Make a donation

Author Topic: 2 Door Black MK5 GTi - AirliftPerformance  (Read 34238 times)

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: The Start of a New Era - MK5 GTi - Journey to the Top
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2015, 08:54:31 am »
Emp and the body shop have done a cracking job on the golf mate really sets it off nicely

Where abouts in kent are you based?

Tommy

Its just a way of life.

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2015, 05:26:04 pm »
Emp and the body shop have done a cracking job on the golf mate really sets it off nicely

Tommy

Cheers mate, very happy with the outcome!  :grin: I am around the Maidstone area, are you local to Kent?

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2015, 08:38:06 pm »

Tommy

Cheers mate, very happy with the outcome!  :grin: I am around the Maidstone area, are you local to Kent?

Yea whitstable at the minute but loved in welling before good to see more popping up

Its just a way of life.

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2015, 10:22:35 pm »

Tommy

Yea whitstable at the minute but loved in welling before good to see more popping up

Fair Enough man, its nice to know there are lots of other mk5 owners local!

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2015, 12:12:34 am »
Its been quite some time since i last posted an update here, I have just been Non-stop saving over the summer so all of the small car parts have been put on hold. it was finally time to have the airlift treatment installed to the golf. The install was done by the boys over at Plush Automotive who have done a fantastic job, if you have any work that needs doing get in contact with them one of the best in the business.  :drinking:

It was their first install of the new Airlift Performance 3P Management system, this is paired with Airlifts performance struts/ and a 5 gallon tank. was excited to see what they would do with the new shaped control panel blending it into the Cigarette lighter compartment. the new Panel is also trimmed in Alcantara and fits like a glove. :popcornsoda:

I will get some photos up at some point of the boot build. I wanted a simple half sunk tank Build for the moment, until some future plans develop.  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Absolutely over the moon with the result, and I'm really looking forward to the summer months next year already
Next on the shopping list is an Edition30 Splitter if anyone has one for sale give me a shout. Then its on to UltimateDubs in March so i might see a few of you there!

« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 12:16:20 am by FamousGTI »

Offline FrameSet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,102535.0.html
Re: 2 Door Black MK5 GTi - AirliftPerformance
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2015, 05:23:16 pm »
This is awesome!  :laugh: Where did you get your led plate light units from? Ive had just eBay led bulbs on my previous 2 mk5's but am after whole units this time  :smiley:

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2015, 05:18:16 pm »
This is awesome!  :laugh: Where did you get your led plate light units from? Ive had just eBay led bulbs on my previous 2 mk5's but am after whole units this time  :smiley:

They were from Ebay mate, think i paid about £15 quid for them really easy to fit too!  :happy2:

Christopherrw

« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2015, 08:09:55 pm »
Good to see it bagged dude, I've literally just picked up myself a black 3dr gti with low miles and its getting bagged ASAP! I'm from Eastbourne too mate so not that far away

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2015, 11:44:03 pm »
Good to see it bagged dude, I've literally just picked up myself a black 3dr gti with low miles and its getting bagged ASAP! I'm from Eastbourne too mate so not that far away

Fair enough man, I'm sure you will have a ton of fun with it. Such nice cars to drive and to look at :jumpmove: Yeah dude I'm from Maidstone so only about an hours drive away

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2015, 11:51:15 pm »
A little look at the Half sunk tank install in the boot!  :popcornsoda:

Offline Tracey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,87962.0.html
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2015, 08:38:40 pm »
Came across this on instagram! Looks deadly now bagged! ED30 lip will finish the outside of lovely! Will be in the market for a GTI in the new year myself  :happy2:

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2015, 05:39:42 pm »
Came across this on instagram! Looks deadly now bagged! ED30 lip will finish the outside of lovely! Will be in the market for a GTI in the new year myself  :happy2:

Thanks for the kind words!  :drinking: Yeah i know looking for one is so tedious they pop up so rarely; if by the new year i haven't found one second hand, ill buy one from the dealership! Nicee  :jumpmove: such an enjoyable car to drive and look at  :drool: what are you driving at the moment?

Christopherrw

« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2015, 07:00:52 pm »
Boot install looks nice and subtle! I think I'm just going to do something similar with mine for now

Offline Tracey

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,87962.0.html
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2015, 11:16:46 pm »
Thanks for the kind words!  :drinking: Yeah i know looking for one is so tedious they pop up so rarely; if by the new year i haven't found one second hand, ill buy one from the dealership! Nicee  :jumpmove: such an enjoyable car to drive and look at  :drool: what are you driving at the moment?

Im in ireland too so there even rarer to find here! Im still driving the grey 5 door tdi... Have a decent job now so will be able to afford the  GTI and comute to work is only 10 minutes. Ill be keeping my bags, xenons, r32 rears and a few more nice parts for the new car! Wont be until the end of january id say anyway :happy2:

Offline FamousGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2015, 11:50:31 pm »
You have a very nice example golf man! :congrats: you will get the GTi just in time for next years show season then  :jumping: look forward to seeing what you do with it dude.