Make a donation

Author Topic: Forum Mobile Theme  (Read 6707 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Forum Mobile Theme
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 11:07:42 am »
Does it have a responsive design, not tried it on a phone.

No not really.... the font sizes on the iphone are slightly increase to ease reading

Offline Tabs

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
  • They see me rolling....
    • uk-mkivs.net - the UK's bes resource for the Golf, bora and Jetta
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2014, 04:07:42 pm »
You should really be aiming for having just one responsive skin that caters for both mobiles and more traditional desktop systems. Tis the way it's all headed and all that.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2014, 06:44:58 pm »
You should really be aiming for having just one responsive skin that caters for both mobiles and more traditional desktop systems. Tis the way it's all headed and all that.

Whats the crack with the mk4 forum @Tabs ? doesnt that have a separate mobile skin?

I believe that the next version of SMF (2.1) will be more supportive of responsive skins. The problem will be finding one or making one that looks like this one....

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 08:43:20 pm »
Responsive skin for a content site is a pita. Probably the main reason not many responsive skins available at the moment.

05 | Tornado Red | DSG

Offline Tabs

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2014, 11:08:49 am »

Whats the crack with the mk4 forum @Tabs ? doesnt that have a separate mobile skin?

I believe that the next version of SMF (2.1) will be more supportive of responsive skins. The problem will be finding one or making one that looks like this one....

IPB 3.x has a separate mobile skin. However IPB4.0 will ship with one single, responsive design skin which I think we'll likely use across the entire site when we upgrade.

You only need to look at your site stats to see the device breakdown and how it's swinging toward more mobile browsing habits. One of the reasons why tapatalk is so popular.

Offline Tabs

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2014, 11:10:07 am »
Responsive skin for a content site is a pita. Probably the main reason not many responsive skins available at the moment.

It used to be but with clever CSS scaling for images and proper planning for your layout it can work. Car Throttle is a good example of a layout that works well.

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2014, 03:30:08 pm »
Maybe next time we do a major upgrade i will build a skin from scratch. I think we have added enough features this upgrade.

05 | Tornado Red | DSG