Make a donation

Author Topic: My Golf GTI Edition 30 - No. 424  (Read 41803 times)

Offline TForrest94

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: My Golf GTI Edition 30 - No. 424
« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2015, 09:12:26 am »
Love the grey eddys, really wanted one but settled on a black as the deal was too good to turn down

I feel your pain about not having a sun roof as well thats the only thing i really miss

For the wheel colour how about shadow chrome? Little bit lighter than black and looks the nuts when the sun hits it

Tommy

Its just a way of life.

Offline KieranED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
  • Burning Rubber Since 16th Febuary 2012
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89941.0.html
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2015, 10:32:54 pm »
I don't miss the sunroof mate wouldn't use it if I had one I don't think and it I was to respray the wheels I'm thinking anthracite bud  :happy2:

Also fitted my smoothed grill today looks miles better  :jumpmove:

Offline KieranED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2015, 08:24:49 pm »
Not been on here for a while been busy with work and holidays etc and now come back around to doing stuff to the car the car is now in the process of being repainted by a very repatable painter who mainly only paints show cars it's staying the same colour but getting all the grills gloss black just subtle touches then next year I'll be going stage 2+ along with stance  :evilgrin: :driver: :happy2:

Offline KieranED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2016, 06:16:46 pm »
Hi all sorry it's been a while I'm just wondering what you guys think my car should be priced if I was to put it up for sale if you flick through my build you will see it's absolutely mint in show car condition thanks, it's currently on 96k miles cheers

Offline KieranED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2017, 07:40:52 pm »
Hi guys I'm back again for good I haven't been using the car for the last 12 months due to me using my Audi RS4 but seen as I have just sold that on Saturday I have got the golf out  :happy2:
Yesterday I did a service on it and replaced the OSR caliper due to it been stood for a year it had started to stick so chucked a new one on  :driver:
Today I carried out a exterior detail washed, clayed, washed again, dried & then I got the DA out! Compounded, light polish, waxed and then finally sealed the car and glass and dressed the tyres!

Offline Adsy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2017, 01:19:41 pm »
How come you got rid of the RS4? Think I used to see the eddy at unphased meets maybe. Always looked nice.

Offline KieranED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2017, 03:41:17 pm »
How come you got rid of the RS4? Think I used to see the eddy at unphased meets maybe. Always looked nice.

I had my fun in it and got a decent price for it so let it go, now I can put the money towards a house and do what I want to the ED30 & yeah you will have seen in there a lot  :smiley:

Offline KieranED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2017, 03:43:37 pm »
Well been out to see Nige at BCS and ordered myself a TBE powervalve sport (hybrid) with the 200 cell sports cat, can't wait to get it fitted  :driver:

Offline KieranED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2017, 06:12:55 pm »
Need to get some pics and update this thread haha!
Waiting to get my BCS WRC powervalve system fitted with sports cat can't wait but before that I have got:
New smoothed grill
Carbon fiber mirrors
Open fog grills
Smoked indicators
LED interior conversion (again)
And finally replacing the G201 fault by replacing the ABS unit sensor with the repair kit so I get my traction control back  :driver: haha

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2017, 06:52:20 pm »
You'll love the exhaust. Best mod I've done. WRC version will be LOUD on full beans!

Look forward to your updates

Offline KieranED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2017, 08:00:46 pm »
You'll love the exhaust. Best mod I've done. WRC version will be LOUD on full beans!

I was going to get a hybrid but the GTI's sound quiet on videos so was a bit bothered about spending all that money and not being loud enough! If the WRC is too loud I'll get Nige at BCS to put a hybrid silencer in  :happy2:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #146 on: March 29, 2017, 08:06:22 pm »

I was going to get a hybrid but the GTI's sound quiet on videos so was a bit bothered about spending all that money and not being loud enough! If the WRC is too loud I'll get Nige at BCS to put a hybrid silencer in  :happy2:
Yep, you've always got that option. Mine's the Sport version, valved, and it's just right for me. I've taken the parcel shelf out so I can hear a bit more of it on boost, but it's really quiet when I'm pottering around. I'm glad I went for the valved option!

Offline KieranED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: March 29, 2017, 08:33:53 pm »

Yep, you've always got that option. Mine's the Sport version, valved, and it's just right for me. I've taken the parcel shelf out so I can hear a bit more of it on boost, but it's really quiet when I'm pottering around. I'm glad I went for the valved option!

Yeah I have gone with the WRC due to it being valved, if it wasn't a powervalve I wouldn't have done as it would have been annoying, but as it is I suppose it's only as loud as you drive it if you get me.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2017, 08:41:53 pm »

Yeah I have gone with the WRC due to it being valved, if it wasn't a powervalve I wouldn't have done as it would have been annoying, but as it is I suppose it's only as loud as you drive it if you get me.
Yep, it's either full on screaming with a little pop between gears, or OEM-quiet with lots of subtle burps and burbles on the over run. Really impressive power gains too. I never get tired of it!

Offline KieranED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2017, 08:49:36 pm »

Yep, it's either full on screaming with a little pop between gears, or OEM-quiet with lots of subtle burps and burbles on the over run. Really impressive power gains too. I never get tired of it!

Fantastic, really can't wait to get it fitted now  :driver: