Make a donation

Author Topic: mk6 climate into 2006 mk5 gti  (Read 42992 times)

Offline downtime

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: mk6 climate into 2006 mk5 gti
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2016, 06:01:28 am »
I think it is what my pictures are for!!! You need to do as i did wirh the wires to override the flap!!

If you're referring to misting, the wiring is not the problem. I only have one flap not two as in the pre-2007 models. I can hear the flap opening and closing just fine when it switches to interior circulation.

Offline ady-uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2016, 01:14:43 pm »
I think it is what my pictures are for!!! You need to do as i did wirh the wires to override the flap!!

If you're referring to misting, the wiring is not the problem. I only have one flap not two as in the pre-2007 models. I can hear the flap opening and closing just fine when it switches to interior circulation.

Think you may be wrong, if reg is 2007 or less then you'll have two flaps
Mine is 2005 and can I hear the flap motors change and switch to interior circulation, when selecting reverse, as it's suppose to!
I definitely have two flaps though! (ouerrr)
VW Golf 2.0 Gtd 140 4motion (2005)
Factory fitted: xenons, sunroof, heated leather seats, fold in mirrors with downlights,
Custom: Mk6 steering wheel, updated gateway, RNS510 remote boot pop, LED lighting.

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2016, 02:29:33 pm »
Please can someone shed some clarity regarding the secondary wires needed
Also if the air quality sensor is wired as shown?

I have put together a diagram to help explain what I don't understand.

Eddie NL has ignored my question on here.
I also sent a PM asking to buy a wiring loom.
Totally ignored.  I thought we were meant to be helpful on here!

Sorry but I'm not on here much now
and I get bombarded with loads of questions for free advice so accept my apologies for not getting back to you
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline downtime

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2016, 05:59:09 am »

Mine is 2005 and can I hear the flap motors change and switch to interior circulation, when selecting reverse, as it's suppose to!

Nope, one flap. I've removed the glove box plenty enough to see that. There's only one big flap changing position and one motor on the left side of it (LHD car). Also ELSA is stating for my car that there's only one flap and one motor.

The funny thing is that windscreen is not misting at all, only side windows. I'm actually starting to suspect that there's condensation somewhere inside the car which is causing this issue. I'll try to get some silica pads and put them to the footwells. Let's see if that will suck the condensation out.

Offline downtime

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2016, 06:26:25 pm »

First of all, I promise I'll never question anyone before making sure that I know what I'm talking about :) You were correct. I took the glovebox off once again as I had some spare time today. And indeed, two motors as there's two flaps that are changing position. Big one that closes the circulation between outside and inside and a smaller one that opens when switching to interior circulation.
So sorry for questioning you.

I did the wiring change to plug B and C and the smaller flap is now working ok but the bigger one isn't. It isn't moving no matter what I do.

No error codes in climatronic either so I'm not sure now if the flap motor is busted or if the wiring is still incorrect.

Offline ady-uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2016, 08:33:12 am »

First of all, I promise I'll never question anyone before making sure that I know what I'm talking about :) You were correct. I took the glovebox off once again as I had some spare time today. And indeed, two motors as there's two flaps that are changing position. Big one that closes the circulation between outside and inside and a smaller one that opens when switching to interior circulation.
So sorry for questioning you.

I did the wiring change to plug B and C and the smaller flap is now working ok but the bigger one isn't. It isn't moving no matter what I do.

No error codes in climatronic either so I'm not sure now if the flap motor is busted or if the wiring is still incorrect.

No worries.....I've still not cut my wires yet so can't tell you.
Hopefully have a play this long weekend and will tell you.

In the cold weather it isn't a problem as everything 'seems to work' and motors make the correct sounds.
In mid summer tho, totally different, reach for full aircon, coldest setting and initially you get cold air, then it dwindles to no air, after about 2 minutes and you end up sweating like a pig on a BBQ :(
I found that out last year :(
Factory fitted: xenons, sunroof, heated leather seats, fold in mirrors with downlights,
Custom: Mk6 steering wheel, updated gateway, RNS510 remote boot pop, LED lighting.

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2016, 09:52:31 am »
No worries.....I've still not cut my wires yet so can't tell you.
Hopefully have a play this long weekend and will tell you.

In the cold weather it isn't a problem as everything 'seems to work' and motors make the correct sounds.
In mid summer tho, totally different, reach for full aircon, coldest setting and initially you get cold air, then it dwindles to no air, after about 2 minutes and you end up sweating like a pig on a BBQ :(
I found that out last year

The reason you are sweating like a pig is because your air con is not working.

