Make a donation

Author Topic: Laser blue GTI  (Read 3672 times)

Offline ajmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
Laser blue GTI
« on: January 17, 2015, 06:35:17 pm »
Hi, figured I should post a pic of my car as I've had it a couple of months now.
(Excuse how dirty it is)
My first car was a 1.4 FSI MK5 golf, and then I got an EP3 type R. However after only a couple of months I missed the golf so ended up with this.

Bought it off a forum member in November, but got off to a very bad start with it, including being towed by the AA from South of London back to Scotland when I picked it up and then needing the top half of the engine rebuilt... :sad1:

Now that it's working though I'm absolutely loving it, it's had a lot of work done to it already including a stage 1 remap :evilgrin: It never fails to put a smile on my face.

Since having it I've fitted a cobra non resonated catback and various other little things such as cherry red hazard switch and chrome switches etc.

I'm looking at a new set of alloys at the moment as the current ones have definitely seen better days, I'm thinking BBS CH's in anthracite, any other suggestions as to what would look good?

Any comments are welcome, cheers,

Jamie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ruhaleali

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Laser blue GTI
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 07:03:03 pm »
Hi, figured I should post a pic of my car as I've had it a couple of months now.
(Excuse how dirty it is)
My first car was a 1.4 FSI MK5 golf, and then I got an EP3 type R. However after only a couple of months I missed the golf so ended up with this.

Bought it off a forum member in November, but got off to a very bad start with it, including being towed by the AA from South of London back to Scotland when I picked it up and then needing the top half of the engine rebuilt... :sad1:

Now that it's working though I'm absolutely loving it, it's had a lot of work done to it already including a stage 1 remap :evilgrin: It never fails to put a smile on my face.

Since having it I've fitted a cobra non resonated catback and various other little things such as cherry red hazard switch and chrome switches etc.

I'm looking at a new set of alloys at the moment as the current ones have definitely seen better days, I'm thinking BBS CH's in anthracite, any other suggestions as to what would look good?

Any comments are welcome, cheers,

Jamie

Car looks awesome pal! needs

Tints - Gloss black mirrors (wrapped)
LED Fogs
Diamond Cut - 3SDM 0.01 or 0.04 POSSIBLY some roti VENTI Rs 19s
BIG BRAKES

a few id recommend haha ;)

Offline ajmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Laser blue GTI
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 07:17:57 pm »

Car looks awesome pal! needs

Tints - Gloss black mirrors (wrapped)
LED Fogs
Diamond Cut - 3SDM 0.01 or 0.04 POSSIBLY some roti VENTI Rs 19s
BIG BRAKES

a few id recommend haha ;)

Thanks! I've already ordered led fogs! And will definitely be getting the windows tinted one day :wink;
Will have a look at those alloys and look into big brakes too haha

Offline BarberVW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 06:50:32 am »
Looks great, first laser blue I've seen with colour coded plastics....how do you find the cobra exhaust?

Black 3 Door Manual | Bi-xenons | Winter pack | Luxury pack2 | Cruise control | Highline display | MFSW | 18" Monza 2's | Armrest | Glovebox MDI | Blue tint glass

Offline ajmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 10:57:52 am »

Looks great, first laser blue I've seen with colour coded plastics....how do you find the cobra exhaust?
Thanks, previous owner is to thank for that. I absolutely love it. Not many people on here seem to have the cobra but I'm not sure why, it's brilliant. There's no drone at all when sitting at 70 on the motorway but then you put your foot down and it sounds amazing :signlol:

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 11:30:18 am »
Looks like a well spec motor. Love the colour  :happy2:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline ajmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 11:34:14 am »
Looks like a well spec motor. Love the colour  :happy2:
Cheers! :grin:

Offline JonnyM92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 07:55:42 pm »
Looks really nice mate, lovely colour.  :happy2:

Offline ajmac

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 07:59:33 pm »

Looks really nice mate, lovely colour.  :happy2:
Thanks, it was the colour that sold me on it, don't see many of them about :happy2:

Offline BarberVW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 03:12:32 pm »

Thanks, previous owner is to thank for that. I absolutely love it. Not many people on here seem to have the cobra but I'm not sure why, it's brilliant. There's no drone at all when sitting at 70 on the motorway but then you put your foot down and it sounds amazing :signlol:

You should post some videos  :happy2:

Black 3 Door Manual | Bi-xenons | Winter pack | Luxury pack2 | Cruise control | Highline display | MFSW | 18" Monza 2's | Armrest | Glovebox MDI | Blue tint glass