General > Product Reviews

GTI Forge TWINtake air intake - Review....

<< < (2/82) > >>

prepree:
As always a great read Robin, im glad youve mentioned the knock on effect as this is something im slighly concerned of at the moment,

My car is standard at the moment but have a good deal on for the twintake, if i go through with it will the increase in air cause the ECU to go mental and start giving me fuel cuts?

I guess the quick answer is to get Revo'd so i could have it tailored to accomodate the twintake but cant afford both at the moment!

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: prepree on December 17, 2009, 02:02:14 pm ---
As always a great read Robin, im glad youve mentioned the knock on effect as this is something im slighly concerned of at the moment,

My car is standard at the moment but have a good deal on for the twintake, if i go through with it will the increase in air cause the ECU to go mental and start giving me fuel cuts?

I guess the quick answer is to get Revo'd so i could have it tailored to accomodate the twintake but cant afford both at the moment!

--- End quote ---

....Thanks, mate  :drinking:

It's not guaranteed that your ECU will take protective measures when confronting an increase in air input. It's a possibility and so it's sensible and realistic to be aware of that possibility. Others more expert may be able to post their views on the liklihood and detail.

One thing I'm fairly certain of though is that without a remap the power advantages of an aftermarket high-flow air intake will be kinda wasted.

Slippery slopers will advise that a turbo-back exhaust, a high-flow intake, and a remap, all work hand-in-hand with each other. There are other mods like intercoolers which further add to the 'fun'! Then you'll want better brakes and suspension mods  :evilgrin: 

MAT ED30:

--- Quote from: Greenouse on December 17, 2009, 01:59:18 pm ---Excellent Robin!  :congrats:

The time and effort is appreciated!  :happy2:

Maybe I'm a chav then as I love the sound my ITG + Forge DV make!  :pomppomp:

--- End quote ---

i think i must be a chav too  :rolleye: just love the open cone filter noise  :evilgrin:

RedRobin:

--- Quote from: Greenouse on December 17, 2009, 01:59:18 pm ---
Excellent Robin!  :congrats:

The time and effort is appreciated!  :happy2:

Maybe I'm a chav then as I love the sound my ITG + Forge DV make!  :pomppomp:

--- End quote ---

....Thanks Nath! I enjoy writing reviews.

I'm looking forward to hearing the ITG - Reports suggest it sounds great. It's probably more 'whooshy' than the Twintake because the filter isn't enclosed. But I expect it's more sophisticated sounding than the EVOMS. Bottom line is that it's simply whichever sound floats your boat. :drinking:

john_o:
aha ...
I'm at work so cant see the pictures but can read the text.
superb and very thorough writeup thanks Robin.  :happy2:
just the right kind of total LOTS :pomppomp:

would be good to have seen your correction factors before and after.
Remind me going from 9 to 8 on REVO fuel setting is that more or less fuel?

can we have some MAF flow figures please?

like you I'm still confused on the 2 filters is better than 1 but ITG only needs one but gets same power.

still not convinced on the 'lack of bracketry' but if i was buying an intake then this would be 1 of my 2 choices ( :wink:)

another top addition to the product section, top man.  :drinking:

(maybe we should create a mk5golfgti handbook and sell for profit  :xmassmiley:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version