Make a donation

Author Topic: Stage 1 Booked 25/11/14  (Read 5774 times)

Offline akbarirfan

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 81
  • -Receive: 18
R-Tech Stage One
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 09:59:59 pm »
Today I had a stage one remap and DSG map, this is how it went down.

I left home at 9am armed with a baguette, hobnobs for the lads, wooly hat and scarf and a near enough full tank of 99 momentum. I highly recommend wrapping up warm!

Leaving at 9am meant that I should have arrived with about 45 minutes to spare, but the traffic and roadworks were quite bad as was the weather. I arrived at 11.45, when NG was finishing off an R32 (MK4), they looked pleased with the results and it sounded amazing!

My car was put on to the ramp for a health check (DV was removed checked and put back in) whilst I signed the disclaimer and wrote down what I wanted done, linear stage one and a dsg. All clear and NG did his thing. Stock was 210 bhp 224 torque, mapped 253 bhp 305 torque!

We were done by 2.30.pm when NG test drove it, then I test drove.The difference is amazing, the car is so much more driveable and responsive, power on tap!

Well worth the journey, friendly bunch of guys with plenty of banter!

Forgot to get my R-tech stickers though   :scared:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:34:45 am by akbarirfan »

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
Re: Stage 1 Booked 25/11/14
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 07:16:39 pm »
@akbarirfan I'm glad you enjoyed the R-Tech experience  :happy2:

I guess he took you out in it and explained what he has done? Once of my favourite parts of the experience. Feels weird to be sitting in the passenger seat while someone thrashes your newly-tuned pride & joy  :signLOL:

Glad you got everything you were after 
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline akbarirfan

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 81
  • -Receive: 18
Re: Stage 1 Booked 25/11/14
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2014, 12:13:53 pm »
Overall I am happy with the experience, but I did not get a chance to discuss much, I just wrote what I wanted down on the disclaimer form and that was it, rather than go through what be accomplished - this would have taken 10 minutes at most!!!

Niki took it for a test drive and then I took it for a test drive (both individually) post remap.

We had a quick chat afterwards but really would have appreciated talking to Niki before hand.

When I arrived, I parked up and that was it really!! Somewhat annoyed as when I called up I was told I would get a chance to speak to Niki/whoever before the map if I arrived early to discuss my requirements.

My advice would be to try and get hold of Niki before handing over you keys, as after that point the chain is up and you won't get the opportunity until post-remap.