Make a donation

Author Topic: My car now has zero bhp!!!...UPDATE!!!  (Read 14331 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: My car now has zero bhp!!!...UPDATE!!!
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2009, 09:58:45 am »
Johnny your like a mother in law, pickin up on little things but then actually missing the point completely lol. The fueling is crap ie the hpfp as the whole internals and apr pump affair is just not as reliable as I wouldlike it to be, yes many haven't failed, but then alot have, and will they actually stNd the test of time who knows? I just wish someone would develop a solution from the ground up instead of just modyifying a flawed component which still leaves it liable to failure. No doubt you will co
e up with something else as you do seem to enjoy swinging your handbag around  :grin:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2009, 11:25:55 am »
Johnny your like a mother in law, pickin up on little things but then actually missing the point completely lol. The fueling is crap ie the hpfp as the whole internals and apr pump affair is just not as reliable as I wouldlike it to be, yes many haven't failed, but then alot have, and will they actually stNd the test of time who knows? I just wish someone would develop a solution from the ground up instead of just modyifying a flawed component which still leaves it liable to failure. No doubt you will co
e up with something else as you do seem to enjoy swinging your handbag around  :grin:

What do you expect when you say something like that?

Anyways I really don't think that's the case.. It's more to do with you not liking the fact that someone may possibly have more knowledge than you on your chosen subject..

As with all my posts I'm only trying to either bring new info to light or put things straight.. The difference is that all of my knowledge on this subject is based on my own personal experience, yours seems to come from reading it off the net.. For me, that says it all..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2009, 11:46:05 am »
All hail jonny, no one has a big turbo but him cocker. It's funny mate you seem to have a chip on your shoulder. You just seem to like to take certain things out of context. Maybe I should start analysing every post that you make, it's easily done. It's amusing how the same guy who flip flops constantly about whether 4wd or fwd is quicker and likes to think he knows more than apr, and constantly derides apr as a company just because you have a bit of money to throw at your car with a bt kit. There are plenty of bt guys out there who have been doing it long before you and actually do the work themselves instead of writing cheques, and they all manage to post on the internet without an attitude, or going around as if they are superior to everyone else. You say you have personal experience, well so do I. I have internals, and therefore I have just as much right to give my opinion on it beig rubbish or not as you. Anyway you really do live up to your name, cock indeed.

P.s apologies to the bad grammar and spelling, I'm still trying to figure out how to use the iPhone properly.

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2009, 11:49:08 am »
All hail jonny, no one has a big turbo but him cocker. It's funny mate you seem to have a chip on your shoulder. You just seem to like to take certain things out of context. Maybe I should start analysing every post that you make, it's easily done. It's amusing how the same guy who flip flops constantly about whether 4wd or fwd is quicker and likes to think he knows more than apr, and constantly derides apr as a company just because you have a bit of money to throw at your car with a bt kit. There are plenty of bt guys out there who have been doing it long before you and actually do the work themselves instead of writing cheques, and they all manage to post on the internet without an attitude, or going around as if they are superior to everyone else. You say you have personal experience, well so do I. I have internals, and therefore I have just as much right to give my opinion on it beig rubbish or not as you. Anyway you really do live up to your name, cock indeed.

P.s apologies to the bad grammar and spelling, I'm still trying to figure out how to use the iPhone properly.

Poverty, just 'man up' and take it on the chin like an adult. Agree to disagree without resorting to childish name calling - irrespective of who is right and wrong, there is no need for that.

To quote your sig, life is too short to waste time arguing over bloody engines as well!
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2009, 11:57:15 am »
I dont really know how this turned to handbags.  :grin:

Poverty Jonny just has a very different personality to you. You are always quite negative about problems with your car. Were Jonny is just looking to overcome problems and fix them. Whether he is in a position to be able to do this, or not is irrelevant, its about what attitude we all have to dealing with problems.
There is nothing wrong with how you look at life either to be honest, its just different, so it would help you if you recognize the differences between you 2 and stop being so defeatist.   :rolleye:

Just my 2 penith, as you were.

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2009, 11:58:02 am »
WORD!  :congrats:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2009, 12:01:17 pm »

Thought you may reply like that.. :congrats: You just sounded like a school boy.. Your a 'cock' hehehehehe.. Grow up!

Seriously you have no idea, I wont go to the trouble of sitting here explaining exactly how much work I did on my car personally, but its not how you would like to presume.. Sorry

What exactly have I taken out of context? Porting a head on a FSI running a K04 will make 20hp? Or the fact that the HPFP's are crap..?

I have nothing against APR (dont know why you felt the need to bring this up) If you check out any of the American forums, you will notice that APR get a really hard time from LOTS of different members.. And its not the fact that I think I know more than them, when have I ever claimed that?

And yes, your right, you do have the right for an opinion on the fuel pump, so im presuming that you have had countless problems and failures based on your comments?

I think its pretty obvious that your the one with the chip on your shoulder :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2009, 12:10:26 pm »

TC is right and let's not spoil Hurdy's thread with the handbags, even if it's slightly entertaining.

Better the entertainment provided by Master Hurdy's attempts to go even faster!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2009, 12:12:25 pm »

TC is right and let's not spoil Hurdy's thread with the handbags, even if it's slightly entertaining.

Come on Robin at least let him throw a couple more playground insults first??  :popcornsoda:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2009, 12:14:57 pm »
Haha I was thinking myself that your comments remind me of being back in school and the way in which you communicate. I have seen your posts on the American sites, personally I think it leaves alot to be desired. I won't bang on about the details, you will know all about it yourself and I'm not the first member here to have picked up on it either.

Anyway I won't say anymore about it, don't want to ruin hurdys thread and I need to go back to fixing things  

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2009, 12:15:40 pm »

Come on Robin at least let him throw a couple more playground insults first??  :popcornsoda:

.... :signLOL: Yeah, I know, it's always entertaining when someone throws their toys out the pram if we're honest about it.

:happy2: 8) :happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2009, 12:22:02 pm »
Haha I was thinking myself that your comments remind me of being back in school and the way in which you communicate. I have seen your posts on the American sites, personally I think it leaves alot to be desired. I won't bang on about the details, you will know all about it yourself and I'm not the first member here to have picked up on it either.

Oh yeah, a balanced argument vs. name calling.. Hmm... I wander?

« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 12:29:04 pm by jonnyc »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2009, 12:25:24 pm »
^^^^
Guys, I think your replies, Poverty, are somewhat out of order, but if you both continue with the handbags then the Mods will step in.

Just have some consideration for OP Hurdy.

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2009, 12:29:22 pm »
 :popcornsoda: This is like being at school, oh sorry, I forgot, I am  :happy2: Anyway, let's get Hurdy's thread back on track.

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2009, 12:40:11 pm »
:popcornsoda: This is like being at school, oh sorry, I forgot, I am  :happy2: Anyway, let's get Hurdy's thread back on track.

x2.  if there are differences, take them to PM please.