Make a donation

Author Topic: Pics request - back ends!  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Ranbeer Singh

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Pics request - back ends!
« on: May 24, 2013, 11:56:18 am »
Hi All,

Want to change my rear bumper on my K03 but cant make my mind up. :laugh:  Please post pics of your backsides so I can see the different options.

Thanking you in advance

Rick

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8

Offline brookesb32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 75
Re: Pics request - back ends!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 04:41:38 pm »
Standard GTI rear with lower half colour coded - jut centre section left in original black plastic

VCDS cable HEX-USB+CAN. New but can do the basics including coding

Offline Santaslonecruzer

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 06:37:42 pm »
I'm looking to replace the rear black plastic lower valance on my GT. does anyone know what it would cost to get sprayed? Can it be sprayed as a stand alone part or does it need to be fitted and then sprayed? My car is reflex silver....presumably there is only one type of vw reflex silver, I.e, what's the chance of it not matching the rest of the original bumper?

Sorry for what may seem simple questions, any advice is welcome.
Mkv GT Tdi 140 Reflex Silver

Offline brookesb32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 75
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 11:50:30 pm »
I'm looking to replace the rear black plastic lower valance on my GT. does anyone know what it would cost to get sprayed? Can it be sprayed as a stand alone part or does it need to be fitted and then sprayed? My car is reflex silver....presumably there is only one type of vw reflex silver, I.e, what's the chance of it not matching the rest of the original bumper?

Sorry for what may seem simple questions, any advice is welcome.

Ok so yes definitely spray off the car, cost wise anything between £100 and £150. It needs high build primer due to the surface not being flat.

As far as in know only one reflex silver but there ate always shade differences so if worries take car to body shop so they can colour match (my red bumper was sprayed and sent to me without seeing the car and very happy with colour)
VCDS cable HEX-USB+CAN. New but can do the basics including coding

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 13
  • 56 plate 5 door in Black Pearl Metallic
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 12:50:14 am »
My Reflex Silver Ed 30 rear end was repaired earlier this year and the bumper was expertly blended into the rear 1/4 panels and side skirts to get the best result.  It looks great.
This same bumper was painted once before but not blended and it didn't match the 1/4 panel at all well.  Could have been wrong shade of paint or different clear coat perhaps? I think the only way to get a good result with Reflex Silver is to blend in.  Good luck!

galaxie500