I'm sure if you read up on this, you will see that a lot of 2004 - 2007 Diesel cars can't get the Air con to work after installing a mk6 climate panel. Only the very earliest mk6 climate panels had a chance of working or you have to change your ECU

VCDS will tell you for sure, when you look at MVB for compressor shut off conditions
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Offline downtime

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2016, 10:41:34 am »

I'm sure if you read up on this, you will see that a lot of 2004 - 2007 Diesel cars can't get the Air con to work after installing a mk6 climate panel. Only the very earliest mk6 climate panels had a chance of working or you have to change your ECU

VCDS will tell you for sure, when you look at MVB for compressor shut off conditions

Luckily in my case the aircon is working. Plenty of cold air last summer. Problems started in cold and misty weather when the windows started misting really bad.

I managed to manually turn the bigger flap to fresh air position. The smaller flap in front is working correctly after the wire swap but the bigger one isn't. I'm suspecting the motor is somehow not working correctly.

I have to dig up the schematics from Elsa first though to double check that the wiring change I did accordingly to instructions here, are infact correct.

I'm guessing it's possible to make this to work as well if I manage to get a newer style fresh air vent part with single motor?

Edit :

One question. The flap motor is not giving any errors to VCDS. Shouldn't it be doing that if it's broken? The motor is not giving any resistance to the flap itself when you move it by hand. It's easily movable to both directions so that makes me suspect that motor is kaput.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 10:58:19 am by downtime »

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2016, 12:37:10 pm »
petrol cars don't have problems with ECU and mk6 climate.

you can change the flap unit

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Offline Softishman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2016, 06:22:14 am »
I had the exact same problem. After a short while the air stopped at tje vents towards me. Then i made my connection in the pictures both flaps opened and it works!! When i bought the mk6 clima i got the connectors with cables on that I checked the wiring with.

Offline ady-uk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2016, 08:31:52 am »

Luckily in my case the aircon is working. Plenty of cold air last summer. Problems started in cold and misty weather when the windows started misting really bad.

I managed to manually turn the bigger flap to fresh air position. The smaller flap in front is working correctly after the wire swap but the bigger one isn't. I'm suspecting the motor is somehow not working correctly.

I have to dig up the schematics from Elsa first though to double check that the wiring change I did accordingly to instructions here, are infact correct.

I'm guessing it's possible to make this to work as well if I manage to get a newer style fresh air vent part with single motor?

Edit :

One question. The flap motor is not giving any errors to VCDS. Shouldn't it be doing that if it's broken? The motor is not giving any resistance to the flap itself when you move it by hand. It's easily movable to both directions so that makes me suspect that motor is kaput.

I'm not sure.......
The air feels cold and I don't think I get aircon error in VCDS but will look again.
The problem is the air slowly shuts itself off and I just get no air.
Can hear the air being strangled, behind the dash but not coming out the vents.

Why I wanted to buy one of your looms so I could just plug in-line and swap back as many times as needed without keep cutting wires.

Is it a massive job to swap the 2005 airbox with two flaps, for a 2008 airbox with single flap? :D

I' also guessing swapping the ECU isn't easy as will need programming / mapping etc.

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
    • Email

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2016, 09:17:30 am »
I've had a quick scan through these latest posts but I don't think anyone has said why my 2006 GTI is misting? Will it never work correctly with the MK6 panel? As in that case I might swap it back to the MK5 one.

Running the AC all the time just to stop misting is annoying.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2016, 11:49:27 am »
The only way to get it 100% working is to change the flap to a single flap

No wiring change will make it mist up
changing some of the wiring will reduce the misting up but it still won't work fully as changing the flap

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Offline downtime

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2016, 06:17:10 am »
The only way to get it 100% working is to change the flap to a single flap

No wiring change will make it mist up
changing some of the wiring will reduce the misting up but it still won't work fully as changing the flap

It seems this is the case. With the wiring change and fixing the broken latch on the inner motor, I now got both flaps moving correctly with the recirc button. But, the movement is not flawless. Sometimes the flaps just get stuck half way. Most of the time they work ok though and I sprayed some lubricant to the moving parts yesterday and that seems to have helped for the most parts.

Anyway the more annoying issue is that I cannot clear this fault :

9472882 - Motor for Fresh Air / Recirculated Air Flap
          B108B 54 [009] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting
          Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

I've done the basic setting numerous times with VCDS and through the climatronic panel buttons. No dice. Flaps move correctly when I observed them during the basic settings routine but still the error appears all the time.

It does not affect the climatronic in any way but is an annoying issue.