Make a donation

Author Topic: Audi R8 (Armytrix exhaust) vs MK5 Golf GTI (288bhp)  (Read 1664 times)

Offline MrJohnVas

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Work in progress website
Audi R8 (Armytrix exhaust) vs MK5 Golf GTI (288bhp)
« on: May 25, 2015, 12:06:33 am »
Some clips I shot and stitched together of a forum member in his GTI and his brother in his R8.

The s-tronic R8 is powered by a V8 and is fitted with an Armytrix exhaust. The MK5 Golf GTI is powered by a k03 at 288bhp/367lb-ft.

It should be noted that no speed limits were broken during the making of this video. Just a boring vid showing off the loudness of an Armytrix exhaust on an R8 :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 12:27:22 pm by MrJohnVas »

dansmith180

Re: Audi R8 (Armytrix exhaust) vs MK5 Golf GTI (288bhp)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 01:42:52 am »
I've never understood why you'd by a V8 R8, they're just no worth the money, I'd much rather have a 500bhp ttrs and £20k change. Nice video though, shame they only got the one decent run in.

Offline MrJohnVas

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 12:05:24 pm »
Thanks!

I think the TTRS and R8 V8 are totally different cars. The engine, styling and drivability to name a few. There were many people stopping to video and take pics of the R8 (it is a supercar after all... and that sound  :laugh:), but I doubt a TTRS would receive the same attention.... Some want the whole package after all :)

dansmith180

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 01:24:53 pm »
That's definitely true it has the following and supercar status but I see more R8's than TTRS's and if it was my money a TTRS plus and enough change to put a deposit on a house is my choice  :jumping:. Still a lovely car though.

Offline MrJohnVas

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 07:37:17 pm »
That's definitely true it has the following and supercar status but I see more R8's than TTRS's and if it was my money a TTRS plus and enough change to put a deposit on a house is my choice  :jumping:. Still a lovely car though.

You're right, I also see more TTRS' too!

The R8 was second hand - you wouldn't be able to buy a TTRS and have enough change for a house deposit unfortunately :)

If it was my money I would have bought a second hand GTR  :signLOL: