Make a donation

Author Topic: WHY ?????  (Read 3975 times)

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
WHY ?????
« on: November 28, 2009, 03:57:39 pm »
Why would you sell this on eBay :- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/L-K-Genuine-VW-MK5-Golf-GTI-Edition-30-Ltd-Plaque_W0QQitemZ120498415332QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1c0e43e6e4

??????????

The article is just so annoying -

As NEW Genuine MK5 Golf GTI Edition 30 Plaque

Very rare and only supplied with Golf GTI Edition 30 which were individually numbered.

Ideal if you have a Edition 30 replica or have lost of damaged yours.

Any questions, Please ask!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: WHY ?????
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 04:51:57 pm »
ive just bought that for my vRS

NOT!!! why would you se;ll, or buy one for that matter

Offline BMX

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 05:41:37 pm »
if the cars been writen off then i cant see a problem with selling it. someone may buy it to make a replica look more realistic. if its not from a write off then it is certainly wrong :sick:
"If Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 09:39:42 pm »
I've already had my say and deleted the thread in the for sale section the other day! Made my pi$$ boil!!  :mad: :mad: :fighting:

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 10:04:31 pm »
mugs!!  :stupid:

Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 11:10:08 pm »
I've already had my say and deleted the thread in the for sale section the other day! Made my pi$$ boil!!  :mad: :mad: :fighting:

I can't imagine why you would do that??
It's a part as most of the stuff getting swapped between members on here.It's aparrently his to sell, and for someone interested to sell.
I have the highest respect for this forum, i hardly visit the american anymore, to much biggering there.
For you to delete this is censorship, how could it offend anyone???  :surprised:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 11:21:35 pm »

I can't imagine why you would do that??
It's a part as most of the stuff getting swapped between members on here.It's aparrently his to sell, and for someone interested to sell.
I have the highest respect for this forum, i hardly visit the american anymore, to much biggering there.
For you to delete this is censorship, how could it offend anyone???  :surprised:

I am sure he will be along right enough to explain. But the production run of the ED 30 caused lots of anger and dis- belief over in this country. VW promised buyers that there would only be 1500 produced but it ended up about 2300.
Lots of our members fought for some recognition of this over run and it has only recently been resolved in the form of these numbered badges, and even this VW have managed to cock up somewhat.

So it is a very sensitive issue over here and people selling there's or copying them just hits a nerve at the moment. You are right it shouldn't bother people what others do with there's, But it just does its a unusual situation and this is the first for sale.  :happy2:

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 11:26:15 pm »
Thx TC, it helps understanding the reason for deleting the tread.
In Denmark we haven't got the ED30 so it's even more rare here, i know of one, so we seek to find collectables, my reason for bidding on it is to replicate the style for my own badge to my "R20". :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 11:34:53 pm »
Its a strange one really, i guess you have to own a ED 30 to understand what the badge means to them. But you are right if you look at it from another country i guess it would seem mad.  :rolleye:

If your paying over £25,000 for a limited edition car, then find out that its not as sold, then i think rightly, that piss would boil somewhat.  :

:sad1:  :smiley:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 11:10:15 am »
Plus the plaques apply only to UK cars, not any other EU-registered cars (I think).

Hence if someone has a plaque, they can:

- pass off their import ED30 as a uk one, which affects the resale value
 - claim their car is build number xxxx when in fact it isn't.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Nasir

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 01:50:54 pm »
But a quick call to VW uk will show otherwise surely?

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 02:33:03 pm »
Don't see the problem myself, it's his to sell.  There will be loads of Ed30s without plaques and if someone wants to try and clone a car they will do it with or without the plaque.  Also, the fact that there were many hundreds made over the promised 1,500 doesn't exactly make them super exclusive, it must be one of the largest limited edition runs ever.

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2009, 02:34:10 pm »
Don't see the problem myself, it's his to sell.  There will be loads of Ed30s without plaques and if someone wants to try and clone a car they will do it with or without the plaque.  Also, the fact that there were many hundreds made over the promised 1,500 doesn't exactly make them super exclusive, it must be one of the largest limited edition runs ever.

i think that honour belongs to the MK5 .:R32  :grin:

Offline Mako V12V

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
    • Astons, Porsches & Golf GTIs
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2009, 04:19:31 pm »
My GT3 is one of 237 UK RHD 911 (997) variations and doesn't come with a plaque  :sad1:
VW Golf Edition 30, Candy White, 3dr Manual. Plus a stunning Aston Martin V12 Vantage!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 03:50:15 pm »

What do you drive Trev?