Make a donation

Author Topic: edition 30 under the bonnet, any different from gti  (Read 1178 times)

Offline benje

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
edition 30 under the bonnet, any different from gti
« on: December 05, 2009, 09:06:29 am »
has it got a different engine cover or anything different to look out for, also guys where is the engine no and chassis no located

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
Re: edition 30 under the bonnet, any different from gti
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 09:20:26 am »
The chassis no (or VIN no) is visible in one of the bottom corners of the windscreen.  Not too sure about the engine no... never bumped into that.

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 09:23:47 am »
Only thing I can think of visibly is the ED30 will have a tube/pipe running down the left hand side of the engine cover as you look at the car, this is running to the Diverter Valve which is located at the front of the engine on the ED30 unlike the regular GTI which is bolted to the turbo itself down the back of the engine :smiley:

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 09:28:25 am »
Only thing I can think of visibly is the ED30 will have a tube/pipe running down the left hand side of the engine cover as you look at the car, this is running to the Diverter Valve which is located at the front of the engine on the ED30 unlike the regular GTI which is bolted to the turbo itself down the back of the engine :smiley:

Can't remember exactly where, but around the front left corner as you look at the engine near the cambelt cover to head interface, the engine type should be stamped into the casting.  BYD is what you are looking for.
 :happy2: