Make a donation

Author Topic: Candy White Mk5 5dr DSG - NOW SOLD  (Read 38296 times)

Offline shoaybmakda

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Candy White Mk5 5dr DSG - a couple of more new pics!
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2015, 07:18:00 pm »
Tidy white ride mate!  :happy2: Quick suggestion - replace those wing mirror puddle lights with LED. About £18 for the pair on fleabay and easy to fix - make a huge difference  :happy2:

Thanks @samx300 someone else mentioned that to me too but I've not seen any pics of it. Have you got any by any chance? Wanted to see what it looks like

Thanks

Offline samx300

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 11
  • No pain no gain.
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92146.0.html
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2015, 11:19:52 am »
Tidy white ride mate!  :happy2: Quick suggestion - replace those wing mirror puddle lights with LED. About £18 for the pair on fleabay and easy to fix - make a huge difference  :happy2:

Thanks @samx300 someone else mentioned that to me too but I've not seen any pics of it. Have you got any by any chance? Wanted to see what it looks like

Thanks

Hi mate - just running really busy last week or so. I will certainly click some for you as I am due to take pics anyway. Will post in your thread once done.

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2015, 06:43:27 pm »
Small update - things have been a bit slow at the moment. Funds are being taken up for a holiday I've just booked but managed to get a couple of things done. Managed to finally get my cam follower done. After attempting to do it 10 times myself (no exaggeration!) that banjo bolt got the better of me. @z00bz got me in touch with the guy who did his and we got it changed. Turns out my banjo bolt is completely knackered and the threads are chewed up. Let's hope my HPFP dosnt need changing any time soon!

The dreaded banjo bolt:

Cam follower now replaced at 116k. No records of it being done previously so glad I got it done although it dosnt look completely knackered, the silver was starting to come through:

Also ordered a cherry red hazard switch off a seller in China via eBay. Delivery was really speedy came within a couple of days. Better than some UK sellers!

Have a few more things planned but will probably be a couple of months before I get it all done...but no doubt the temptation will get the better of me and I will order more parts!  :party:

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=acskfd98ooor2pucrji3s4qek2&/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2015, 07:14:11 pm »
Surely the mangled bolt was replaced?

05 | Tornado Red | DSG

Offline z00bz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
  • OEM+ Black MK5 GTi
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2015, 07:25:37 pm »
Ah mate....glad you got it all sorted!! From what I can remember they guy had a spare banjo which is the 1 he dropped of mine in the engine bay lol found it after purchasing a new 1 for me from TPS lol so he decided to keep that banjo as spare!!!

I'm watching a cherry red hazard switch on the bay from China but wasn't sure as I thort it may take a while to get to me...... Might just get 1 ordered if it only takes a couple of days

OEM+ Black MK5 GTi

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2015, 07:46:05 pm »
Surely the mangled bolt was replaced?

I couldn't get the bolt unscrewed so went down the route of loosening the fuel lines and carefully pulling away the HPFP. It is irritating me however knowing that there is a chewed up screw that I may not be able to get off

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2015, 07:49:33 pm »
Ah mate....glad you got it all sorted!! From what I can remember they guy had a spare banjo which is the 1 he dropped of mine in the engine bay lol found it after purchasing a new 1 for me from TPS lol so he decided to keep that banjo as spare!!!

I'm watching a cherry red hazard switch on the bay from China but wasn't sure as I thort it may take a while to get to me...... Might just get 1 ordered if it only takes a couple of days

Yeah he mentioned he did but we didn't end up going down the banjo route in the end and we prized away the HPFP.

The cherry one I ordered came in about 5 days I think. Email said could take a month but came pretty quick. Here's the one I bought:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/201372262167?txnId=0

Offline z00bz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
  • OEM+ Black MK5 GTi
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2015, 09:39:15 pm »
Cheers buddy :-)

OEM+ Black MK5 GTi

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
Re: Candy White Mk5 5dr DSG - Cam Follower Changed
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2015, 06:54:25 pm »
small update been busy with a couple of things since my last post on my build thread. the biggest thing was a couple of months back managed to get my front two arches, sills and boot handle all replaced for free under VW warranty! it was bugging me that i noticed the rust appearing and i was going to get it all done at the same time i did my bumpers but i came across the thread on here about warranty success on this and thought whats the worst that could happen?

So popped into Leicester VW (after my initial phone call to them to say i had rust appearing) and had spoke to the bodyshop manager. He noticed that the bubbling was appearing on the drivers arch as well as the passenger (i had only noticed the passengers side) and the rust on the boot was the worst. i tried my own attempt to touch it in with the touch up pen from VW but was still bugging me. Initially i was offered two front wings for free and 50% contribution on the rear boot which was going to work out about £300 for me to pay. Just i was about to pass on the boot and accept the wings, he looked at my service history and said seeing as you have had the car serviced with us all its life well cover the boot too. RESULT!

so dropped my car off to VW a couple of weeks later and had a polo to drive for the week (so glad i didn't get a up!)

Picked my car up a week later and they did a fantastic job and i must admit i was beginning to loose faith in the dealership but i can't praise them enough for this. Unfortunately i didn't get a picture of the wings but i managed to get some before and after of the rust.

Before (boot looks a different shade of white here - most probably the lighting!):

After:

They gave it a basic clean so i gave it another wash once it stopped raining and for me that was the last i was going to tamper with the car....

Now I'm sure many of you can relate just when you think enough is enough, you end up finding one or two bits and then carrying on tampering. Well yes thats happened to me too...  :stupid:

I loved my monzas and i really loved the way they looked on my Golf. But the kerbing was beginning to bug me. and although i could live with it i just knew eventually i would want to change. Well that happened sooner rather than later and after speaking with @rashg60 about wheels, he managed to (somehow) persuade me to part with my monzas a little earlier than i wanted!

So with the monzas ready to go i needed to find some new wheels. and thought well I've got the ED30 look going on why not get some pescaras to go with. and managed to bag some unmarked beauties for a decent price and when they were delivered although i was still upset at letting the monzas go, i was warming more to the Pescaras.

Delivery:

Fitted:

took me a few days to warm to them but although i do partially still miss my monzas i have taken a liking to the pescaras.

The devil often makes works for idle hands, and my hands get twitching when i see something i like on this forum. and on a road trip up north, i somehow managed to bag a highland cluster from @v4rley (top service and very helpful guy). Couple of days later i also ended up buying an MFD2 as i had gotten a bit bored of the RCD300 (non-mp3) head unit (ideally would love to go down the RNS route but i couldn't justify spending the extra on a canbus change and for a sat nav i won't use as much - and the MFD2 would just do the job in looking pretty!)

So fitted the head unit and got in touch with @RetroRaz in the process of when i bought the highline cluster and raz true to his word turned up a couple of weeks later on his travels and fitted and coded up the highline cluster to my car along with a couple of other bits like his flash to pass mod. (again brilliant service from raz and cannot recommend highly enough!)

MFD2:

Highline:

i must admit i am very impressed with the highline mod and would recommend it as an upgrade to everyone. I'm probably not even using it to its full potential but from what i need it definitely delivers.

As usual comments welcome!  :happy2:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 08:26:33 pm by shoaybmakda »

Offline rashg60

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 41
Re: Candy White Mk5 5dr DSG - Small Update With Pics!
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2015, 09:18:23 pm »
After reading your latest thread, I really thought for a moment that you had bought another set of Monza's!

Anyway, don't worry, I am looking after your old Monza's and they look stunning on my car - really set it off with the red/black look and I don't think I will ever change them.

Mind you, when I say looking after, something did happen (no faulty of mine). I was fitting them at my uncle's (a few doors down from my house) and he had one of his dopey mates round. Anyway, I was pushing the wheels across and the 'dopey friend' offered to help. I wanted to say 'no thanks' but out of politeness said 'yes' (which I regret to this day). The stupid dopey %^&%$£$$%% dropped one of the wheels! I was soooooo pi$$ed off. Luckily it was the kerbed one, which I'm gonna have to get sorted anyway. If it was one of the others I would have flipped.
Previous motors (in order of succession since 1994):-

VW Golf MK2 GTi 8v
Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi
VW Corrado G60 Supercharged
Volvo C70 2.0 Turbo Convertible
Audi TT MK1 1.8T quattro (225)
Mercedes CLS 320 V6
Audi TT MK1 3.2 V6 Quattro
Audi A4 Convertible 1.8T Quattro
VW Golf MK5 GTi 2.0 Turbo

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2015, 11:52:17 am »
Really nice car to work on and a top fella! 

@rashg60 oh dear!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2015, 11:57:24 pm »
Thanks for the comments @RetroRaz hope you had a good holiday

@rashg60 hopefully not too bad that it makes it even worse! I've looked all over the place for the guy who refurbed them but I can't seem to locate his details.

Offline S800BRN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 27
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2015, 02:15:49 pm »
Some nice mods here - looks fresh and clean.

Offline shoaybmakda

• Thank You
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2015, 03:56:11 pm »
Thanks @S800BRN just seen your thread - ED30 looks clean. How is the poor boys white diamond glaze? Was thinking of getting that to use on mine

Offline SloGolf

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2015, 02:21:08 pm »
really nice build, remember looking at this just before i got my white mk5 for inspiration. like the front splitter alot, got an eye on one on ebay as we speak...