General > Product Reviews

GTI Forge TWINtake air intake - Review....

<< < (3/82) > >>

bacillus:

--- Quote from: john_o on December 17, 2009, 02:29:17 pm ---Remind me going from 9 to 8 on REVO fuel setting is that more or less fuel?

--- End quote ---

9 is leaner than 8...   :xmassmiley:

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: john_o on December 17, 2009, 02:29:17 pm ---aha ...
I'm at work so cant see the pictures but can read the text.
superb and very thorough writeup thanks Robin.  :happy2:
just the right kind of total LOTS :pomppomp:

would be good to have seen your correction factors before and after.
Remind me going from 9 to 8 on REVO fuel setting is that more or less fuel?

can we have some MAF flow figures please?

like you I'm still confused on the 2 filters is better than 1 but ITG only needs one but gets same power.

still not convinced on the 'lack of bracketry' but if i was buying an intake then this would be 1 of my 2 choices ( :wink:)

another top addition to the product section, top man.  :drinking:

(maybe we should create a mk5golfgti handbook and sell for profit  :xmassmiley:)

--- End quote ---

....Cheers, John  :drinking:

MAF flow figs would require riding out with the laptop IIRC. We didn't have time but Dom might be happy to when we next meet.

I looks as if what both EVOMS and ITG have achieved with one open filter, Forge have achieved with two enclosed filters. I don't feel that we can judge any one of them as been far better than the other two - All three appear to deliver very similar benefits - On K03 +15 bhp and on K04 +20 bhp - These can only be guide figures.

Personally I don't like the sounds of the EVOMS, I'm not keen on the appearance of the ITG (but I may love its sound the most - I don't know yet), but I like everything about the Twintake.

Re the fixing 'bracketery', I can absolutely assure you that the Twintake is planted very firmly indeed but without being rigid - A bit like sitting on the wing of a car with good suspension, it hardly moves but can move.

Rob GTI:
So does the circa 15 bhp make the car feel any different on the road, if so how??

john_o:

--- Quote from: bacillus on December 17, 2009, 02:40:44 pm ---
--- Quote from: john_o on December 17, 2009, 02:29:17 pm ---Remind me going from 9 to 8 on REVO fuel setting is that more or less fuel?

--- End quote ---
9 is leaner than 8...   :xmassmiley:

--- End quote ---
cheers , intuitive with the increased airflow but not having REVO I wouldnt want to quote wrongly  :happy2:

MAT ED30:
so as i said above y did u break down? was it due the intake ? :smiley:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version