something with this car. I think I'd actually be bored if it worked properly for an extended period of time  :stupid:  :signLOL:.

Cheers, I was well chuffed with how the video came out. It doesn't need much tbf just some light scratches all over where I've been lazy and QD'd it too often when it's dirty and get some protection on the paint, wheels and glass for winter.

Car looking gorgeous Dan!!
So jealous of your wheel, brake and tire set up. Just suit your car so, so well :happy2:

Sorry to hear your rattle isn't sorted :sad1:
Seems likely to be the DMF if there's lots of play in it.... Ho Humm..... as you say maybe just ignore it and keep trucking. Sort it out later :happy2:

Looking forward to more updates on your time off!

taught me that transmission fluid absolutely stinks!!

I once spilt almost a full gearbox worth of used transmission fluid on the garage floor. Cleaned it up with a big towel which I then put straight in the washing machine...... f*ckin hell..... destroyed the machine and all the pipes!! Transmission fluid STINKS :sick: :sick:   

Thanks mate, I'm pretty happy with it now although i'd like some Forge rear brakes as I've  :scared:  :scared: myself a few times. And I'm a wheel whore so I'm definitely feeling some OZ's at some point.

As you say I'm just going to crack on and see what happens, can get a DMF at short notice so won't be off the road for long If it goes bang.

calipers look mint. way better than my s3's

You're too kind  :love:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #837 on: September 15, 2016, 11:44:52 pm »
This is one epic car now Dan

dansmith180

« Reply #838 on: September 20, 2016, 10:25:26 am »
This is one epic car now Dan

Thank you very much  :grin:

dansmith180

« Reply #839 on: September 20, 2016, 10:55:59 am »
So it's been a very very good week for me with this car. It still rattles but I have accepted it and got money aside so I'm not too bothered by it.

Took my mate out last Sunday and he couldn't understand how you can even make a 2 litre engine that fast lol, took him for a good blast and also saw an internet friend of mine in his GTR on the M40 so he gave us a quick show with machine gun noises out the back of his car. Then went and took some nice pictures and a couple of videos

Then on Monday took out a friend of a friend for a spin. He was over from Ireland after a long weekend trip to the 'ring and really got the itch to tune his MK5 or buy an ED30 but hadn't been in a highly modified one so my mate dropped me a message and I never say no to the chance to scare a passenger.

So after 20 minutes in the car he was a tad shell shocked and said I just cost him a lot of money  :signLOL:.

Then had a few compliments and chats with customers throughout the week which was nice.

This weekend went to see Touring cars and see Jays Racekor for the first time since all the work was done and also since mine was mapped so we had a good laugh comparing the two.

Great day out. Then Sunday off to BoostedUK meet in Aylesbury, didn't get a pic of them both together which is a bit silly considering how many pics I took this weekend.

Looking filthy after a hard weekend.

Then Jay pretty much on his own (as I'm useless and my hands were too fat) fitted the Polar FIS+ for me

Can't believe how long it took me to get one of these, it's absolutely OCD heaven

Also managed to upset the owner of a 66 plate M2 who couldn't pull away and then gave up to be quickly passed by an old Golf with silly stickers on. And a 16 plate C63S could not get away from me despite his best efforts although he didn't have much space to really build the speed and pull away. So overall very impressed with the car and just remembered why I love it so much.

Sorry for the gigantic update  :innocent: