Make a donation

Author Topic: Are all the Mk7R lease deals done now?  (Read 12170 times)

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: Are all the Mk7R lease deals done now?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 12:32:57 pm »
But are you going to get hammered by pence per mile if you dont hand it back to the finance company?

If you take it back to VW for a mk8 surely they will be pricing the car as a 3yr old mk7 with 30k on the clock....even though you have only meant to cover say 18k miles in that period?

Stevie.

Offline Matthewsimone

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2015, 10:54:59 am »
So if you buy a new car with cash, and then sell it 2 years later for £6576 less than you bought it for - how much do you then have to show for it?

I'm not trying to say a PCP is the best way to buy a car, simply that whichever way you buy it, it's going to cost money.

There's nothing to stop you buying it or settling up and selling it on the private market for more money. You don't have to hand it back.

We have had this discussion before .... :innocent:
But generally speaking why do you have to have a NEW car ? Buy a MK5 GTI for £6576 and 2 years time i expect you will still have £4k if you sold it ? Thats my point really . You don't need to have new cars nowadays to have reliable transport .
But its a personal choice , one of which i wouldn't do myself . I understand some people get a monthly allowance in their jobs to get their company car and this way would be very suitable and one in which i would do too if it wasn't my money .... Which it has always been MY money that was buying MY cars  :innocent:

Yes but if within that 2 year period you get a couple of nasty repair bills on the mk5 for example clutch replacement and say new turbo or similar you have just lost all that capital and you have also had to drive round in a 7-11 year old mk5 instead of a brand new car  :laugh:

My missus currently has a 2007 mk5 Gt tdi but already decided when we change it for her at some point in next 12 months we be leasing her a brand new GTD or similar
Mk5 Golf....... The Real GTI Reborn

Liam0205

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 04:20:09 pm »
Swings and roundabouts basically

It works for some and not others

Offline garrardrj

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 07:23:05 pm »
So if you buy a new car with cash, and then sell it 2 years later for £6576 less than you bought it for - how much do you then have to show for it?

I'm not trying to say a PCP is the best way to buy a car, simply that whichever way you buy it, it's going to cost money.

There's nothing to stop you buying it or settling up and selling it on the private market for more money. You don't have to hand it back.

We have had this discussion before .... :innocent:
But generally speaking why do you have to have a NEW car ? Buy a MK5 GTI for £6576 and 2 years time i expect you will still have £4k if you sold it ? Thats my point really . You don't need to have new cars nowadays to have reliable transport .
But its a personal choice , one of which i wouldn't do myself . I understand some people get a monthly allowance in their jobs to get their company car and this way would be very suitable and one in which i would do too if it wasn't my money .... Which it has always been MY money that was buying MY cars  :innocent:

Yes but if within that 2 year period you get a couple of nasty repair bills on the mk5 for example clutch replacement and say new turbo or similar you have just lost all that capital and you have also had to drive round in a 7-11 year old mk5 instead of a brand new car  :laugh:

My missus currently has a 2007 mk5 Gt tdi but already decided when we change it for her at some point in next 12 months we be leasing her a brand new GTD or similar

Well i have had 39 cars in my 35 year driving life , never have i had to replace the clutch . All but two were manuals and the biggest bill i have ever had was a Fuel Pump on a TDI Golf which was £400 . Never had a car newer than 2 years old , most 5-7 years.
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Matthewsimone

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2015, 08:06:12 pm »
Well you have had a very lucky driving career then my friend
Ive had over 40 cars in 13 years of driving and have had a few bills significantly bigger than that of £400  :laugh:

End of the day cars depreciate
If you lease a car these days all your payibg is the depreciation over that lease period which in turn makes it no different to purchasing a car brand new!

