Make a donation

Author Topic: ITG Maxogen Intake for 2.0TFSI  (Read 75572 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: ITG Maxogen Intake for 2.0TFSI
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 08:03:43 pm »

Maxogen is the range name for all the ITG intake kits - http://www.itgairfilters.com/content2.asp?section=maxogen  :happy2:

I have heard it on Revo's Leon and it's slightly louder than the K04 based Golf, but that's mainly down to the differences in the sound proofing.

Plus i have found the Forge DV really brings the wastegate sound alive  :evilgrin:

taken the sound proofing out as it was sagging. Really makes some noise though. Not sure what it sounds like from the outside?

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 08:06:38 pm »
RRP was £368 inc VAT last time I checked.

I am looking forward to your review about the Forge TwinTake Robin so I can post equally constructive comments about that  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 08:12:10 pm »

went for the all black stealth version and it looks mean!

....Thumbsup that ITG offer both white and black versions. White might be a better heat reflector but there's not a lot of it in the air tract and I personally much prefer the look of the black. Aren't both versions ceramic coated anyway?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 08:16:18 pm »
^^^ The white is a one of ceramic coated version for testing that I have, black powder coated is the new standard finish  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 08:30:02 pm »

I am looking forward to your review about the Forge TwinTake Robin so I can post equally constructive comments about that  :happy2:

.... :confused: Gosh! Are you finding that my comments are being 'unconstructive'? Please PM me and tell me in what way because it's not the intention. Or am I misinterpreting your post?

Anyway, although I have started drafting it, my Forge TWINtake review won't be ready until I have dyno plots. We won't be able to make deeply meaningful or conclusive comparisons with the ITG or indeed any other intake, without testing intakes on the same car. That's my point in suggesting we need to see other plots etc from other cars (K03 especially) with the ITG fitted - So we can further confirm rather than trash its excellent performance.

Btw, I assume it was you who locked my 'forthcoming announcement' thread - Would you please now remove that whole thread please - it's no longer relevant.

I was mistaken in thinking that the ITG and TWINtake were the only ones at a similar price level - There are several more at around £300.

:happy2:  

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 08:37:18 pm »

Robin, I like things to look right to and have trimmed my "bits of foam" a little here and there and it looks much more finished, I'll take some pics when I get a chance , what we need to remember is all ITG do is filters and intakes, its what they do, a lot of the other intakes are made by companies that do all sorts of products. I'm not saying that makes their intakes worse, but if you were buying brakes you'd go to a company that did brakes, need I say anymore :wink:

....That's good that you are able to trim your 'foam bits' (Parisienne?) and I do hope that people don't think I'm anti the Maxogen - I'm just being very honest about my thoughts on it.

I'm not aware of other intakes which ITG have produced. Filters yes, and with an excellent reputation for them, and I have an ITG panel filter installed. That doesn't mean to say that ITG can't produce excellent intakes as well.

They were developing a huge RS6 intake while i was their, dont know if anyone else saw it.

So has anyone ran a duct from the lower fog light up to the filter?

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 08:48:29 pm »
^^^ Yep saw the RS6 intake with the dual filters  :notworthy: was really surprised how small the OEM panels where.

I am planning on some ducting in the new year to add some more cold air to the filter area but to be honest I am not 100% sure it even needs it  :smiley:

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2009, 08:53:49 pm »
Im not sure it needs it either but every little helps and for what its worth might aswell do it when ive got a spare weekend.

When i was talking to andy he said there's a huge amount of air flow to utalize down by the fog light, but as i understand the cooling duct for the transmission is in the way and needs removing first.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2009, 08:59:09 pm »

I am planning on some ducting in the new year to add some more cold air to the filter area but to be honest I am not 100% sure it even needs it  :smiley:

....Would be very easy to do with some flexi-hose. But, as you say, does your car need any more air!?

Just seeing RobH's post: I thought I could see a way through without removing anything when I last looked but perhaps I'm wrong. Surely you wouldn't want to interfere with tranny cooling ducts. Andy@ITG says he knows some tricks for doing it.

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 09:07:08 pm »

I am planning on some ducting in the new year to add some more cold air to the filter area but to be honest I am not 100% sure it even needs it  :smiley:

....Would be very easy to do with some flexi-hose. But, as you say, does your car need any more air!?

Just seeing RobH's post: I thought I could see a way through without removing anything when I last looked but perhaps I'm wrong. Surely you wouldn't want to interfere with tranny cooling ducts. Andy@ITG says he knows some tricks for doing it.

May have to give him a ring then :happy2:.

If you have the forge twintercooler fitted the transmission duct is removed anyway as its in the way of the ic pipes.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 09:10:27 pm by RobH »

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 09:14:24 pm »
nice to see another review that is not blowing undeserved sunshine up a manufacturers aris!  Functional Steve!  You could  arrive at the Dorchester and still be understated with that one, unless the Concierge wanted a  look!  Good review mate!

:happy2: :happy2: :happy2:

I will be posting a review on my experiences with the Golf and my experiences to get it upgraded soon.  By that I mean, I have owned it for 2 years now, and not all is good.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 09:37:58 pm »
Cheers Dave  :happy2:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 10:09:17 pm »
what we need to remember is all ITG do is filters and intakes, its what they do, a lot of the other intakes are made by companies that do all sorts of products. I'm not saying that makes their intakes worse, but if you were buying brakes you'd go to a company that did brakes, need I say anymore :wink:
....That's good that you are able to trim your 'foam bits' (Parisienne?) and I do hope that people don't think I'm anti the Maxogen - I'm just being very honest about my thoughts on it.
I'm not aware of other intakes which ITG have produced. Filters yes, and with an excellent reputation for them, and I have an ITG panel filter installed. That doesn't mean to say that ITG can't produce excellent intakes as well.
They were developing a huge RS6 intake while i was their, dont know if anyone else saw it.
he showed me all sorts when i was there. from intakes designed for BTCC cars, to F2 and F1 stuff. you should also see some of the media he had on his computer as well. The amount of custom work they do is huge.

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 10:14:23 pm »
yep saw all of that aswell, unless youve been down i dont think you can appreciate the work they do.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 10:51:15 pm »
Great review Steve. :happy2:

I'd love to be able to get the ITG, Twintake, EVOMs and Dbilas on one car for the day with a Dyno to do some "level playing field" testing.
Golf R gone.