Make a donation

Author Topic: MFD Highline Compass display and exhaust fault!! (not related)  (Read 1930 times)

Offline VWellsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
MFD Highline Compass display and exhaust fault!! (not related)
« on: November 20, 2009, 07:57:54 pm »
Hi All,

I've got a 2005 model GTI and was wondering why I don't get the compass arrow in the top left corner of the DIS (next to the clock) while driving. I have the OEM sat-nav setup, and I noticed on other cars I test drove that the compass display was there.

On mine I can call up a compass display which takes up the centre of the DIS in like an arc format, but never get the small version at the top.

I hope i'm making myself clear, was just wondering why it's different.

Also I had a coil pack go a couple of days ago (running on 3 -limp to the garage). Local independant fixed it with no problem, and today I have had the exhaust fault light come on (not flashing). Do you think the two problems are not related or could it be a coincidence and a left over problem from the coil pack.

Only had the car a week and feeling a little nervous about my purchase (I have a 3 month warranty so maybe not all bad).

Cheers :confused:

DSG, Xenon's, Monza II Shadows, Satnav, Leather, Highline, Armrest, K&N Typhoon Induction, REVO Stage 1....

Offline v2brett

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
Re: MFD Highline Compass display and exhaust fault!! (not related)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 11:21:33 pm »
have you got the navi disc in the unit mate??   i have mine in most of the time but i think the compass should work with out the disc anyway.     but about 2 times in 2 years ive noticed my compass go `away` but its returned straight away next time iv started the car.     

as for the light id take it back asap and use the warranty while you still have it  :happy2:   
Still Here!

Offline VWellsy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: MFD Highline Compass display and exhaust fault!! (not related)
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 12:23:58 am »
Hi,

thanks for the reply, and yep the navi disc is in (albeit a 2005 (genuine) version). Dont have a problem with the display was just wondering if it was another Highline option to have it turned on or not - there's so many options on these cars.

As for the exhaust fault light I've called the warranty company and booked it in with my local independant again for the end of next week. He didn't seem too concearned... Fingers crossed.

I'm just looking for a bit of info on the problem - so been surfin the forum all night. I guess for a bit of morale support.

I think it will all work out fine, you just don't need it in your first week with the car.... But I do love it!!!

Cheers

Steve

P.S Getting my xenons adjusted at the same time after your advice last night so cheers again, maybe I'll buy my own VAG-COM at this rate!!

DSG, Xenon's, Monza II Shadows, Satnav, Leather, Highline, Armrest, K&N Typhoon Induction, REVO Stage 1....