End of the day each to there own but if you can comfortably afford it and want it then why not, your only here once and could get wiped out tommmorrow  :happy2:
Mk5 Golf....... The Real GTI Reborn

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2015, 08:25:46 pm »
Well i have had 39 cars in my 35 year driving life , never have i had to replace the clutch . All but two were manuals and the biggest bill i have ever had was a Fuel Pump on a TDI Golf which was £400 . Never had a car newer than 2 years old , most 5-7 years.

That's a combination of buying wisely and plenty of fortune  :happy2:

'If you look after your cars, they generally look after you..." goes a long way, after buying sensibly of course.

I wouldn't have dreamed of buying a car with 54k miles on, but it was my MK5 GTI at the time and the only thing's that needed replacing were small components under used car warranty. The one thing that was outside warranty was the air con compressor and if that hasn't yet been replaced on your MK5, expect it to go tomorrow  :signLOL: :grin: :laugh: :wink:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2015, 12:12:08 pm »
After selling my Ed30 stage 2, I went for something sensible (330d Touring) which served me well for 12 months, but I got the hankering for something more powerful and fun, so ended up getting a MK7R in June 2014 instead (3dr DSG White).

I had 2 choices use £32K of my property fund and buy the car or lease it.

I decided to Lease it and glad I did as 8 months after I got the car a house came up locally for sale for a steal which I bought. (average street price of house is £365K, I paid £240K, add to that £12-15K renovation, this is something I would not have been able to do had I lumped £32K into a new car.

It is also a double whammy as VW released the R estate which is perfect for me (More room for my sports equipment) and much easier to fit kitchens and bathrooms in the back of an estate  :signLOL:

Come January I will no doubt be ordering the R wagon on lease as it suits my requirements for capital retention and general crap moving duties  :happy2:

MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2015, 11:35:06 am »
can't seem to find any lease deals on an R but you can still get the hatches for £2500 down and £250 a month or there abouts.

Skoda Octavia vRS is where my  money would go these days. £1500 deposit and £199 a month.

Offline Sug

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2015, 07:19:10 pm »
Or try a brand new Peugeot 208 gti 208ps for £1500 down and £59 a month I know its a pug but dirt cheap
EDITION 30 GONE, MK6 R GONE........AUDI 8V S3.....Stock for now

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2015, 08:55:27 pm »
Or try a brand new Peugeot 208 gti 208ps for £1500 down and £59 a month I know its a pug but dirt cheap

lol no way? That is one hell of an offer.

TBF to the 208 GTI, the new one gets rave journo reviews and Evo gave it 5 stars because it's the closest modern thing to the 205 GTI's spirit they said  :rolleye:
Pete

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2015, 10:40:32 pm »

You sure you haven't missed a 1 off the start of that monthly @rdfcpete @Sug - if not, be great to have a link sounds tempting, especially as my workhorse HotHatch is letting me down more and more :(

Offline Sug

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2015, 05:30:07 am »
Nope haven't missed a 1 it's on the R forum through CVL

Just checked there website and it has gone up sorry but only a little to £89 a month great deal if it ticks your boxes
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:34:08 am by Sug »
EDITION 30 GONE, MK6 R GONE........AUDI 8V S3.....Stock for now

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2015, 10:38:39 am »
Thanks mate... also noticed you can get a Tiguan Tech Match for £89 a month... BIG deposits though.

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2015, 02:24:56 pm »

Just checked there website and it has gone up sorry but only a little to £89 a month great deal if it ticks your boxes

There's a girl at work paying £199 a month for her Volkswagen Up!

FFS  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :signLOL: :chicken:
Pete

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2015, 07:24:26 pm »

There's a girl at work paying £199 a month for her Volkswagen Up!

FFS  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :signLOL: :chicken:

PMSL!  As much as I love our UP White Edition, that's a daft price especially with a deposit.

Don't show her the C1 equivalent with cool Open Air roof: http://www.centralukvehicleleasing.co.uk/vehicle/choose_your_lease/64229/citroen/ca/10_vti_feel_5dr.html
£38p/m