Make a donation

Author Topic: Turbo needed  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
Turbo needed
« on: December 11, 2011, 08:58:05 pm »
Hi all over the last yr or so my 1.9TDI has the siren noise, which is getting worse, now my question is should i fit a standard unit or is it worth getting an uprated one? I had the car remapped and she now runs 140 bhp, also where is the best place to get one and what sort of money are they?

if there is an uprated one i should go for would i need to change any other bits?
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: Turbo needed
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 09:07:57 pm »
SAll depending how much you want to pay for a hybrid
Turbo technics or cr turbos. Try dark side developments which is who I will be going to,if you do go hybrid its best to get a good exhaust that is decat and you will need a custom map
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 09:12:00 pm by maxitrol »

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 09:56:53 pm »
SAll depending how much you want to pay for a hybrid
Turbo technics or cr turbos. Try dark side developments which is who I will be going to,if you do go hybrid its best to get a good exhaust that is decat and you will need a custom map

Darkside are very good speak to Scott or Ryan and they will give you a run down on what they can do, just buying a new cylinder head, clutch and will be doing the race injectors ££££££££

Darren

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 09:59:52 pm »
Bloody hell Daz you will be kicking out some power then,so when you getting thier turbo :signLOL:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 10:08:33 pm »
Bloody hell Daz you will be kicking out some power then,so when you getting thier turbo :signLOL:

Sticking with this turbo for the moment, Ryan said it will max out at 220bhp but cos I have my car how I visioned it from the beginning I will go GTB2260VK probably late next year. And with the new head ported and polished :laugh: it will be kicking some poop out the back :grin:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 10:24:36 pm »
I was going to get one of there turbos for my car but with the trouble Am having with it iv,e had to put the money  towards getting it fixed

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 10:38:41 pm »
Whats the actual problem Andy?

Darren

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 10:47:36 pm »
Thanks for the advice lads will make a few calls and get an idea of cost.....then will get my oh drunk tell her what I wanna do she will say yeah you can and all will be fine lol that's how I see it in my head anyway, will keep you all updated
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 10:48:04 pm »
The oil seals in the turbo keeps blowing,like its got to much oil pressure in the engine then filling the turbo full of oil,had the engine out replaced the rings had the head checked which was fine but got the valve stem oil seals done at the same time,they are putting better internals in the turbo now to hold more pressure.......
The orig problem was chucking clouds of blue smoke out the back,When your turbo went the same time mine did I have had 2 on since then :signLOL:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 11:17:19 pm »
Didn't realise you'd gone through all that mate sorry to hear :surprised: Darkside will have you sorted mate

Darren

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 11:24:29 pm »
Cheers mate,been a real headache,one point i was going to get it sorted and sell it for a r32 but i know my car so decided to keep it,i was a week away of booking it in at dark side(august) when the trouble began----if you sell your turbo can i have first dibs :happy2:

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 11:39:01 pm »
Cheers mate,been a real headache,one point i was going to get it sorted and sell it for a r32 but i know my car so decided to keep it,i was a week away of booking it in at dark side(august) when the trouble began----if you sell your turbo can i have first dibs :happy2:

Ill let you know regards the turbo mate :happy2: