Make a donation

Author Topic: Batteries replaced but key fob buttons only work when within a foot of the car  (Read 1171 times)

Offline deltawing

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Just purchased a black MK5 GTI and having some problems with the central locking.

I have replaced the batteries and reprogrammed the key to the car (ignition on, unlock 10x and lock 10x)

but the key fob will only lock and unlock the doors if I'm sat in the car or hold the key right next to the body work.

I have a spare which I have replaced the batteries and reprogrammed also and it's exactly the same.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 04:00:01 pm by deltawing »

Offline Alanhey

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
You could have problems regarding the electrical part of the car. You should check it.

Offline deltawing

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
You could have problems regarding the electrical part of the car. You should check it.

Did that today, took the glove box out and cleaned all the terminals on the Convenience module, took the A-pillar trim out and checked the (clear) antenna wire, seemed all good. Made absolutely no difference in the end. Frustrating but will just have to put up with it I guess

Offline deltawing

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
For anyone who finds this thread with the same problem. The central locking pretty much gave up completely a few months after i posted this thread.

I resolved it by buying a used central convenience module (1K0 959 433 BT) fitting then recoding via VCDS and pairing the remotes again.

Simple job and now have fully working central locking with good range

« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 08:00:16 pm by deltawing »