Make a donation

Author Topic: How to guide  (Read 770 times)

PSW

How to guide
« on: June 18, 2012, 09:22:50 pm »
Done a search and can't find.... So how do I take my clocks out to see the code on the back.. Cheers in advance  :happy2:

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
Re: How to guide
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 09:37:52 pm »
I believe you lower the steering wheel, pull the plastic bit under the clocks with the fabric/leather attached to it and it has 2 clips, 1 either side, then undo the 2 screws and then pull out the clocks (I believe that's what Eddie NL did with mine)

Then the reverse to put them back. Just make sure you have a magnetic bit otherwise if you drop the screw it means taking the underneath of the dash apart

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 09:40:49 pm »
Correct  :happy2:

Really easy, remove the small plastic panel on the lower part of the clocks - just pulls off. Behind this you will find two screws. Unscrew these and the clocks simply slide out
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 10:27:17 pm »
be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaally careful when you pull the fabric/leather part attached to the top of the steering wheel - those two barstewards clips fly have a habit of flying around everywhere and scratching up the face of your clocks/instrument cluster! also helps if you pull the steering wheel out all the way and keep a finger under the screw ready for when it inevitably drops down!
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

PSW

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 10:48:49 pm »
Cheers for replays guys much appreciated  :congrats:  have a look tomoz  :happy2: