Make a donation

Author Topic: Stage 1 remap update  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Vandyer

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Stage 1 remap update
« on: April 15, 2015, 05:43:48 pm »
I've kept a low profile after i did something pretty stupid, turns out many people to it. I filled my Edition 30 up with diesel and drove about 5 mile till all hell broke loose and the car died.

After a 20 minute tirade of verbal abuse aimed at myself I calmed down and called the AA, they took me to a VW main dealer in Leeds and they fixed my car - replaced fuel filter, changed speak plugs and flushed the fuel lines, in all almost £350. Ouch.

I thought all was well but deep down had a feeling i might have damaged my CAT.

A couple of months later I took it to R-Tech for a stage 1 remap, the graph suggested 295bhp and I was more than happy with that but Nick said there was an error and said is should be delivering more power, at that point I came clean with my fuel mix up. Nick said the CAT might be damaged from unburnt diesel and gave me a used down pipe with the pre cat removed. Thanks Nick, much appreciated.

Recently the car is been pretty poor both performance wise and economy, so I asked for some diagnosis help and GTI-Andy stepped forward, a boost error and cat error was showing.

I've took my time but eventually had the exhaust replaced today and boy what a difference!! I haven't had a diagnostic re-run but it feels amazing and sounds great.

Thanks again Nick and thanks GTI-Andy.

I check the colour of the fuel pump 5 times before putting the nozzle into the tank now!
Tony
What's this?

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 27
Re: Stage 1 remap update
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 08:39:05 pm »
Ouch mate, glad it worked out ok

I know people who have put petrol in a diesel, that's is seriaously damaging and expensive, fuel pumps, lines, injectors, seals erc etc are all junked